DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There was a permit filed today for a new Fireworks Launch area for DHS (I have created a thread specifically for that), but in the permit document I found this map. You can see Toy Story Playland marked on it, which is where we thought it would be, but what interested me was the building extending out into the Television Lot which doesn't currently exist.

View attachment 121490

View attachment 121491

After a little digging it appears that this is something that was removed. Here is a picture from 2003.

Capture.JPG

*Q*

I don't think it is because nothing else in the corner of the park is different on the map. It's possible that this was something planned that never happened.
Yeah, hopefully this doesn't mean that Star Wars Land won't be extending out into the parking lot instead of replacing Echo Lake.

Chris82

So it is going to be called "Toy Story Playland" like Hong Kong and Paris, rather than just "Toy Story Land?" Not that it's a big deal or anything, although part of me likes "Playland" a little better, as it sounds less generic. The other part of me thinks it sounds a bit like a McDonald's Playplace.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So it is going to be called "Toy Story Playland" like Hong Kong and Paris, rather than just "Toy Story Land?" Not that it's a big deal or anything, although part of me likes "Playland" a little better, as it sounds less generic. The other part of me thinks it sounds a bit like a McDonald's Playplace.

It could just be a working name.

There was a permit filed today for a new Fireworks Launch area for DHS (I have created a thread specifically for that), but in the permit document I found this map. You can see Toy Story Playland marked on it, which is where we thought it would be, but what interested me was the building extending out into the Television Lot which doesn't currently exist.

View attachment 121490

View attachment 121491

what about the Indiana jones stunt spectacular and the muppets? Even Cars? Should'nt those 3 things be talked about when Star Wars Land starts construction in January 2016? Redsoxno1fan is saying late 2016 for some strange reason, which one is more likely?
also this is to redsoxfanno1 that their is no mention of what the future may hold for Indiana jones and Muppets-I just love Kermit and Miss Piggy their such a big part of WDW to me but what if they both happen to leave and never come back again?...which concerns me because I thought the two franchises always had a place in Disney's heart. Not to ignore Star Wars, but what I've been trying to tell you guys Disney owns Indy now too...so a standalone new IJ attraction would kind of make sense along with SWL even if it's just one single Indy attraction to make presence. I don't think Toy Story should just be Pixar's main focus....why not add Cars along with it? Incredibles? Yes Monsters Inc too!

http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/rumors/2014/08/11/star-wars-land-in-development-for-hollywood-studios

Chef Kronk

what about the Indiana jones stunt spectacular and the muppets? Even Cars? Should'nt those 3 things be talked about when Star Wars Land starts construction in January 2016? Redsoxno1fan is saying late 2016 for some strange reason, which one is more likely?
also this is to redsoxfanno1 that their is no mention of what the future may hold for Indiana jones and Muppets-I just love Kermit and Miss Piggy their such a big part of WDW to me but what if they both happen to leave and never come back again?...which concerns me because I thought the two franchises always had a place in Disney's heart. Not to ignore Star Wars, but what I've been trying to tell you guys Disney owns Indy now too...so a standalone new IJ attraction would kind of make sense along with SWL even if it's just one single Indy attraction to make presence. I don't think Toy Story should just be Pixar's main focus....why not add Cars along with it? Incredibles? Yes Monsters Inc too!

http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/rumors/2014/08/11/star-wars-land-in-development-for-hollywood-studios

Indiana Jones is pretty much toast. Muppets likely to be safe, but it looks like the show will get an update of some kind. And I don't know if Cars is at the top of the list as a Phase 3 any longer. A few people on here may know.

French Quarter

A good chunk of what you posted is obviously incorrect as it eludes to things happenings on dates that have already passed...

Don't know if it's right or wrong (although much of this has been tossed around here too) but I don't know what you mean. Looking quickly back through, the only date that has past is the September date for the closure of The Little Mermaid.

RSoxNo1

Don't know if it's right or wrong (although much of this has been tossed around here too) but I don't know what you mean. Looking quickly back through, the only date that has past is the September date for the closure of The Little Mermaid.

To be fair, it does say "rumoured" not announced.

FYI, the posts have been updated. If there are any inaccuracies, please let me know.

Message for RSoxNo1....your website under the Disney Hollywood studios tumors does not list a newer Indiana jones attraction replacing the epic stunt spectacular if it leaves...does this mean Star Wars land will take over Indy; and this is the last we will see from Dr. Henry Jones? I see on the actual DHS permits when the park will start doing its major changes does mark an area in green that the Indy stunt spectacular will go, along with LMA...I didn't however see the muppets show in any color.,so is that safe? Lol just think of Indy's gone for good the only actual presence we will see if from TGMR.

Steel City Magic

Don't get me started how they dropped the ball on lucasland, hensonland and pixarland as the 3 new lands off the Hollywood strip in a new dhs ...

dstrawn9889

Message for RSoxNo1....your website under the Disney Hollywood studios tumors does not list a newer Indiana jones attraction replacing the epic stunt spectacular if it leaves...does this mean Star Wars land will take over Indy; and this is the last we will see from Dr. Henry Jones? I see on the actual DHS permits when the park will start doing its major changes does mark an area in green that the Indy stunt spectacular will go, along with LMA...I didn't however see the muppets show in any color.,so is that safe? Lol just think of Indy's gone for good the only actual presence we will see if from TGMR.
what permits are you referring to? the only one as of this time IIRC is the watershed for the district, and that only shows where stormwater from that area is moving to a different basin

dreamscometrue

From Micechat, re DL SW Land...

"...the actual construction phase of Star Wars Land will begin, and that program has been code named “Atlantis” by WDI. (Greek scholars will appreciate the Imagineers coded references here.)

When the construction phase of Atlantis begins later in 2016, the biggest warehouse, or “show building” in Disneyspeak, will be found in the northwest corner of the new land and will eventually block the views of Mickey & Friends. That building will be the home to the Stormtrooper chase and escape ride, code named “Alcatraz” at WDI, that will feature autonomous trackless vehicles and nearly every other techno marvel WDI can throw at it.(emphasis added) The second largest building will be on the northern perimeter and will contain the Millennium Falcon flight attraction, which is code named “Big Bird”. These massive show buildings should begin to be framed in by early 2017, with a projected opening date that’s now pegged for Spring, 2019."

I like the bolded, italicized line. :) Also, does anyone know if the rumored DL spring 2019 opening is the expected date for WDW? Can we assume that they will aim to open them at the same time, or is that not part of the plan (as was the case with TSMM and Little Mermaid attractions at DCA and MK)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom