DHS gets Monsters Inc Land w/ dark ride?

Slowjack

I actually think Monster's Inc does fit into the "Interplanetary Convention Center" Monster's Inc Laugh Floor teleports us to another planet. I think that fits in perfectally with that theme.
I don't know where the Monster's Inc world is--it's not really ever stated in the film. I always thought of it as an imaginary place, like Neverland, not a different planet. Even so, it clearly doesn't take place in the future, and therefore cannot be said to meet the technical requirement for inclusion in Tomorrowland. Of course, visually it's not a bad distraction because the monsters remind one of cheesy movie aliens. On the whole, while I think MILK isn't a great fit for Tomorrowland, it's hard to argue that it's a worse fit than the raceway.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Perhaps they should concentrate on getting the basics right, of enjoyment and re -ride ability, before worrying if it fits with some long lost concept of theme-ing.

tirian

Perhaps they should concentrate on getting the basics right, of enjoyment and re -ride ability, before worrying if it fits with some long lost concept of theme-ing.

Ha, ha! That's a good idea.

While there are no Monsters, Inc. lands planned, several concepts have been tossed around for Pixar Place, including at least one additional dark ride after TSMM.

Ironically, Pixar films—the ones made before they merged with Disney—will be the only ones with multiple attractions at the parks.

I'd rather see the Nightmare Before Christmas ride first, though.

tirian

i heard its gonna be a pretty progressive ride about "monsters gathering up the courage to come out of the closet."

my reliable sources state disney will be announcing it on june 29th to coincide with San Fransico's annual "Gay Pride Parade" and launching it in early November, so that it may help put a democrat into office and make people more aware of the issues of today.

pretty bold step if you ask me.

And now I have to clean up the water I spit all over my desk.

tirian

A view supported by the Emo element of the Sak household, and their father. :animwink:

Good. They are wise. :)

Here's an idea—if the various branches of the WDC were actually talking to each other and planning things like Lasseter said they would, MI Laugh Floor would be in the Studios, and a similar attraction with Wall-E would have been planned for Tomorrowland. Timekeeper could have reopened in the mean-time.

I know that the Laugh Floor was planned before the Disney/Pixar merger, but if you remember correctly, Disney barely invested much money into themed elements until after the attraction opened. The technology was already developed, and the props consist of one fiberglass "Scream Canister," some banners, and the benches...all of which could be easily moved to the Studios.

darthjohnny

I actually think Monster's Inc does fit into the "Interplanetary Convention Center" Monster's Inc Laugh Floor teleports us to another planet. I think that fits in perfectally with that theme.

I agree. The monster's came to the convention center to attract the humans. Then they take them all through the door into Monstropolis anyway. Plus I always thought Monstropolis was a little advanced/futuristic compared to our own.

jt04

Good. They are wise. :)

Here's an idea—if the various branches of the WDC were actually talking to each other and planning things like Lasseter said they would, MI Laugh Floor would be in the Studios, and a similar attraction with Wall-E would have been planned for Tomorrowland. Timekeeper could have reopened in the mean-time.

I know that the Laugh Floor was planned before the Disney/Pixar merger, but if you remember correctly, Disney barely invested much money into themed elements until after the attraction opened. The technology was already developed, and the props consist of one fiberglass "Scream Canister," some banners, and the benches...all of which could be easily moved to the Studios.

How great would it be if they moved Laugh Floor to the Studios and let Wall-E replace Stitch and then Star Tours II ride could go where Laugh Floor is. Add a refurbished SM/TTA and..........WOW!

echoreyn

Everyone keeps talking about how they would love to see MILF moved to Pixar Place, so I've been wondering, has Disney set a precendent for moving attractions from one park in WDW to another? :shrug:
Basically, I'd like to know if it's ever really been done before or whether it's just a relatively futile dream that many of us share.

Einselen

Everyone keeps talking about how they would love to see MILF moved to Pixar Place, so I've been wondering, has Disney set a precendent for moving attractions from one park in WDW to another? :shrug:
Basically, I'd like to know if it's ever really been done before or whether it's just a relatively futile dream that many of us share.

High School Musical went from a stage show at MK to a street show at MGM, but that is not an attraction.

WDWFigment

Monsters Land? Nope.

A dark ride themed to a Pixar film (possibly Monsters) integrated into Pixar place? Almost definitely--though it depends on how far you can stretch the definition of a *traditional* dark ride... :animwink:

Source?

I don't know where the Monster's Inc world is--it's not really ever stated in the film. I always thought of it as an imaginary place, like Neverland, not a different planet. Even so, it clearly doesn't take place in the future, and therefore cannot be said to meet the technical requirement for inclusion in Tomorrowland. Of course, visually it's not a bad distraction because the monsters remind one of cheesy movie aliens. On the whole, while I think MILK isn't a great fit for Tomorrowland, it's hard to argue that it's a worse fit than the raceway.

Great analysis--you've changed my mind on the MILF in Tomorrowland subject! :wave:

bassman

i always thought that it would be cool if they did a monsters inc roller coaster,nothin too extreme,only on the scale of RnRC at the most,maybe not even that,space mountain scale even
anyway,i thought it would be cool if the cars were the doors and you started on the scare floor and were raised up 2 the track,and were underneath it.
might b a bit complicated techically wise but how cool would that be if they could pull it off.

i still think that DHS need to have the indiana jones dark ride from DCA,that ride is awesome.

Fun2BFree

Back in the day, Magic Journeys (surreal 3-D show) opened in EPCOT Center's Magic Eye Theater, but then was displaced by Captain EO in September 1986. It moved to Magic Kingdom in the former location of the Mickey Mouse Revue in December '87, before it closed again in December '93 to make way for Legend of the Lion King. :wave:

hathawaybrowne

The Carousel of Progress has moved from New York to Disneyland to WDW.

And I believe Mickey Mouse Revue (formerly in the spot where Philharmagic lives) was moved to Tokyo.

Parades move all the time - how many parks has the Main Street Electrical parade played in now?

However, I don't think you're likely to see attractions move any time soon. It just doesn't make sense to spend a ridiculous amount of money to transport it across the street to another park.

I've seen the Monsters ride they have out in California. Really cute, but hopefully the one that is in speculation right now in WDW will be a bigger better ride!! Something like the Cars ride they're putting in Carsland out in Disneyland would be amazing!! The concept for that ride looks great!!!

imagineer boy

i still think that DHS need to have the indiana jones dark ride from DCA,that ride is awesome.

Well, the Indiana Jones Adventure is in DL, not DCA. But I agree, DHS NEEDS Indiana Jones. Its such an incredible ride, and it would really bring up attendance at the park.

I'd LOVE a great Monsters Inc ride. DCA's is pretty good for a dark ride, but if they would build one from scratch that would include the flying doors scene- cool!

I've always thought it would be awesome to have a rollercoaster at wdw that would be like a suspended coaster and you would be one of the doors in Monsters Inc. And it would go through like a tunnel then come out into a huge room, or a forced perspective room with tons of doors. And like in between the ride cars there would be one or two actual doors then would go through the loading station. then once they go far enough they would take an alternate path like in the movie. just thought that would always be cool lol.

Spencer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom