DHS New "Flex" Theater

roj2323

Well, let me put it another way. If you get rid of Muppets, then that is yet another lost attraction that needs to be made up with new additions. And it's an all ages thing to book in a park that needs all ages stuff. And, realistically, DHS doesn't need to just replace the attractions that have been shut down, they need a large number of additions.

As for MuppetVision itself, I'm not wedded to the particular show (though I do indeed like it) but would like to see The Muppets have some presence in DHS. I just think that if MuppetVision went away, we might not have a replacement attraction for that crew.
Oh I don't think they would demo the building but I deffintily think they would do a major re themeing of the building.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I hate to break it to you but muppets probably isn't going to survive this. The attraction's numbers are abismoal

having worked at the park for nearly 2 years I absolutely disagree. There is plenty of room.

I guess you could squeeze something in there, but it's a very oddly shaped area.

Capture.JPG

doctornick

I guess you could squeeze something in there, but it's a very oddly shaped area.

View attachment 90571

Hmmm. Never really thought about it, but I guess you could leave the Muppet area as is (keeping Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose and even the Premier Theater) and just tear down the actual "streets" for space for a show building or two. (Probably would necessitate removal of HISTK as well)

mm121

@twebber55
Its a theater designed in such a way that lighting/sound...even seating and stage...can be quickly converted between different layouts, allowing the venue to host a variety of styles of events.

Google Gala Systems. They are a big name in that business, iirc.

In fact, I wouldnt be shocked at all if that is who Disney contracted for the interior setup.

Now thats some crazy engineering

dvitali

If they gonna to remove the SOA facades then move or re-theme the ABC commissary and the SiFi Drive in to fit Star Wars. Moving the Muppets to Idol would be a major investment by having to build a projection room, water squirting seats, bubbles machine by the ceilings,and moving the Waldo brothers and the pre-show areas.
I rather see the SOA as the Route 66 entrance to Car Land with a Flo Diner and stores stopping at mountain range of the car land ride. (Or the landing strip for Planes Fire and Rescue!)

JoeCamel

So, I'm sure that system will never break and continue to work for the next 30 years :banghead::banghead: Same logic as making your car a rolling computer. Lasts til the warranty is up and then you can't get parts when it breaks.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour

View attachment 90571

Take out the HIST thingy too.... and the QS that's there... That would be a Nice sized pad... Thoughts that it would work for a Cars Land cloned entry see more plausible in that space but I still doubt it and hope for something new or from the other side of the world.
Some one here recently insinuated that the park's current orientation front to back might be altered. Fronts of things now might not be the fronts down the road. Could changing the entry position be accomplished by entering from LMA/ Mama Melrose area? I must get to Google earth....

*1023*

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'll just be glad when all of this is announced. This is becoming confusing.

It's actually pretty straight forward. Third track for TSMM has been announced and is under construction. New Flex theater hasn't been announced yet but based on the permits that have been files, it's clearly happening. Beyond this, everything else is just rumor and speculation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom