DHS Aerial View

rioriz

We all know Disney loves "Fade away Blue" so not surprised if all of RnRC is painted blue...

Logical point brought up...

We see the sightlines from overhead but not in the seat with Slinkys head and Slinky Sides obstructing views

Could it be things wont look THAT bad?

rioriz

Screenshot_20170703-222918.png
lets imagine a backboard as high as this womans head...not saying you won't be able to see anything but i have a hard time thinking things will be horribly intrusive from the seat

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
What? We can't see large things from far away? Like Tower of Terror from Epcot?

Disney's own mock-up of the Slinky-Dog coaster shows it seeing the top of the Chinese theater facade and the top of the neighboring garages. The 'fence' going up is only as large as the garages. In that line of sight you can certainly see the much taller RnRC building and ToT and the Swolphin.

From Disney...

View attachment 213511

Google Earth Pro point of view with the rest of the taller buildings behind the garage...

View attachment 213514

You're the one that was peddling DSNY/Jim Hill fantasies. You just don't know what you're talking about. Stop stating things like you're an expert.
Also could it be what may be built close to RnRc, near swan and dolphin?

RAXIP

What? We can't see large things from far away? Like Tower of Terror from Epcot?

Disney's own mock-up of the Slinky-Dog coaster shows it seeing the top of the Chinese theater facade and the top of the neighboring garages. The 'fence' going up is only as large as the garages. In that line of sight you can certainly see the much taller RnRC building and ToT and the Swolphin.

From Disney...

View attachment 213511

Google Earth Pro point of view with the rest of the taller buildings behind the garage...

View attachment 213514

You're the one that was peddling DSNY/Jim Hill fantasies. You just don't know what you're talking about. Stop stating things like you're an expert.
For the sake of accuracy, most of what you marked as the garage is actually the Feature Animation building right next to it. The parking garage is just to the left.

THECARISMINE

Where will the wall facade from the concept art be? I had assumed that would be their method of correcting sightlines between Toy Story, Star Wars and the rest of the park similar to the the way honey I shrunk the kids absorbed you in the playgrounds scale...

jt04

Where will the wall facade from the concept art be? I had assumed that would be their method of correcting sightlines between Toy Story, Star Wars and the rest of the park similar to the the way honey I shrunk the kids absorbed you in the playgrounds scale...

They are only talking about views from the coaster which might be dealt with in future phases.

I still think the parking garage could be converted into a vegetable crate. :D

jt04

I gotta say, passing off the parking garage as a vegetable crate is less ridiculous than passing off the coaster as a child's toy.

We'll see. I like the concept myself if Imagineering has done their usual magic.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just how high is the lift hill? :eek:

I don't know for sure, but I put the eye around the height of the second story of the building for that picture. Unfortunately the eye height measurement in Google Earth doesn't seem to work when you are under 100'.

EdC

Wow, that escalated quickly on the last page..

Remember, Sid's house was over the fence in the first Toy Story. So they did see things on the other side of the fence like other buildings.. but not parking garages.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom