DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

G00fyDad

Funny, that's what I thought we just did. Silly me! It's just that my opinion is not the same as yours so you don't want to see it?

Funny. That's a nice try. Don't come at me smacking at me for my opinion telling me to not fight to prevent something when all I did was give my opinion. I wasn't fighting, arguing, or acting like a jerk. That was you. I can see where you might get confused there. If they want Cars....fine. I don't and that is fine too. Crawl back under your rock and stop trying to start an argument between others where an argument OBVIOUSLY doesn't exist. Thanks.

HauntedMansionFLA

Is a boat ride still possible?
I would wait till an official announcement from Disney that gives more details about the land. The D23 announcement said two new rides along with the Star Tours attraction would be in the new land along with dining and retail opportunities. Nothing about the boat ride. But they could have re thought the land. Who knows.

Pam Hates Penguins

"We really need to do this because Disneyland needs to have an attraction based on characters that children today are growing up with. We need a mythology that really touches people's heart, like Walt used to do."- Tony Baxter, when pitching the concept of a Star Wars attraction 30 years ago.

I consider Star Wars's darkness to be inconsistent with "The Happiest Place On Earth."

Kate F

I get that Star Wars is extremely popular and profitable, but I really don't think it needs a whole land in DL. Why can it not just be a Florida thing? I know there have been plenty of comments stating that "Oh, they will make sure it will blend in with the rest of Disneyland" but no matter what they do, I just feel like it's going to stick out like a sore thumb. I also agree that it seems wrong to tamper with the Rivers of America. And personally, while I like it, I am starting to get a bit tired of seeing Star Wars everywhere (which I will obviously need to get over), and I can't say I agree with the notion that "You can never have too much Star Wars". Yes you can.

Rteetz

This is just an opinon, but now WDWs version is gonna seem like a clone of Disneylands because Disneyland is getting SWL first. Even though I feel like SWL was designed for DHS. Not Disneyland
I thought they were being built simultaneously? Why would Disneyland get it first?

MagicHappens1971

I thought they were being built simultaneously? Why would Disneyland get it first?
Disneyland is already starting to clear land for SWL. And I thought the general consensus was that TSL would be done before SWL, and if Disneyland already starting preparing for construction, wouldn't it be done there first? I made my comment based on what I've read in this thread & the TSL thread

Rteetz

Disneyland is already starting to clear land for SWL. And I thought the general consensus was that TSL would be done before SWL, and if Disneyland already starting preparing for construction, wouldn't it be done there first? I made my comment based on what I've read in this thread & the TSL thread
Doesn't Disneyland's require a little more prep work though? As far as I've read both are supposed to open in 2019. I've gotten most of my info from these threads as well. If Disneylands does open first it's not like it's going to be very far ahead of DHS's Star Wars land maybe by months but no years.

MagicHappens1971

Doesn't Disneyland's require a little more prep work though? As far as I've read both are supposed to open in 2019. I've gotten most of my info from these threads as well. If Disneylands does open first it's not like it's going to be very far ahead of DHS's Star Wars land maybe by months but no years.
Oh maybe I remember it wrong. I thought TSL was rumored for 2018/2019, and SWL was 2020/2021. Also isn't part of SWL being built on the current parking lot? So wouldn't that mean they'd have the build the new parking lot/garage first, and than start construction on SWL?

Rteetz

Oh maybe I remember it wrong. I thought TSL was rumored for 2018/2019, and SWL was 2020/2021. Also isn't part of SWL being built on the current parking lot? So wouldn't that mean they'd have the build the new parking lot/garage first, and than start construction on SWL?
Last I heard toy story late 2017 early 2018 Star Wars 2019. Yes SWL is supposed to be going on some of the current parking lot. One garage is supposed to be ready for toy story then the other ready by Star Wars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom