danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Full resolution SWL:

01192017DHSSWL2.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just quickly glancing at that pic on my phone, I can spot a lot progress!

Where does this water go? Is there simply just a drain under there? I know many years ago this creek was a lot longer but they covered up for LMA and the cm lot.
View attachment 185310

When LMA was built an underground canal was added to carry the water to the retention pond on the other side of the entrance road. You can actually see it in the second picture which was from when LMA was being built.

upload_2016-10-21_19-50-37-png.170833

lights-motors-action-extreme-stunt-show_full_3236-copy-jpg.170854

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A little bird has informed me that Star Wars Land in California has gone vertical.

And that Utah is being excavated in Florida.

Looks like you little bird was wrong. Just saw a video on YouTube from the 19th, no "vertical" construction on SWL in DL, although there are some supports for concrete forms in the pit that might have been mistaken for vertical steel.

Walter Yensid

I cannot place the road running on the side of SWL. With the parking lot there and this road, will this mean they will need to do the rockwork 360 degrees unlike Avatar or Everest where they are leaving sides open? I know they left Carsland backside open and then did that strange covering and Avatar they are going to allow people to see the show building from far away, but again could not place the road and if this would force their hand.

Thanks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I cannot place the road running on the side of SWL. With the parking lot there and this road, will this mean they will need to do the rockwork 360 degrees unlike Avatar or Everest where they are leaving sides open? I know they left Carsland backside open and then did that strange covering and Avatar they are going to allow people to see the show building from far away, but again could not place the road and if this would force their hand.

Thanks.

That is the current entrance road that comes in from the corner of World Drive and Osceola. A new entrance road is being built that will come in from intersection of Osceola and Victory and join the parking lot further up and will include a new toll plaza. It's likely that the current road will go away, or maybe just become a cast member entrance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom