DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

ToTBellHop

So, back on the topic of the DHS redo....

It seems the new vibe is that things are getting "accelerated" and we'll see work for TSL start soon and mass closures and construction after the new year. Would it be reasonable to expect all three "phases" to be done by 2020 or so?
Yes, it would. Although it might be safer to say IN 2020 rather than BY 2020.

DisneyManOne

It will be an outstanding theme park by 2020 with tons of fresh attractions.
  1. Great Movie Ride
  2. RnRC
  3. Tower of Terror
  4. Fantasmic and new daytime show down there
  5. New show replacing BatB
  6. Disney Junior
  7. Replacement for Star Wars Launch Bay
  8. New show replacing Mermaid
  9. Expanded Midway Mania
  10. Slink Dog
  11. Alien version of Mater
  12. Luigi's from DCA likely
  13. E ticket Cars darkride likely
  14. Star Wars E Ticket 1
  15. Star Wars E Ticket 2
  16. Star Tours
  17. I presume Frozen stays and
  18. Jedi Training Academy moves to Sounds Dangerous
  19. new dining galore
  20. new shops galore
  21. new streetmosphere in a park that already has strong streetmosphere
  22. Shows at Center Stage

And possibly more in the early 2020s.

An excellent theme park.

Center Stage is no longer there, man.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, does anyone else feel like Great Movie Ride needs an update? Face it...there are so many films in there people hardly know, namely Footlight Parade, Public Enemy, The Searchers, A Fistful of Dollars and Tarzan.

We really need to see new movies in the ride. Unfortunately, given the ride's current sponsor is Turner Classic Movies, I don't think that'll happen.

But still, it needs an update. Replace Public Enemy with The Godfather, do some modern-day Westerns replacing the old Westerns, maybe add on to the sci-fi section, replace Tarzan and put in an extended horror or romance section. And get rid of that unneeded Robert Osborne narration.

ToTBellHop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, does anyone else feel like Great Movie Ride needs an update? Face it...there are so many films in there people hardly know, namely Footlight Parade, Public Enemy, The Searchers, A Fistful of Dollars and Tarzan.

We really need to see new movies in the ride. Unfortunately, given the ride's current sponsor is Turner Classic Movies, I don't think that'll happen.

But still, it needs an update. Replace Public Enemy with The Godfather, do some modern-day Westerns replacing the old Westerns, maybe add on to the sci-fi section, replace Tarzan and put in an extended horror or romance section. And get rid of that unneeded Robert Osborne narration.
Center Stage is new. It's the name of the park's hub, where a permanent stage will soon be erected.

Goofyernmost

I believe the whole idea behind the Great Movie Ride was to showcase movies from the great Hollywood eras of the late 30's and 40's. It's so they don't get forgotten and they did add some newer ones for recognition. They were the greats of the Hollywood the never was and always will be.

DisneyManOne

You want to replace PE with Grandmaster Flash? I guess that's okay since he basically pioneered modern hip hop DJ-ing, scratching and such... Plus being the first Hip Hop artist in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame he really was The Godfather...

*1023*

...no. I was referring to the 1972 film masterpiece The Godfather. Directed by Francis Ford Coppola, starring Marlon Brando as Don Corleone, Al Pacino and James Caan as his sons, won the Academy Award for Best Picture...Surely you know this film.

DisneyManOne

I was thinking of something along the lines of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Dances with Wolves. Just replace the first half of the Western town with a Western desert, and you've got an area that can serve both films.

And I actually do like the idea of Blazing Saddles. Just give the town new signs so that it looks more like Rock Ridge, replace the bank robbery with the fight scene (with no animatronics; all live actors) and give the cowboy hijacker some new lines and boom! We got a new cowboy switch.

dstrawn9889

I was thinking of something along the lines of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Dances with Wolves. Just replace the first half of the Western town with a Western desert, and you've got an area that can serve both films.

And I actually do like the idea of Blazing Saddles. Just give the town new signs so that it looks more like Rock Ridge, replace the bank robbery with the fight scene (with no animatronics; all live actors) and give the cowboy hijacker some new lines and boom! We got a new cowboy switch.
Mongo only pawn... in game of life.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
You want to replace PE with Grandmaster Flash? I guess that's okay since he basically pioneered modern hip hop DJ-ing, scratching and such... Plus being the first Hip Hop artist in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame he really was The Godfather...

*1023*
NO no no .... Now I love some PE and "It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back" but there was only one Godfather and his name was James Brown. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom