DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Next Big Thing

Disney Junior theatre might survive - the show will not.
I'm perfectly fine with that. I'd actually love to see them maybe try to expand the theatre to make it bigger and into a real theatre. Sort of like Hyperion Theatre at DCA, which has a huge capacity and is able to produce a Broadway scale show.

HauntedMansionFLA

I'm perfectly fine with that. I'd actually love to see them maybe try to expand the theatre to make it bigger and into a real theatre. Sort of like Hyperion Theatre at DCA, which has a huge capacity and is able to produce a Broadway scale show.
A Mary Poppins show would be nice. Grandparents, parents and kids know the music (for the most part) and it would have a wide appeal.

SirLink

To be sure... don't let the fact that it is held in a theater, is a show and isn't a ride fool you into thinking differently. Who would be foolish enough to think of it as a theater show, I mean really!

Theatre shows are shows that are compromised of primarily of live performers. Muppets is a 3D show. A variety of different show types in both tech and daily capacity/operational issues: 3D, Stage, Stunt. Just like all rides aren't omnimovers.

Goofyernmost

Theatre shows are shows that are compromised of primarily of live performers. Muppets is a 3D show. A variety of different show types in both tech and daily capacity/operational issues: 3D, Stage, Stunt. Just like all rides aren't omnimovers.
Actually it is a 4D theater show. It has a 3D movie, animatronic characters and even live costumed performers with other effects as well. Just like all rides aren't omnimovers, all theater shows aren't Shakespeare.

Next Big Thing

Agreed on this point. Calling MuppetVision 3D a "theatre show" is like calling The Force Awakens a theatre show.

SirLink

Actually it is a 4D theater show. It has a 3D movie, animatronic characters and even live costumed performers with other effects as well. Just like all rides aren't omnimovers, all theater shows aren't Shakespeare.

Yes and the majority of the action comes from characters audio and visual on screen. A 3D show though. 3 stage shows remain in DHS and a stunt show. By the end of days there will be one stage show. We might be lucky and get the Pirates stage show.

Goofyernmost

Yes and the majority of the action comes from characters audio and visual on screen. A 3D show though. 3 stage shows remain in DHS and a stunt show. By the end of days there will be one stage show. We might be lucky and get the Pirates stage show.
I didn't say it was a "stage" show, I said it was a theater show. To me that is a big difference and can legitimately be called a theater show. So that means that people calling it a theater show are not wrong. Stage shows are primarily done on a stage, be it a play or a display, but, they do not have to be in a theater. Movies kinda do have to be in one if you want to be able to see it during the day. However, let's call a truce on this one, not worth the cyberspace to argue over.
th

An Indy flume ride probably won't happen, but I just think it would be a pretty neat idea. The stunt show I understand is still attracting visitors to the park but I just think it's time for it to retire...yes I've seen the show 3 times, visiting WDW when I was younger. It's a cool show, but if your a indy fan what would you enjoy more a top of the line e-ticket attraction or still continue seeing the stunt show for 4-5 more years or more? Indiana Jones is a good franchise, other than Star Wars which is number 1...George did a fantastic job with IJ. Please if the stunt show leaves, their are some options what you can do with this franchise. IJESS is mainly based on Raiders of the lost ark am I correct? We have'nt seen any scenes from The Last Crusade, Temple of Doom, or even Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...if you can throw scenes from all the other 3 films and base it on a newer IJ attraction if it is a water ride at DHS I'm all up for it. You enter a temple, maybe see a boulder come at you, snakes of course would have to be featured...yes it would have to be a thrilling flume ride, darts, animatronics, maybe Sean Connery from TLC? I just think their are so many possibilities you can do with IJ if his show does indeed leave. Even if he has to be in another section of DHS>

Magenta Panther

A Mary Poppins show would be nice. Grandparents, parents and kids know the music (for the most part) and it would have a wide appeal.

It would also be ABOUT FRICKIN' TIME we had SOMETHING substantive regarding Mary Poppins in the parks. But of course that won't happen. Sure, Poppins got great box office and won numerous awards, but that didn't happen during Iger's tenure, so who cares?

Magenta Panther

Saving Mr. Banks got made under his watch though.

True, but I think that happened because the original screenplay wasn't flattering to Walt (and riddled with inaccuracies, the usual B.S., as I understand it), so Disney thought it HAD to be the one to make the film, rather than letting some other studio make it and do a hatchet job on the company's founder. I suspect the film was green-lighted as an act of self-protection. After all, Walt is now as much a symbol of the company as Mickey. So while I appreciate that the film got made - and that it was as good as it was (and much kinder to P.L. Travers than she deserved IMO), I don't think it deflects from Iger's seeming disdain for genuine Disney creations, particularly the classics. I mean, look at the Mine Train - budget cuts all over the place - and Mermaid too. Even Frozen's been shortchanged stateside. Isn't it a shame that it took the Star Wars film's near-billion-dollar box-office take to motivate Iger and Company to stop cheaping out on attractions and actually TRY to build something remarkable again? Does that make you sad? It makes me sad.

SirLink

It would also be ABOUT FRICKIN' TIME we had SOMETHING substantive regarding Mary Poppins in the parks. But of course that won't happen. Sure, Poppins got great box office and won numerous awards, but that didn't happen during Iger's tenure, so who cares?

It didn't even happen under Walts brother tenure when they had designed a Mary Poppins attraction for Fantasyland, but ya know there will never be a strong Mary Poppins presence in the parks. You do realise that?

doctornick

DHS needs a major stage show along the lines of what Aladdin was at DCA or what Nemo is at AK. I agree with other posters. Mary Poppins would be a good choice especially if they took a lot of inspiration from the Broadway production and brought that into the show!

There was talk of enclosing the Theater of the Stars (BatB theater) and adding a higher scale performance.

I do like the talk of bringing the Pirates stunt show to DHS. Would be a fresh show for the park but still harken to the production aspects of the park's history.

dizda

DHS needs a major stage show along the lines of what Aladdin was at DCA or what Nemo is at AK. I agree with other posters. Mary Poppins would be a good choice especially if they took a lot of inspiration from the Broadway production and brought that into the show!
With Aladdin closed at DCA, I can imagine Disney staging it at DHS. Recycling the show would be cheaper than developing a new production, and would give DHS something new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom