DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The name of the park is going to be 'Disney Hollywood Adventure'. For the 'lands'? This is more of a guess, but I would think more along the lines of 'Pixar Studios', 'Lucasfilm Studios', and either leaving it as Sunset Boulevard or taking the name from where ToT is in DCA and call it 'Hollywood Land'.

Although that name seems likely at this point it is just a rumor.

Matt_Black

They are pulling Aerosmith and replacing them with the Foo Fighters! That's not true of course, just wishful thinking.

Actually, I was thinking that if they ever needed to slot a new band in there, FF would be the best choice. Of the younger (relatively speaking) bands that are close to Aerosmith's level, FF are probably have the best selection of songs that could be used in WDW.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
I am not defending DHS and its current state. However, we will be in the parks 7 days the first week of August. The day that is most filled is the DHS day. Of course, this is caused by a bunch of cheaply produced Frozen events, but I have a 6 year old daughter. So, the Frozen stuff is somewhat anticipated for our family.

Ok, I feel the need to follow up on my prior post. The day at DHS was a complete fail. The Frozen shows and events had even less substance than I thought. My daughter didn't even enjoy them. We did the premium package, and it was a waste of money. My wife's quote, "the desserts were comparable to the desserts at Chef Mickey's." The worst part of the premium package is that you are sorta stuck in the park. Your first reserved event is for the first parade and then the dessert party is at the end of a day. The kids had nothing to do after 3PM. Needless to say, the kids got bored.

Back to the makeover, I really wish they would just shut down the park and do this in one shot. There is only so long you can operate with superficial "special" events and expect people to show up. Until this makeover is done, DHS will be a 3 hour park for us (not even a half day).

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Ok, I feel the need to follow up on my prior post. The day at DHS was a complete fail. The Frozen shows and events had even less substance than I thought. My daughter didn't even enjoy them. We did the premium package, and it was a waste of money. My wife's quote, "the desserts were comparable to the desserts at Chef Mickey's." The worst part of the premium package is that you are sorta stuck in the park. Your first reserved event is for the first parade and then the dessert party is at the end of a day. The kids had nothing to do after 3PM. Needless to say, the kids got bored.

Back to the makeover, I really wish they would just shut down the park and do this in one shot. There is only so long you can operate with superficial "special" events and expect people to show up. Until this makeover is done, DHS will be a 3 hour park for us (not even a half day).

I'm very sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

Goofyernmost

I know I'm in the minority but I actually love the name Hollywood Adventure, does anyone know anything about RockNRollercoaster getting rethemed? I don't see how it'll fit

Why wouldn't it fit? They have recording studios in Hollywood.
Not to mention that the story line is about getting to an Aerosmith concert in LA. Can't think of a more direct connection to Hollywood then that.

I guess Hollywood Adventure would be OK, but, I sure do wish they could do better, name wise!

xcorey21

My goal is for them to hire a band for a Vegas style residency for 3-4 nights at the Hollywood Hills and have the coaster themed to that band. I know this will never happen but it would be unique

TP2000

Not to mention that the story line is about getting to an Aerosmith concert in LA. Can't think of a more direct connection to Hollywood then that.

No kidding. With onboard audio that has the radio DJ for "LA's rock station" say "Hello Los Angeles!" before you launch, and then you pass all sorts of LA references as you travel on clearly signed versions of the Golden State Freeway and Hollywood Freeway before you veer into "Beverly Hills" and then literally do a barrel roll right through the Hollywood sign.

Aside from Tower of Terror, and the long-gone Superstar Limo dark ride, I can't think of any Disney attraction that does more to hit you over the head with the theme that you are in Los Angeles.

misterID

They opened the park with just three real attractions, GMR, INDY, and BLT. And a film featuring Michael Eisner. I'm not kidding. Yeah, its par for the course. They're not shutting down the park and they don't feel the least bit bad about taking your money. I know what you're saying, but the park has been a mess since it opened.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Thanks Dave. Overall, we had a great trip. Just DHS was a pooper. We learned some good lessons on this trip.

As we've all observed, the only reason people are going to DHS is for Frozen. Sadly, its not enough to hold someone for the entire day.

By the time this is done, I hope all of our Wildest Star Wars (and Pixar) dreams come true.

Bairstow

No kidding. With onboard audio that has the radio DJ for "LA's rock station" say "Hello Los Angeles!" before you launch, and then you pass all sorts of LA references as you travel on clearly signed versions of the Golden State Freeway and Hollywood Freeway before you veer into "Beverly Hills" and then literally do a barrel roll right through the Hollywood sign.

Aside from Tower of Terror, and the long-gone Superstar Limo dark ride, I can't think of any Disney attraction that does more to hit you over the head with the theme that you are in Los Angeles.

Rock-n makes decent thematic sense on its terms, but sometimes I wish there had been a way for it to maintain the 1940's setting of the rest of Sunset Boulevard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom