DHS -National Treasure?

Mickey is King

Original Poster
This is a great park! I love the feel of the place..My only complaint is that it needs more! Although it takes a while to do the park if you watch a couple of shows that day, if you don't you can be done wayyyy early in the day. it has alot of shows- good one's too but the park is small , I think there could be room for a few more things. maybe some kind of National Treasure attraction -well ,there's tons of movies to draw from to make attractions for DHS . Maybe it's stupid but I thimk National Treasure would be cool......what kind of attraction would it be though?
:hammer:

Cmdr_Crimson

The only thing that reflects the word National Treasure is the exhibit in The American Adventure at WS in Epcot...It's called National Treasures...Ironic don't you think?
DSC01406.jpg

icandrawem2

Haa...a National Treasure game similar to kim possible. Because thats just what everybody needs is more interactivity! This is me being sarcastic.

pacochran

Maybe instead of creating like has been suggested an Indiana Jones ride like CA maybe they could adapt it to National Treasure since it is a Disney movie (no payment for copyright) and they have a National Treaure 3 coming out too.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Haa...a National Treasure game similar to kim possible. Because thats just what everybody needs is more interactivity! This is me being sarcastic.
I think it's a wonderful idea! Maybe not "National Treasure," but something that has the same gameplay idea as KP. What's your beef with interactivity?

cblodg

Maybe instead of creating like has been suggested an Indiana Jones ride like CA maybe they could adapt it to National Treasure since it is a Disney movie (no payment for copyright) and they have a National Treaure 3 coming out too.

George Lucas and the Disney Co. have actually had a good relationship. There are two attractions at DHS that he's teamed up with them, Star Tours and Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. I doubt Disney would have to pay more or anything for the rights to do an Indiana Jones themed ride.

There are two things they could do at DHS that would bring more people back to the park:

1) Do a serious rehab of The Great Movie Ride. New movies and better AAs

2) Get rid of the Indiana Jones stunt show in favor of an Indiana Jones ride. The show is so outdated now that they don't even put a wig on the woman who's supposed to be standing in for Karen Allen.

I personally think these two fixes would really bring the crowds back.

DebS

2) Get rid of the Indiana Jones stunt show in favor of an Indiana Jones ride. The show is so outdated now that they don't even put a wig on the woman who's supposed to be standing in for Karen Allen.

I couldn't agree more. Total rehabs would be wonderful but even making a few changes occasionally would help! They're locked into the same old scripts. Time for a change.

goodtimes5286

George Lucas and the Disney Co. have actually had a good relationship. There are two attractions at DHS that he's teamed up with them, Star Tours and Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. I doubt Disney would have to pay more or anything for the rights to do an Indiana Jones themed ride.

There are two things they could do at DHS that would bring more people back to the park:

I couldn't agree more. Total rehabs would be wonderful but even making a few changes occasionally would help! They're locked into the same old scripts. Time for a change.
3x, I always thought they needed to abandon that god awful show for one of the amazing rides (b/c theres another indiana jones roller coaster in Disneyland Paris). I personally prefer the DL version, but ive never been to DLP so....

But then again what is so bad about national treasure as a ride? I think that could be fun. Why not get rid of the great movie ride, and in it's place, take all of that room and make an indiana jones, dinosaur, ride using national treasure? Then they could put in a coaster in indiana jones's show spot right now, maybe one like the mummy, an in the dark family coaster with really amazing special effects darkness and twist and turns as opposed to anything too extreme?

At the VERY least they need to overhaul the great movie ride changing the WHOLE thing into disney movies, like something where the villans get out of control and idk stuff happens and the heros come to the rescue! Speaking of....why haven't any parks incorporated hercules? Theres sooooo much they could do with it (imo)......

....just my two pennies....

Yensid_Robert9

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a car chase through the streets of Paris in the second film?

Does anyone else see a possibility of them trying to boost expectations (assuming there will be a third entry) by changing LMA into "National Treasure stuntshow" or something to that effect?

It would kinda make sense.

goodtimes5286

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a car chase through the streets of Paris in the second film?

Does anyone else see a possibility of them trying to boost expectations (assuming there will be a third entry) by changing LMA into "National Treasure stuntshow" or something to that effect?

It would kinda make sense.

ehhh, i think that's a streach

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Only if they moved Paris to England and gave the Frogs back a monarchy with a desk. :drevil:

Both stunt shows are mediocre and only draw the crowds they do as there is so few alternatives.

If we did a straw poll on repeat visitors I wonder how many visit every trip?

Bring back the street sunt show, replace Indy with the ride. Put in a water ride, thats not 30 secs long, and please update the Grate Movie Snore

icandrawem2

I think it's a wonderful idea! Maybe not "National Treasure," but something that has the same gameplay idea as KP. What's your beef with interactivity?

I dont really have anything against interactive attractions, but it seems like thats what they think everybody wants now...there have been numerous articles concerning this. I can't say anything bad about KP, because I havent played it yet, but Im sure its somewhat entertaining. I do enjoy puzzle solving games that make you think..so at least its not thoughtless interactivity, rather something that requires use of one's brain!

cblodg

I dont really have anything against interactive attractions, but it seems like thats what they think everybody wants now...there have been numerous articles concerning this. I can't say anything bad about KP, because I havent played it yet, but Im sure its somewhat entertaining. I do enjoy puzzle solving games that make you think..so at least its not thoughtless interactivity, rather something that requires use of one's brain!

I haven't played the KP stuff either as I'm 24 and so it's out of my target range.:lookaroun

It was great seeing all the kids in World Showcase really looking around and interacting with the CMs. I will admit that hearing that little beeping noise the 'cell phone' makes was really annoying.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.

Thinking? At DISNEY WORLD? This is a vacation spot! :animwink:
No, I see exactly what you mean. I love KP (I never thought I would admit that, I've never bothered watching the show), but it requires next to no actual problem solving.

cblodg

Thinking? At DISNEY WORLD? This is a vacation spot! :animwink:

Can we add the constent texting by teenage girls into that. I can't tell you how many times I got run into becuase some girl was busy texting to one of her friends.:fork: Your on VACATION! Give it a rest.

I postulate the cell phone is the worst invention by man.

fosse76

Only if they moved Paris to England and gave the Frogs back a monarchy with a desk. :drevil:

Both stunt shows are mediocre and only draw the crowds they do as there is so few alternatives.

If we did a straw poll on repeat visitors I wonder how many visit every trip?

Bring back the street sunt show, replace Indy with the ride. Put in a water ride, thats not 30 secs long, and please update the Grate Movie Snore

I disagree about LMA, I find it pretty entertaining. However, I have had enough of Indiana Jones...once was enough for American Idol, and Beauty and the Beast is so tedious they should pay people to go watch it. The shows are clearly scheduled to keep people in the park for a good portion of the day, otherwise anyone who arrives at 9:00am could be finished by 12:00pm at the latest. And that's without using a FP for Toy Story. Unlike rides, repeat viewings of shows at a certain point becomes boring and tedious. Disney needs to update its shows constantly...DHS is already pretty stale. First timers will always go to those shows, but when many first timers seek advice from seasoned-pros who think the shows are stale, they won't be visiting them. Either update Indiana Jones or get rid of it. Either redesign Beauty and the Beast (which is just plain tacky even for a theme park show) or get rid of it. Cut out the Herbie portion of LMA and get rid of the "remote-controlled" car bit...and maybe add a new stunt every year or something. Make people want to go back. The only thing that really kept me away from American Idol was the thought of having to sit through that tedious and unecessary Jordan Sparks montage/video.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I disagree about LMA, I find it pretty entertaining. However, I have had enough of Indiana Jones...once was enough for American Idol, and Beauty and the Beast is so tedious they should pay people to go watch it. The shows are clearly scheduled to keep people in the park for a good portion of the day, otherwise anyone who arrives at 9:00am could be finished by 12:00pm at the latest. And that's without using a FP for Toy Story. Unlike rides, repeat viewings of shows at a certain point becomes boring and tedious. Disney needs to update its shows constantly...DHS is already pretty stale. First timers will always go to those shows, but when many first timers seek advice from seasoned-pros who think the shows are stale, they won't be visiting them. Either update Indiana Jones or get rid of it. Either redesign Beauty and the Beast (which is just plain tacky even for a theme park show) or get rid of it. Cut out the Herbie portion of LMA and get rid of the "remote-controlled" car bit...and maybe add a new stunt every year or something. Make people want to go back. The only thing that really kept me away from American Idol was the thought of having to sit through that tedious and unecessary Jordan Sparks montage/video.

I would agree with the shows, except I saw Hunchback every trip and would still go now. That was IMHO of course one of the best theme park based shows ever.

LMA suffers in my eyes from also having seen it in Paris where I think it just seems to have a bit more edge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom