Backlot Tour
Shows:
Beauty and the Beast
Fantasmic!
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Indiana Jones
Lights! Motors! Action!
Muppet Vision 3-D
If you add Star Tours 2 and swap LMA for One Man's Dream that is my exact itinerary! :)

Then add in a meal at the Sci-Fi and strolling about in the pretty parts of the park and its a perfect, perfect day.

And they say DHS is not a full day! :eek:

jrab0616

I have to warn you that if you get motion sick, star tours 2.0 might be a bit rough. Most rides don't bother me, but this one did. The 3D made it even worse for me and I couldn't wait to get off.

Figments Friend

After 7 years away, you need to consider doing it ALL, except American Idol. Also, there are many foods/beverages to try...the carrot cake cookie (Writer's Stop), truffle macaroni & cheese hot dog (Fairfax Fare), Stoplight Margarita (High Octane Refreshment), Grandma's Picnic Punch (Tune-In Lounge)...
Hey, don't forget 'Dad's Peanut Butter & Jelly Shake' , also from the Tune-In Lounge !
YUMMY....
:D

Jim Chandler

I am headed back to DHS in September after about 7 years away.
What are your favorite things in DHS and what should I make sure I don't miss?
What should I get Fast passes for?

Oh yeah, I will have no kids with me so no kiddie stuff.

Thanks in advance!
I love this board....I have learned so much and you are all so helpful!!! :)

No kiddie stuff???? Where are you really going????? It is Disney it is all kiddie stuff. It is why we go.
Go do it all. Be that 9 year old you used to be, bring back the shock and awe of your first trip.

For non kiddie stuff tho.....
EPCOT...Fish and chips in England with a pint or wine and cheese as you watch people.
SOARIN (BRING YOUR NOSE), TEST TRACK, MISSION SPACE
AK ... Kilimanjaro Safari AND Expedition Everest AND Kali River Rapids
DHS ... Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
badge-alert-new.png
Tower of Terror Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
MK... ALL OF IT BE THAT 9 YEAR OLD AGAIN ESP...SPLASH MTN., THUNDER MTN., POC, HAUNTED MANSION
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel AND DUMBO. BE THE KID

Figments Friend

For DHS, i would make these suggestions -

Absolute musts for Disney Theme Park fan:

For attractions:
-----------------

One Man's Dream - You can easily spend HOURS in this walk-through display touching on all aspects of Walt's public life.

The Great Movie Ride - The heart & soul of DHS.

Star Tours 2 - Awesome and exciting fun, with a great Tantoonie themed gift shop to temp you on the way out.

Tower of Terror - If you dig high octane thrills in a elaborately themed setting.

Toy Story Midway Mania - Worth doing at least once, and do not miss Mr. Potato Head in the main Standby queue.

For live entertainment and stage shows:
--------------------------------------------

Voyage of The Little Mermaid ( live stage show ) - Well worth seeing, some clever puppetry effects and cool stage effects.

Beauty & The Beast ( live stage show ) - a nice little production that is well worth seeing.

( please note: BOTH of these stage shows are rumored to be closing, possibly by the end of this year. )

The Citizens of Hollywood ( 'streetmosphere' characters that roam Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd )

For dining or snacks :
------------------------
Sci-Fi Dine In - Interesting drink menu...and some decent food.

50s Prime Time Cafe - Try the Peanut Butter and Jelly Shake, and prepare yourself to 'play along' with your waitstaff.

Starring Rolls Bakery - Fabulous assortment of sugary goodness await: huge cinnamon buns, pastries, cookies, and lots more to be had.

For viewing just for the beauty of it :
----------------------------------------

The Chinese Theatre ( entrance to The Great Movie Ride ) - stunning details inside and out..be sure to take some time to look at the handprints in the cement. At nighttime, visit again and behold the beautiful lighting on the building. Photo worthy.

Outside of Star Tours - The giant Imperial Walker AT-AT, Ewok Village, and Tantoonie Traders ( gift shop at exit of attraction ) are awesome. Visit again in the evening to hear the Ewoks chattering in the huts and see their flickering fires.

Friendship Launches ( ferry service outside the front gate to Epcot and surrounding DHS/EPCOT resorts ). Take a boat ride to EPCOT and back to relax a little and take in the view. A nice way to take to breather.

luv

These are my favorites:
Beauty and the Beast show
Tower of Terror
Rock roller coaster
Great movie ride

Occasionally do:
One Man's Dream
Muppetvision
Little Mermaid show
Toy Story

I see Fantasmic every 8 years or so, just to see if I will like it this time. It's not really my thing.

abeachchick

hi
Original Poster
Wow, thanks guys!
I was worried that I wouldn't be able to spend a whole day there but clearly I was wrong!!

If I was to set up a meet-up, could you suggest a good meeting spot? Some place that it will be easy for people to find each other?

I am definitely doing 50's Prime Time for food! And it looks like I will be doing all the attractions/rides!!
It was a long time ago but I do remember the Rockin Rollercoaster, and I can't wait for that!!

Californian Elitist

I'm just curious...
I've seen Fantasmic! many times at DL, should I still see it at DHS? Is it any different/ better?

It's different but the story, for the most part, is the same. I think it's worth checking out, although DL's is a lot better.

-No Sailing Ship Columbia with Pan
-No Murphy
-No Mark Twain
-No Pinocchio (one of my favorite parts)

I absolutely love the Lion King part in Florida's, through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom