DHS 35th

aladdin2007

The celebration will never work without a commemorative pin
and cupcake....this virtual queue stuff is stupid why even bother, either sell the stuff or dont. If they want to limit to two a person or something then okay, but just put it in the main store....its really pathetic how they are mirco managing this stuff. Obviously they have produced such little quantity of the merch (another mistake) they literally don't want to barely offer it.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
and cupcake....this virtual queue stuff is stupid why even bother, either sell the stuff or dont. If they want to limit to two a person or something then okay, but just put it in the main store....its really pathetic how they are mirco managing this stuff. Obviously they have produced such little quantity of the merch (another mistake) they literally don't want to barely offer it.
Agreed. I assume it’s to try to limit resellers but still

bmr1591

Eh. I’ve seen how locals treat new Festival merch and how people rush to buy limited offerings to resell on eBay. They’re probably using this to give the normal guest a chance instead of letting one group snatch everything and upcharge.

Andrew25

Eh. I’ve seen how locals treat new Festival merch and how people rush to buy limited offerings to resell on eBay. They’re probably using this to give the normal guest a chance instead of letting one group snatch everything and upcharge.
Got to love them

I unfortunately found myself at Epcot on opening day of both F&G and FARTs this year and it's insane how people treat merch releases.

Big_Shakalaka

Think bigger. Disney Adventure World Orlando at the Walt Disney Adventure Resort in Florida.

Schitts Creek Lol GIF by CBC

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If I had to guess, the ratio of resellers-to-normal-guests that will enter the VQ will likely be 80/20. And that's probably conservative.

Jambo Dad

Disney has announced a Virtual Queue for the 35th Anniversary Merchandise Event.

Details below:

Use the virtual queue on May 1, 2024, to purchase exciting, new items in honor of this special anniversary.

Celebrate this important milestone event when you shop at Stage 1 Company Store for adult and youth apparel, collectibles and limited-release pins.

A virtual queue will be in place for this shopping event.

Tips for Joining the Virtual Queue
  • You must have valid theme park admission (and, if applicable, theme park reservations) for Disney’s Hollywood Studios to join the virtual queue.
  • You can join the virtual queue starting at 7:00 AM Eastern Time on May 1, 2024. Please be aware that you do not need to be at Disney’s Hollywood Studios when you request to join the virtual queue.
  • Download the My Disney Experience app and ensure location services are turned on. Visit the “Virtual Queues” section in the app to begin.
Important Information
Merchandise is subject to availability and inventory may sell out. Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee access to this event. Purchasing limits apply.
Sure takes a lot of explaining. Fun!

yensid67

Disney Merchandise is OVERPRICED!
I will not pay $70+ for a shirt, baseball hat, etc!
When buying anything, I will buy 1 or 2 things at their prices.
Or for your souvenirs for others, go to Walmart or Target....family and friends won't know the difference!

JohnD

New merch seems to always be the answer for anniversaries. Why do they never celebrate their past?
Oh, but they do, especially at anniversaries and especially attractions that they closed. "We know you miss the original Journey into Imagination with Dreamfinder, Universe of Energy, Horizons, and World of Motion. Here, buy a t-shirt about them at Epcot's 40th Anniversary." Wouldn't be surprised if there's merch for Great Movie Ride and Lights! Motor! Action!

Last edited:

JohnD

I legitimately can’t believe people will fork over lots of money on eBay to buy merch for an anniversary event that they likely weren’t there for
I won't buy anything from eBay. I admit I'm a sucker for buying direct from Disney, though. As much as we complain about their prices, they're still less than the marked up prices at eBay.

WorldExplorer

Here is a look at some of the merchandise

Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_55723.jpg

If this is what most of it looks like it really shows how much the park has completely lost any kind of identity.

There's a lot of fun things they could've done with a film theme and they still could have shoved the characters into it if that was a necessity.

Instead it's this. What the heck is Hollywood Studios? No idea; but Buzz Lightyear hangs out there.

Last edited:

JohnD

It really shows how much the park has completely lost any kind of identity.

There's a lot of fun things they could've done with a film theme and they still could have shoved the characters into it if that was a necessity.

Instead it's this. What the heck is Hollywood Studios? No idea; but Buzz Lightyear hangs out there.
The only remaining explanation I have for "Hollywood Studios" is that studio buildings, which house attractions, are in the middle of the park. You know that MMRR is intentionally in a studio building. And while the entrance for TSMM is in the themed TSL, you'd have to be stupid to not notice the studio building it's housed in.

denyuntilcaught

Gotta take a step back and ask yourself why they're doing it in the first place.

Andrew25

I'm surprised WDW hasn't jumped on UOR's tribute store concept for stuff like this and synergy opportunities.

This would have been a great year to pull some old memorabilia and retro merch in a themed setting.

Andrew25

Seeing as I go 2 to 3 times a year, I find WDW merchandise repetitious and not very desirable. The best new/original merch is on the cruise ships.
I go every week, and WDW has actually become a lot better at this over the last 2 years or so.

Seeing constant (surprisingly) change in merchandise lineups, lots of new t-shirts each month or so, etc.

You should always expect the same generic WDW logo merch, dated shirts, etc., but not sure what else you'd like?

There is definitely a lot of merch that I don't find appealing (too loud/too much going on), but they've been doing a lot of new things recently too. They've found baseball jerseys now to be a nice accompaniment to the spirit jerseys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom