DHS CARS LAND

bubbles1812

I'm new here, so maybe someone will explain to me what's with all the HATE towards LMA??? I LOVE THAT SHOW! Incorporating THAT into Carsland...wouldn't it work?
I don't think most people truly "hate hate" it. But it's definitely a one and done for most people. For me personally, it was a two and done. And I think a lot of people feel that space could be utilized much better than with the show, not to mention the cost of maintaining it. And the way Disney works, you won't get any form of Carsland without removing LMA since they are more about replacing things than adding new stuff elsewhere.

Welcome to the board, by the way. :)

Elaine Custodio

I still love the show though and would hate to see it go, as much as I loved Carsland.

I should read the whole topic though, to see if there's anything but speculation about it...Last time I went to HS it could really use some more rides...Not at the expense of my beloved LMA, of course, lol!

willtravel

I don't think most people truly "hate hate" it. But it's definitely a one and done for most people. For me personally, it was a two and done. And I think a lot of people feel that space could be utilized much better than with the show, not to mention the cost of maintaining it. And the way Disney works, you won't get any form of Carsland without removing LMA since they are more about replacing things than adding new stuff elsewhere.

Welcome to the board, by the way. :)
But you can say that with everything in WDW. Once and done..... You can say it with BATB, LM, Fantasmic. All shows, all of WDW. It's just what you want to see second, third, or fifteenth time. I go to WDW ever 2 to 2 1/2 years. I see everything. :)

bubbles1812

But you can say that with everything in WDW. Once and done..... You can say it with BATB, LM, Fantasmic. All shows, all of WDW. It's just what you want to see second, third, or fifteenth time. I go to WDW ever 2 to 2 1/2 years. I see everything. :)
Eh... I don't think that is true. Or well, yes I am sure there is at least an individual (or more) out there who has said that about each individual show. But, as a consensus, there are shows that have more return watchability than others do. LMA is not one of those shows for the majority. I see most everything when I go, but LMA is not one of those And Stitch, for example, was a one and done, and also a sincere regret that I spent minutes of my life on that attraction ;)

willtravel

Eh... I don't think that is true. Or well, yes I am sure there is at least an individual (or more) out there who has said that about each individual show. But, as a consensus, there are shows that have more return watchability than others do. LMA is not one of those shows for the majority. I see most everything when I go, but LMA is not one of those And Stitch, for example, was a one and done, and also a sincere regret that I spent minutes of my life on that attraction ;)
Well I guess that is your slant on LMA.

bubbles1812

Well I guess that is your slant on LMA.
Yes, that is my slant. As it is most of the board's, as the original person I was replying to noted. You like LMA. That's fine. Like I said, most people dont hate it, but neither do they feel they have to see it more than once. And that's ok too. But if you want Carsland, LMA is most likely having to go. *shrug*

Pixiedustmaker

I don't think most people truly "hate hate" it. But it's definitely a one and done for most people.

That's true, but WDW gets a lot of first time/once in a lifetime guests, and folks who haven't been in 15 years . . . I bet foreigners especially get a kick out of the Hollywood feel of DHS, and the stunt show.

And the way Disney works, you won't get any form of Carsland without removing LMA since they are more about replacing things than adding new stuff elsewhere.

Recently, all of the new Disney lands completed and planned on on undeveloped land, or backstage areas/parking lots, which aren't guest areas: Carsland, NFL, Avatarland . . . constructing on undeveloped land is certainly cheaper.

Carsland could also go in DHS's parking lot, or elsewhere . . . by and large, Disney rarely completely removes whole buildings, even when taking out an attraction.

pheneix

That's true, but WDW gets a lot of first time/once in a lifetime guests, and folks who haven't been in 15 years . . . I bet foreigners especially get a kick out of the Hollywood feel of DHS, and the stunt show.

Recently, all of the new Disney lands completed and planned on on undeveloped land, or backstage areas/parking lots, which aren't guest areas: Carsland, NFL, Avatarland . . . constructing on undeveloped land is certainly cheaper.

Carsland could also go in DHS's parking lot, or elsewhere . . . by and large, Disney rarely completely removes whole buildings, even when taking out an attraction.

Ride Horizons much? Or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?

StarWarsGirl

Exactly. Certain shows like Fantasmic and Illuminations I see every trip. I'm personally a fan of the 3D shows and hit them more than once per trip at times (Except Muppets). Others I see every other trip. And then there are the one and dones.

WDWDad13

I understand why they may remove lights motors action (although I enjoy it)...but they spent a lot of money building that stadium and that attraction is not even that old so to speak. Such a shame better planning isn't done instead of just throwing something in (ex. American idol which was on its way down when it opened) and then wasting money destroying it

Let me guess....the big shots claim success and dollar signs on their annual reviews when they build it and then again later when they demolish it

Bocabear

The Backlot Tour has gone under the knife so many times there is little left of it... not sure why they even have the trams except to go out to Catastrophe Canyon... it just does not work anymore now that they have removed all the studios they used to tour, Residential Street and the rest... Time for this dinosaur to go...And yeah, LMA is a one and done thing... That and Indy can go... Time for newer better attractions...and no more M&Gs

Captain Neo

Backlot Tour is on life support.

Just sayin'

The problem with the backlot tour is that it only had 1 action scene, catastrophe canyon. The reason the tram tour is so popular in Universal Hollywood is because there are multiple action sequences between the boring stuff like looking at sets. They have an Earthquake, King Kong, Jaws attacking the tram in the lake, etc. I saw concept art for a Journey to the Center of the Earth segment that was proposed for the backlot tour and it would have been awesome and given people more incentive to ride the backlot tour but they didn't greenlight it. I get the feeling that Disney just wasn't all that serious about it and just had the ride because it gave the park a Studios feel.

Were there any other proposals to add show scenes to the backlot tour? I'd be curious to know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom