Determining the Best WDW Resort

FitzherbertFreak

Original Poster
Now I have been lucky enough to stay at every WDW hotel. Though what I want to here from you guys is your all time favorite hotel, and why. Is because of the restaurant? The room? The atmosphere? Maybe even the view? I really want to know everyone's opinions on the matter!

TamaraQT

My vote is for Art of Animation, Little Mermaid Section !!!!

Wait....does it count if that is the only Disney resort I have ever stayed at?? :)

PartOfYourWorld

My vote goes to The Boardwalk!

Reasons: location, location, location!; has a beautiful view of Sea Breeze Point where I got married, nightlife, and friendship boats! Also the decor is just to die for...seriously...this is my favorite resort and it always was even before I ever stayed there!!!! It's just so beautiful!!!!

Pocahontas

Yacht Club wins, hands down, no argument. It is the most amazing place ever. When you walk in, the air is cool and fresh and beautiful. If you have ever been to the Yacht Club, you know that there is a distinct scent. It smells like fluffy, newly laundered cotton mixed with a delicate flower... call me crazy. The lobby's decor is absolutely gorgeous. Rich wood complimented by neutral colors - creating a nautical theme. Everybody there is so kind and they greet you with a smile. It never seems to be loud or crazy. Always relaxed. Don't even get me started on the pool. When you walk out, you're surrounded by lush, vibrant flowers. You can look across the serene lake to the stunning Boardwalk. You can take a boat to Epcot, the Boardwalk, and Hollywood Studios. Beaches & Cream, the Yachtsman, Captain's Grille... such good food. The Yacht Club is a breathtaking place that I love. Makes me feel at home while I'm at Disney.

I truly enjoyed all of my stays at the Disney Resorts (3) each one conjures up special memories for me. That being said. Coronado Springs is my current love.

Tinkerfan4ever

I have loved every stay in every resort I have stayed at. Each was perfect for what we wanted at the time. When the kids were littler it was perfect to wake up and have Woody and Buzz right outside your door at All Star Movies. Now that they are older, my absolute favorite is Boardwalk. The location can not be beat and the activities at night on the boardwalk are so much fun.

popcenturylover

Well, in my 3 onsite stays I'd have to say that I can't pick a favorite. Love POP cause' it was our 1st love! Love AOA because well, what's not to love? Last but not least CBR. We absolutely loved the Caribbean feel & the main pool!

FitzherbertFreak

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I love reading what you have to say about the resorts! My favorite resort would have to be Animal Kingdom Lodge. The atmosphere in the lodge is authentic, and absolutely beautiful! *Did you know AKL has that most African art outside of Africa?* Plus, hey, it doesn't hurt to have a room with a view. It's so relaxing to sit on your balcony and to see all of the animals. Though my favorite part of AKL would have to be the restaurants. Boma is my absolute favorite restaurant of all time (in and outside of WDW). Plus, Jiko and Sanna (over at Kidani) are amazing too!

FitzherbertFreak

Original Poster
Yacht Club wins, hands down, no argument. It is the most amazing place ever. When you walk in, the air is cool and fresh and beautiful. If you have ever been to the Yacht Club, you know that there is a distinct scent. It smells like fluffy, newly laundered cotton mixed with a delicate flower... call me crazy. The lobby's decor is absolutely gorgeous. Rich wood complimented by neutral colors - creating a nautical theme. Everybody there is so kind and they greet you with a smile. It never seems to be loud or crazy. Always relaxed. Don't even get me started on the pool. When you walk out, you're surrounded by lush, vibrant flowers. You can look across the serene lake to the stunning Boardwalk. You can take a boat to Epcot, the Boardwalk, and Hollywood Studios. Beaches & Cream, the Yachtsman, Captain's Grille... such good food. The Yacht Club is a breathtaking place that I love. Makes me feel at home while I'm at Disney.
Although it's at Beach Club, have you ever eaten at Cape May Cafe? Somehow, I have never eaten there, and I'm dying to try it. If you (or anyone who read this) has eaten there, would you recommend it? I mean there are the characters dressed up in beach-wear after all. ;)

jlsHouston

I still have resorts on my list to try. I have to say currently I am in love with WL. Spent 4 days there over Thanksgiving and was so sad to switch over to BW although I love the BW... I loved the lobby of the WL. I love the room location I got right around the corner from front desk on the first floor...I like the restaurants okay although Roaring Forks has got to be the most crowded QS resort location I have ever battled for food...I really liked the boat service to CONT or over to the the MK and I loved taking it to the campgounds and doing the smore thing with the kiddos one evening and seeing Chip n Dale.

Actually I really loved all the resorts I have stayed so far...but WL was really nice for all the holiday decor and just a wonderful homey feel.

FitzherbertFreak

Original Poster
I still have resorts on my list to try. I have to say currently I am in love with WL. Spent 4 days there over Thanksgiving and was so sad to switch over to BW although I love the BW... I loved the lobby of the WL. I love the room location I got right around the corner from front desk on the first floor...I like the restaurants okay although Roaring Forks has got to be the most crowded QS resort location I have ever battled for food...I really liked the boat service to CONT or over to the the MK and I loved taking it to the campgounds and doing the smore thing with the kiddos one evening and seeing Chip n Dale.

Actually I really loved all the resorts I have stayed so far...but WL was really nice for all the holiday decor and just a wonderful homey feel.
Gosh it has been ages since I've stayed at WL. Though recently, I have camped there. I absolutely love Whispering Canyon Cafe. Gosh, talking about it makes me want some corn bread and honey butter. :p

jlsHouston

I definitely will return to WL if we go again this Thanksgiving. I will stay the entire week there instead of splitting the stay between WL and BW.

Summer visits I really like the Epcot resorts...I've stayed at BW, BC and Dophin. In some ways I think the pools at the Dophin are the best....but I like all 3 resorts pool areas and l like the food choices. I would have to say BW has the best service, BC I like rooms and layout of the resort the best and Dolphin is the cheapest for what you get ....

FitzherbertFreak

Original Poster
I definitely will return to WL if we go again this Thanksgiving. I will stay the entire week there instead of splitting the stay between WL and BW.

Summer visits I really like the Epcot resorts...I've stayed at BW, BC and Dophin. In some ways I think the pools at the Dophin are the best....but I like all 3 resorts pool areas and l like the food choices. I would have to say BW has the best service, BC I like rooms and layout of the resort the best and Dolphin is the cheapest for what you get ....
Literally when I go now, I randomly pick one. It's so difficult for me to choose, so why not do it with my eyes closed? :p

Tiggertoo56

I've stayed at CBR, AS Movies and PORS - and all have good points and I would go back to any of them again. Next visit we are staying at POFQ to check it out. We visited most resorts/hotels on previous trips so that we can see where else we would like to stay.

FitzherbertFreak

Original Poster
I've stayed at CBR, AS Movies and PORS - and all have good points and I would go back to any of them again. Next visit we are staying at POFQ to check it out. We visited most resorts/hotels on previous trips so that we can see where else we would like to stay.
Home you have a great time! I love Riverside a little more, but of course French Quarter is great too! Nothing beats the beignets! Yum! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom