DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

cba

Because most people don't visit both resorts.
Yeah, I guess it does makes sense for them to do it. Just something I personally wish were not to happen, especially because DHA's Star War Land is supposed to be larger in scope than DL's.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
What are the prevailing rumors for IP's that will go into the daytime Fantasmic theater show? People here were speculating that Tangled would be a good fit, but that was also once rumored to replace Beauty and the Beast. Obviously, the same show won't be in both theaters, but I don't think there's been much said about what the other new show would/could be.

What I'm driving at is: could it be Indy? There's a lot of room behind the Beauty and the Beast theater for large props.

Okay.... about Indy. Its very very very very unlikely its coming. I simply figured out why people think that it is.

I have no idea whats going on with fantasmic.

Brer Panther

Eh. I actually hope if that's true, that it doesn't come to Florida. I would want to see something new and original come to DHA, not another clone. Why even come to Star Wars Land at DHA in the first place if the headliner attraction is the exact same thing you'd get in Anaheim?
It seems kind of unfair that Disneyland gets a cool attraction like that and we don't.

Because most people don't visit both resorts.
Yeah, pretty much this.

matt9112

No, one has nothing to do with the other. It was simply a statement that no one is going to WDW for a single day and spending it at DHS. I can see it happening at ANY of the other three parks. MK - obvious reasons. Epcot - 'learning', drinking, great food, etc. DAK - animal/zoo lovers. DHS - theres nothing that would make me spend $100 on a ticket for my only day at WDW to be at DHS. And I'm a SW fanatic.

Sad to see the studios as it is since TOT is the only ride on property that still makes me anxious and my stomach drop waiting in line.
Side note: TOT is the only drop tower like ride I will go on I have never been on any traditionAL drop towers and never will be.

Kamikaze

Sad to see the studios as it is since TOT is the only ride on property that still makes me anxious and my stomach drop waiting in line.
Side note: TOT is the only drop tower like ride I will go on I have never been on any traditionAL drop towers and never will be.

Not only is ToT my favorite Disney attraction, I would say DHS' ToT was the last attraction that can be classified as an all time classic. Last as in newest, not final - meaning nothing since can really be called that, with the possible exception of Soarin.

matt9112

Not only is ToT my favorite Disney attraction, I would say DHS' ToT was the last attraction that can be classified as an all time classic. Last as in newest, not final - meaning nothing since can really be called that, with the possible exception of Soarin.

Soaring was definitely ground breaking and is very neat when you know it was all in house for the seat lift assembly. But nowhere on TOT scale effort wise....I really think RRC was well done. Sure it's an off the shelf coaster enclosed but the que is quite well done and the little pre show was really cool. Sadly it looses points for cheeky decoration inside the fishbowl portion. Granted I don't blame disney for that and I find it acceptable. I think dwarfs will be a classic even with all the grief it has gotten. Still a wonderful show scene wrapped in a kiddie coaster with a subtle unique twist.

Kamikaze

Soaring was definitely ground breaking and is very neat when you know it was all in house for the seat lift assembly. But nowhere on TOT scale effort wise....I really think RRC was well done. Sure it's an off the shelf coaster enclosed but the que is quite well done and the little pre show was really cool. Sadly it looses points for cheeky decoration inside the fishbowl portion. Granted I don't blame disney for that and I find it acceptable. I think dwarfs will be a classic even with all the grief it has gotten. Still a wonderful show scene wrapped in a kiddie coaster with a subtle unique twist.

Theres levels of difference between good, great, and classic attractions. RnRC is a good attraction. I haven't been on SDMT, so I can't say what that is.

Its kind of like professional athletes. There are good players, great players, and Hall of Famers. ToT is a Hall of Famer.

Fox&Hound

I don't see Tangled coming to Hollywood Studios/Adventure since the new Tangled show is coming to the Disney cruise lines. Would they rob the experience of the cruise to put another Tangled show at the studios? Obviously the quality would be quite different, but I don't see this coming true (sadly).

peter11435

I don't see Tangled coming to Hollywood Studios/Adventure since the new Tangled show is coming to the Disney cruise lines. Would they rob the experience of the cruise to put another Tangled show at the studios? Obviously the quality would be quite different, but I don't see this coming true (sadly).

There is an Aladdin show on the Fantasy as well as at Californa Adventure. It really wouldn't be that different. Tangled the Musical is coming to the Magic which rarely sails out of Port Canaveral anyway.

DisDan

Theres levels of difference between good, great, and classic attractions. RnRC is a good attraction. I haven't been on SDMT, so I can't say what that is.

Its kind of like professional athletes. There are good players, great players, and Hall of Famers. ToT is a Hall of Famer.
I happen to LOVE Expedition Everest and I would totally put it on the same level as TOT. Sure, the Yeti has been broke for a long time. But the attraction overall has EVERYTHING I love in an attraction. Great thrills, great themeing, and originality.

matt9112

I happen to LOVE Expedition Everest and I would totally put it on the same level as TOT. Sure, the Yeti has been broke for a long time. But the attraction overall has EVERYTHING I love in an attraction. Great thrills, great themeing, and originality.

Forgot this one...kudos..
.Granted that yeti...heading for the fjords is he?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So....3 days until D23 and not much chatter coming out yet. I was hoping we would hear a few rumbles of what people had witnessed being set up in the convention center or if anything DHS wise has been spotted. Keeping my expectations low in terms of DHS news, but it would be cool if there was something. Any word from the Bothans, @PhotoDave219 ?

planodisney

I don't know if DHS version is going to be bigger than DL or not. If you look at the map in the miceage article, the version at DL looks to be pretty huge. If they include Toontown, which I'm not sure they will, then it would be massive.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
So....3 days until D23 and not much chatter coming out yet. I was hoping we would hear a few rumbles of what people had witnessed being set up in the convention center or if anything DHS wise has been spotted. Keeping my expectations low in terms of DHS news, but it would be cool if there was something. Any word from the Bothans, @PhotoDave219 ?

Lying really low. Im tempering my expectations.

Kamikaze

Decent thrills. Great theming. Originality? Not really.
To be fair on the 'thrills' - I've been on all of the top 10 of last years 'best' roller coasters (not in the same year - I've just done them all at one point). But I didn't go to WDW for thrills. The immersive experience is what its about.

The Anaheim Convention Center is unbelievably huge. It is very easy for them to stop people from seeing whats going on inside until the convention opens, and they are very used to doing so.

dizneycrazy09

Lying really low. Im tempering my expectations.

At this point, I whole-heartedly believe that even a minimal announcement regarding DHS at D23 would be a HUGE PR nightmare for the company. With the state of the park widely discussed not just on the message boards but also in the mainstream media, how could they afford to ignore the elephant in the room? Regardless of whether or not they WANT to announce anything of substance this weekend, I feel like that really don't have a choice, at least from a business standpoint. They really need to get out in front of this story; it seems to already be getting away from them. Without announcing anything of substance, I think they're going to be doing real damage, and perhaps diminishing the overall effect when they finally do announce something of substance regardless of the grandeur sounding it.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
At this point, I whole-heartedly believe that even a minimal announcement regarding DHS at D23 would be a HUGE PR nightmare for the company. With the state of the park widely discussed not just on the message boards but also in the mainstream media, how could they afford to ignore the elephant in the room? Regardless of whether or not they WANT to announce anything of substance this weekend, I feel like that really don't have a choice, at least from a business standpoint. They really need to get out in front of this story; it seems to already be getting away from them. Without announcing anything of substance, I think they're going to be doing real damage, and perhaps diminishing the overall effect when they finally do announce something of substance regardless of the grandeur sounding it.

The powers that be seem to subscribe to the Axl Rose mentality of "making them wait" so the crowds will love whatever is put out there. I don't feel thats a good way to get your audience hyped up, IMO.

(Feel free to photoshop Axl Rose and Tom Staggs, really)

They can ignore it as long as they want to. IMO. Its what they did in the past.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Decent thrills. Great theming. Originality? Not really.
To be fair on the 'thrills' - I've been on all of the top 10 of last years 'best' roller coasters (not in the same year - I've just done them all at one point). But I didn't go to WDW for thrills. The immersive experience is what its about.

The Anaheim Convention Center is unbelievably huge. It is very easy for them to stop people from seeing whats going on inside until the convention opens, and they are very used to doing so.

I believe he is referring to people who are setting things up. Displays and the whatnot. Sometimes they talk but not in this case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom