DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

wdwgreek

It sort of looks like Star Wars Land isn't going to be in the Echo Lake area after all?

While it might make sense to us armchair Imagineers to assume that Disney is going to try to minimize thematic interruptions by locating Star Wars Land near Star Tours and not letting Muppets interrupt the thematic cohesion, I think that's not a safe assumption - consider where they're putting Star Wars Land in California, after all. If Star Wars Land is going in and behind Streets of America, the safer assumption is that Muppets is going to get bulldozed, too - they'll just wait until the last possible moment to do that.
I love Muppets so this breaks my heart... Also the pizza planet referb is that a front of some sort, the work being indicates to me they are still going to make use of the existing structures, and its reopening this year supports the idea the area is safe. But maybe its laying the foundations for a future star wars land restraunt

SYRIK2000

WAIT I just though of how this could work. Star Tours becomes a terminal, through which star tours brings you to this planet you exit throw a new passageway and enter the port that makes up the location of Star Wars Land. It would connect sta to the pelf land they are clearing out now.
Still a gift shop though, right?

dizneycrazy09

Do any of our insiders have confirmation as to where Star Wars is being plopped? @marni1971 do you still stand by your rendering from a few months ago that Star Wars will be towards Echo Lake? I'm having a hard time trying to wrap my head around how Star Wars can end up in the back of the park without saying adios to The Muppets.

or maybe it's the simpler answer is that Muppets is indeed as dead as the rebooted show is about to be.

Mike S

It's gonna be weird having the Studios without the Earful Tower...

What's going to be the park icon now? Tower of Terror?
Nearly everywhere I looked last weekend it's already treated as the icon. If the Earfful Tower is being removed my choice of icon would've been the Chinese Theater but whatever.

ETA: I sure hope @marni1971's Indiana Jones tease actually means something substantial :D

Figment2005

IMG_20160115_155140.jpg
IMG_20160115_155217.jpg
I didn't notice any obvious work, bit didn't want to leave you empty handed.

SirLink

Backlot tour closed something like 18 months ago. That's plenty of time to have built a new costuming facility. They should in theory be able to demolished that whole area of the park come April.

Less than 16 months since it was closed. As I understood it was more a political move to close it so early, in order to demonstrate the park needed serious funding Burbank.

My understanding and this was back in October that don't expect construction to start on TSL / SW this year. Any construction on new lands/rides will begin early 2017.

ToTBellHop

Do any of our insiders have confirmation as to where Star Wars is being plopped? @marni1971 do you still stand by your rendering from a few months ago that Star Wars will be towards Echo Lake? I'm having a hard time trying to wrap my head around how Star Wars can end up in the back of the park without saying adios to The Muppets.

or maybe it's the simpler answer is that Muppets is indeed as dead as the rebooted show is about to be.
As of a couple months ago when I last heard, Muppets stay and Star Wars extends west, east, and north of Star Tours into the parking lot. 50s would stay.

doctornick

I gather these closures are for a large staging area for both TSL and Star Wars and whatever changes are coming. During that process, Stage 3 (additional Pixar content) will be used on the soon to close SoA/LMA/onld Catastrophe Canyon area.

By they time they are starting to build Stage 3, I would imaging that the current access road/toll plaza to the parking lot for guests will have shifted to the new planned entrance road off of Victory Lane. Then they can use the land south of the current park limits for staging.

Jae99

Just came across an interesting possible layout for TSL that was created and posted in a Disney related facebook group. While some of what he shows is not what has been confirmed by some of the resident experts on this forum, I thought it was an interesting layout for TSL using the back portion of the park where LMA and BLT are located.

12473653_10153949348979916_2535094070188797992_o.jpg

spectromagic04

Just came across an interesting possible layout for TSL that was created and posted in a Disney related facebook group. While some of what he shows is not what has been confirmed by some of the resident experts on this forum, I thought it was an interesting layout for TSL using the back portion of the park where LMA and BLT are located.

I'm no insider, but I can tell you that layout is all wrong.

FigmentJedi

What if some of the SOA demolition is prepwork for them going forward with an additional Pixar area or alterations in Toy Story's footprint? I mean, most reports are still indicating Star Wars is gonna be munching parking lot

ToTBellHop

Rotate it 90 degrees with Slink Dog at the bottom.

I'm the admin in the aforementioned "Disney related facebook group" and posted this map. Came from another theme park centric website. I used it as more of an example for the masses of what the layout could be. You cannot imagine the hysteria and angst of these folks over losing LMA and the playground.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom