DHS: July 18th Update (With Pics!)

hpyhnt 1000

^ When was that? I noted there was a problem with half the tower around 6pm. I recall the shorter route was roped off in the Boiler Room.

Oh, and what are the names in order from left to right? I know there's Charlie, Foxtrot, and Echo. But its order always escape me.

In the boiler room facing the elevators, going from left to right, the names are:

Alpha .... Bravo .... Charlie .... Delta

From that point, the two main shafts where the drop sequence is are as follows:

Facing the building outside from Sunset Blvd, the shaft on the left is Echo (which services both Alpha and Bravo), with Foxtrot being on the right (which services Charlie and Delta).

Hope that all makes sense. :lol: :wave:

rct247

The park has been rented out by the McDonald's corporation for 3 nights. There is one more left. That's what the "Hot Set" stages were for (note the "Ms").

Rock n' Roller Coaster had a 20 min wait yesterday. We saw that ToT was at 60 mins around 2:00pm, but when we got off of RnRC it was really only a 20-30 min wait. With the park closing at 7:00pm, the chance of rain, no Fantasmic performances, and Magic Kingdom having Extra Magic Hours to 3am, crowds were light yesterday.

Voyage of the Little Mermaid only has Fastpass open on very busy days now... I think. Only reason they are still there is for the special birthday passes.

DrummerAlly

Great Pictures! Thanks!

Is there a chance that the monsters are invading in advance of a new monster theme coaster :lookaroun ?

elisatonks

OK, so what does McDonald's need DHS for? :shrug:

my hubby worked it last night and said it seemed to have been booked out for employees and there families to enjoy. Which doesn't suprise me as the fast food chains are mostly reporting profits. (folks are geting fast food rather than going for a sit down meal to save money.)

Monorail_Orange

Oh, and another question. For the Animation fans, they re-released The Art of The Lion King in the Gallery near Playhouse Disney, and the three-glass panel Mickey is gone.

And around the same subject, who is this guy? It's in One Man's Dream, and we were told it was one of the animators.
I know I read about him somewhere. His name just escapes me.

picture.php

"That guy" is Ed Wynn. He was a famous comedian - had his own TV show in the 50s, among other things. He worked with Walt on several movies. Disney fans I think would recognize him best as "Uncle Albert" from Mary Poppins - who "Loved to Laugh" :lol:

WDWmazprty

"That guy" is Ed Wynn. He was a famous comedian - had his own TV show in the 50s, among other things. He worked with Walt on several movies. Disney fans I think would recognize him best as "Uncle Albert" from Mary Poppins - who "Loved to Laugh" :lol:

Yeah, and I'm almost positive he was the voice of the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland.:animwink:

NewfieFan

I was just going to post... "whoever it is sure looks a lot like Uncle Albert"! I'm laughing just thinking about it now!:ROFLOL:

The Mickey Monsters... looks like Disney is trying to cash in on the "Ugly Doll" craze. Don't know if they're still popular or not!?! I'm sure my son will think they are "cool"!

So, is all the Up merch gone? And does anybody know when the Up characters disappear... or are they already gone!?! Geez, you don't even get a chance to see this stuff!

NewfieFan

What Ugly Doll craze? They do look somewhat "cute", but I hope it is something more for the Studios, rather than a new franchise.

Besides that "My Name Is Dug" book you see everywhere, everything UP-related is gone. It did seem to just be an incredibly short run (May 29ish - July 18),but I guess they wanted to cash in on G-Force more. :mad: Seriously? Rather geared to the preadolescent age group. Fortunately, the Meet & Greet is still there, though. I will probably disappear for G-force or Princess & Frog.

Here's a pic of the Ugly Dolls

n310g8.jpg

I think the Mickey Monsters are kind of similar!?! What do you think?

I can't believe Up merch is all gone! Does Disney even want our money!?! My kids were looking forward to buying some Up stuff! I hope the character M&G is still there the end of August!!!

Figment73

All right! Another update now in session! And here we go....

• The overall crowd levels were a bit moderate today.
  • TSMM was 30 minutes at opening, teetered to 50 and back, but its highest was about 75 min. ToT, though had a high of 65 by 1:30pm; most of the time was around 20-40 min.
  • I noticed a Hot Set stage by the Hat and by the Public Library in New York Street. It wasn't used by HSM, so what's its purpose?
picture.php

• VoTLM's entrance sign seems to taken a bolder look, without any of the film's main characters above it. It also looks like Fastpass distribution wasn't available that day.
picture.php

• There is now G-Force merch everywhere. UP has been pushed out. Seems to me they're pushing this film greatly.
  • Vinylmation Clear is now being sold at Villains Vogue & Mickey's of Hollywood.
picture.php

picture.php

• Was able to see the change for The Princess and The Frog at The Magic of Disney Animation. It looks likes it would be an interesting film. Though for some reason, the Prince reminds me of Aladdin, and the Doctor reminds me of Ursula, (well, in what he does.) :hammer:
picture.php

picture.php

• Apparently, Monsters has invaded DHS. They are first going to start in Pooh's of Hollywood, and then do a massive takeover with its "weird cuteness". :lookaroun
picture.php

picture.php

Very nice pictures. We were just down in June... and we'll be going back in November for my birthday. Can't wait to take so more of my own pictures.

Bug715

RENT out The Wizard of Oz GMR? WHAT? HOW? What can you do with it?!

I know it is one of the options for wedding receptions on the Disney Weddings sites. All the parks can be used for the wedding Ceremony and/or reception it just has to be before or after the park is closed. The exception is the "islands" in World Showcase & maybe the American Adventure.

Ok, I didn't know where else to post this...

WB is making a Twilight Zone movie...I would thik Disney would have gotten these rights.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=57291

Hummm. I know Disney had a Twilight Zone movie that was maybe a bit kiddish but still creeps me out today.

I sure hope the UP characters are still around when I move down in a few weeks. I need to make sure I hit DHS the first day I can. I don't see the appeal of the G-Force movie. Am I the only one? I was actually shocked to see that it was a Disney movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom