DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

planodisney

You guys are talking about individual rides. I'm talking about a new land on the level of Carsland or Pandora.
What is the timeline on Pandora and how long did it take Carsland in its entirety, and I believe Carsland required no demolishin.

planodisney

So it looks like Pandora will be a bit over 3 years from the date of breaking ground, and Carsland was a month under 3 years with, as I said, no demolishin required.
I think 3 years from now for a Star Wars Land isn't realistic. I would think Spring 2019 at the earliest with whatever else they have planned for the transformation finished before that.

Kamikaze

You guys are talking about individual rides. I'm talking about a new land on the level of Carsland or Pandora.
What is the timeline on Pandora and how long did it take Carsland in its entirety, and I believe Carsland required no demolishin.

Avatarland was announced in 2011. Ground was broken in 2014. First ride is supposed to open early 2017, second one in 2018. They announced it early because of Potter, but the garbage subject matter is the biggest hurdle.

xcorey21

Oh and another thing I heard was during one of my training classes, the trainer said the new name has something to do with SW related (not sure how that would work, maybe she meant the official name for Star Wars Land?)

Kamikaze

Oh and another thing I heard was during one of my training classes, the trainer said the new name has something to do with SW related (not sure how that would work, maybe she meant the official name for Star Wars Land?)

The name of the park is going to be 'Disney Hollywood Adventure'. For the 'lands'? This is more of a guess, but I would think more along the lines of 'Pixar Studios', 'Lucasfilm Studios', and either leaving it as Sunset Boulevard or taking the name from where ToT is in DCA and call it 'Hollywood Land'.

xcorey21

The name of the park is going to be 'Disney Hollywood Adventure'. For the 'lands'? This is more of a guess, but I would think more along the lines of 'Pixar Studios', 'Lucasfilm Studios', and either leaving it as Sunset Boulevard or taking the name from where ToT is in DCA and call it 'Hollywood Land'.

I know I'm in the minority but I actually love the name Hollywood Adventure, does anyone know anything about RockNRollercoaster getting rethemed? I don't see how it'll fit

MagicGoofy

Avatarland was announced in 2011. Ground was broken in 2014. First ride is supposed to open early 2017, second one in 2018. They announced it early because of Potter, but the garbage subject matter is the biggest hurdle.
That was not confirmed anywhere that the second ride wouldn't be completed until 2018, the only thing we know is that 'early 2017' will be the opening of the land, we have no confirmation wheather the second ride will open up a year later or even a few months later. It could even open with the rest of the area with 2017 being a year and half out.

Kamikaze

I know I'm in the minority but I actually love the name Hollywood Adventure, does anyone know anything about RockNRollercoaster getting rethemed? I don't see how it'll fit

Why wouldn't it fit? They have recording studios in Hollywood.

nope opening all at once

They haven't even started building the boat ride yet. It isn't opening in (early) 2017. Heck, it was barely a month ago that we got confirmation that it was still happening.

MagicGoofy

Why wouldn't it fit? They have recording studios in Hollywood.

They haven't even started building the boat ride yet. It isn't opening in (early) 2017. Heck, it was barely a month ago that we got confirmation that it was still happening.

You should go to the Avatar Land threads, Construction is WELL over way and a few constitution pics came out late last night showing how far the mountains are, they also have already done the concrete pad for the area where the water ride would go, it has been done for months now.

Kamikaze

You should go to the Avatar Land threads, Construction is WELL over way and a few constitution pics came out late last night showing how far the mountains are, they also have already done the concrete pad for the area where the water ride would go, eithe has been done for months now.

Construction on the theming and the banshee ride building, yes. This is a DHS thread, though. I actually have zero interest in Avatar so I don't care if it opened tomorrow.

captainmoch

I don't mind it. It makes sense in the sense that these are some of Hollywood's best and most iconic worlds, and you can have an adventure in them yourself, or whatever.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Construction on the theming and the banshee ride building, yes. This is a DHS thread, though. I actually have zero interest in Avatar so I don't care if it opened tomorrow.

Boat ride....

Capture.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom