DHS has a Star Wars problem.

UNCgolf

Good for you. But it doesn't dismiss it being pathetic.

I hate dressing up in costumes -- I don't even like doing it on Halloween.

That doesn't mean it's pathetic for other people to enjoy it, though. It's not any more pathetic than a person being a big fan of a football team (which I am) and decking themselves out in team jerseys, face paint, etc.

The only difference is one is seen as more socially acceptable than the other, but that's completely subjective (and prone to change). They're essentially the same thing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You guys must be a blast at renn faires and comicons. I, for one, adore getting dressed up in a costume for basically any reason. Especially since I met my husband at a costume party on Halloween of 1991. It's fun "being someone else" for a day.

You know...I had a lot of fun in college too...and I still don’t know how I didn’t blush and/or end up in the ER...

...just saying 🤪

MickeyLuv'r

That's your opinion, and frankly one you could have chosen to keep to yourself. There's zero real need to insult people who enjoy getting dressed up other than to make yourself feel superior.

I partly agree with you, but a few points..

1. The HP robes are BLACK and Universal is located in Florida, so maybe those aren't ideal. Though I suppose plenty of women endure the wearing of long back robes in the summer in places that are plenty hot.

2. In a certain context, don't we all dress up every day? I mean why does anyone bother with make up, dress shoes, high heels, suits, t-shirts? All our clothing choices make a statement of one kind or another.

3. Where I'd maybe say the costumes get a bit silly is when people pay $200+ for what is essentially just a flashlight, or any other situation where folks pay WAY too much for something like a pocketbook- just because it has a logo, or a picture of a certain rodent.

In a way, it doesn't impact me, any more than the woman wearing a nun's habit, or a hijab impacts me.

Unless....

Women are forced to wear a corset, bra, hijab. Or we assume all men are incapable of doing wrong, just because they are wearing a suit.

Or we give pretty people a higher salary.

Or a better loan rate.

Or maybe we can't share a water fountain, or public area because of what they are wearing.

Or...well, what if we wore nothing at all in WDW?

NiarrNDisney

I said it once and I will say it again and again. Launch Bay should have never been placed in Animation Courtyard! It should have been placed in Sounds Dangerous and the new Mickey Mouse shorts movie theater should have gone where LB is now. Makes no sense at all!

TrainsOfDisney

I said it once and I will say it again and again. Launch Bay should have never been placed in Animation Courtyard! It should have been placed in Sounds Dangerous and the new Mickey Mouse shorts movie theater should have gone where LB is now. Makes no sense at all!

Agreed. The choices that have been made are so odd. There are now 3 separate Star Wars areas of the park.

- Launch Bay where you can meet the most popular characters of the franchise.

- Star Tours and the Jedi Training stage show.

- Galaxies Edge.

Why???

And why the need to make the exact same footprint for both California and Florida... that’s never been done has it? Splash, Big Thunder, Pirates, Tower of Terror, Little Mermaid, etc. have all been built uniquely for each coast to fit in properly.

twilight mitsuk

I partly agree with you, but a few points..

1. The HP robes are BLACK and Universal is located in Florida, so maybe those aren't ideal. Though I suppose plenty of women endure the wearing of long back robes in the summer in places that are plenty hot.

2. In a certain context, don't we all dress up every day? I mean why does anyone bother with make up, dress shoes, high heels, suits, t-shirts? All our clothing choices make a statement of one kind or another.

3. Where I'd maybe say the costumes get a bit silly is when people pay $200+ for what is essentially just a flashlight, or any other situation where folks pay WAY too much for something like a pocketbook- just because it has a logo, or a picture of a certain rodent.

In a way, it doesn't impact me, any more than the woman wearing a nun's habit, or a hijab impacts me.

Unless....

Women are forced to wear a corset, bra, hijab. Or we assume all men are incapable of doing wrong, just because they are wearing a suit.

Or we give pretty people a higher salary.

Or a better loan rate.

Or maybe we can't share a water fountain, or public area because of what they are wearing.

Or...well, what if we wore nothing at all in WDW?
Look At airlines in the 1950s everybody basically wore a suit on the plane

FettFan

Original Poster
Should've gone with Star Trek... 🖖

hell no. Star Trek is essentially what you’d get if you took out all the exciting parts of Phantom Menace and spent the entire runtime focused on tax negotiations in the Galactic Senate and the day to day workings of the Jedi Council.

“We now recognize the esteemed Senator from Corellia, who will be proposing a new hyperspace route for space truckers, to be named in honor of the lost star freighter Nostromo. Senator, if your pod would please approach the large phallic platform thing that is an obvious metaphor for the Supreme Chancellor’s virility. You now have the floor.”

HauntedMansionFLA

Star Wars isn’t anywhere close to strong enough to carry its own park.

I know this is Disney fandom and nobody wants to hear it...but the franchise has taken too many body blows at this point. We’ll see how it plays.

That’s not the case...meet and greets don’t serve that many people...so by default they’re always “too popular”

The problem is they Already took their shot at completely overhauling mgm...and it’s shocking how ineffective it ended up.

Look at the park footprint...it’s now set in stone for the conceivable future. Didn’t even get a parking garage out of it.

That place is not gonna change much now
SW:GE needs its own star Tours and a boat ride with a capacity of PotC in the expansion pad. Both rides with a rider capacity of 3,000 riders per hour along with the 1,750 capacity of Rise and MF. That’s 9,500 per hour for just the rides. If they could do the M&G’s and Jedi Training, that could free up the rest of the park. I know. Armchair 😉

HauntedMansionFLA

Consolidating all Star Wars into Galaxy's Edge would ruin the whole idea of being on Batuu, so that should not happen. However, Launch bay could go away and have it's elements moved around. Certain meet and greets could move to Batuu as long as the characters are alive in the new trilogy. The rest of the launch bay could move to the area around Star Tours. Tatooine Traders could be expanded to hold all merchandise and the Backlot Express could be rethemed to the Lucasfilm Backlot Express. Remove the random backlot theming and replace it with props, models and designs from Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Willow, Labyrinth, and any other Lucasfilm properties. This then turns the area from Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost to Tatooine Traders into a "Lucasfilm Land."
Isn’t BB8 the only survivor over at the launch bay M&G’s?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s still shocking that we can debate what’s “worse” in Star Wars as we move farther down the linear timeline.

The bow and arrows and slingshots from the Ewoks really Should have been the low point.

I guess it’s “therapeutic”??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom