DHS has a Star Wars problem.

Was at Hollywood Studios yesterday and am going tomorrow and I have to say- I HATE boarding groups!! Look, I have a hard time sleeping and I'm not getting up at 6 am to join a boarding group!! That means, until they do fastpasses or a standby line, I'm never going to ride RotR. Boooo

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Was at Hollywood Studios yesterday and am going tomorrow and I have to say- I HATE boarding groups!! Look, I have a hard time sleeping and I'm not getting up at 6 am to join a boarding group!! That means, until they do fastpasses or a standby line, I'm never going to ride RotR. Boooo
People will get over it...sooner or later 😉

Lirael

Even Universal, who has HP rides in two parks, managed to make it feel like you're entering one area. It's weird that disney, who usually makes you feel like each space has a theme, has you running around like a headless chicken to different park parts to check out all SW things. It does pull you out of immersion more than having two rides with differing plots (such as one including people that aren't alive in the timeline of another) in the same themes space.

Last edited:

mark marsh

1. There is too much Star Wars.
It’s got its own section of the park; time to kill Launch Bay already.
And get the Star Wars merch out of Hollywood Avenue.

2. Galaxy’s Edge is impressive enough, but it’s a friggin NIGHTMARE to navigate without using google maps gps tracking.

Especially bad given that there are so many people dressing in SW themed costumes that you can’t really tell them apart from cast members.
I agree. There is way too much Star Wars in Disney World. I'm not a fan and avoid all the Star Wars crap. To me it's just not Disney.

NiarrNDisney

I wonder if the Mouse would ever move Star Tours over to Tomorrowland since it now sits outside of the Star Wars Galaxy. Before anyone freaks out I'm not saying they should however it could probably fit where Laugh Floor is now and if they ever wanted to make a "Pixar Place/Pier" they could just move MILF to DHS.

Phil12

This guy has a better paint job...

960x0.jpg
But, he didn't have a mustache:
1583471546224.png

Parker in NYC

How many acres are available for expansion in SW:GE? Disney painted themselves into a corner with the lands timeline.

I have this gut feeling that the emphasis on staying to a strict timeline is going to dwindle. I didn't think this a few months ago but whatever, my lumbago's acting up about it (and it doesn't look like rain).

FettFan

Original Poster
I agree. There is way too much Star Wars in Disney World. I'm not a fan

and that’s just it: I AM a fan.

I’m also a fan of chocolate ice cream...but that doesn’t mean I want to binge on the stuff 24/7 until I get the ‘beetus.

OG Runner

Maybe I am wrong, but I believe the original point, was with Galaxy's Edge opening, that Disney should consolidate Star Wars.
I do not see them moving Star Tours, but rebranding Launch Bay to something (anything) else would be a good idea.

MikeTaylorSound

Star Tours is close enough to the entrance of SW:GE that it seems fine to me. I feel like all the park needs now is CarsLand in that big area of land behind The Showcase building where Lightning McQueen Racing Academy is now (corner of World Dr and E Buena Vista Dr).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom