DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

HauntedMansionFLA

Huh. I was hoping/thinking that Phase 3 was including in the ~$2.8B in addition to TSL/SW and infrastructure. I get that Phase 4 is up in the air right now.
Disney never did make an announcement about the area where LMA is located. Someone on here said that they were close to making an announcement at the D23 but didn't have all of the details approved at that point. Hopefully with the Osborne Lights and Streets of America going away, disney will let us know.

Haymarket2008

Well, first - we are talking what, 2030 by then? LOL. So I don't think it's much of an immediate concern.

As to the amount of IP's, Star Wars can easily support an entire park of it's own, and Toy Story refuses to die, so I don't think that will be so much of an issue. It's not the MK that needs to represent so many different franchises. By then we will be looking at a 5th park, anyway.
I was very much under the impression that Phase 3 would be completed by 2021.

G WDW

Getting somewhat back on track, I've put together how I understand things as it stands at the moment. I thought it may be easier to illustrate.

This is everything I'm aware as having been looked at. I can't vouch for anything still moving forward or not. I've also been deliberately vague with the exact extent of particular areas. Nor can I really go into greater detail about some of it.

View attachment 113217

Green - phase one
Red - phase two
Yellow - phase three
Blue - phase four
Orange - changes / enhancements
Purple - infrastructure
]

What's happening with MuppetVision and Fantasmic?

TabulaRasa

So Muppetvision may now be remaining? Hopefully Fantasmic's changes make it better, it has a somewhat difficult time living up to Disneyland's original version.
It was my understanding that it was never going anywhere to begin with.

Muppetvision and the surrounding area maybe enhanced. Fantasmic should get a very big makeover.
The fact that this area may be plussed is music to my ears! It's the best part of DHS.

Kman101

I'm glad cooler heads are prevailing at it seems Echo and the Muppets are safe for the time being (I say time being ... just in case, LOL). I won't be happy they're safe until construction starts elsewhere.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
I won't even pretend to say I have contacts but I'm friends of a friend of an imagineer and I had heard right after D23 that Muppets were safe and that Pizza Planet would be rethemed to the Muppets. Hopefully the streets survival means that we're getting a Monstropolis and the streets can be a natural transition due to the scenes in Monsters Inc we saw of Mike and Sully walking to work.

Brer Panther

Hopefully the streets survival means that we're getting a Monstropolis and the streets can be a natural transition due to the scenes in Monsters Inc we saw of Mike and Sully walking to work.

I agree, Monstropolis could be cool. It'd probably fit in pretty well next to Muppets, too, since some of the monsters in the film could fit in with the Muppets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom