Determining the Best WDW Resort

jlsHouston

What no votes for BC? It is probably my favorite Epcot resort....I love how its so so close to the international gateway, love the pool, love the lounges, love sharing with Yacht Club....love being across the water from BWI...love the size and color scheme of the rooms.
I just had to vote for WL because it was so wonderful those few days I was there at Thanksgiving with the Christmas decor all out. The lobby just fantastic...boat rides to MK or CONT or the campsites...

FitzherbertFreak

Original Poster
What no votes for BC? It is probably my favorite Epcot resort....I love how its so so close to the international gateway, love the pool, love the lounges, love sharing with Yacht Club....love being across the water from BWI...love the size and color scheme of the rooms.
I just had to vote for WL because it was so wonderful those few days I was there at Thanksgiving with the Christmas decor all out. The lobby just fantastic...boat rides to MK or CONT or the campsites...
I too was shocked by this! The pool and Beaches & Cream (even though that's in the middle) are both amazing!

PartOfYourWorld

I'll be staying at the Beach Club in May so I'll let you know then! haha

Mine is booked on May 2nd, I might change it to April 30th (I'm gonna be up there for HS 25th).

oh nice! DHS is my favorite park and I kinda wish I would have made the trip for the 25th ann. but 21st is our wedding anniversary so I wanted to go closer to that and be able to take in 1 star wars weekend. so that kind of won over

Ariel484

I feel like mine changes with each trip! First few trips as an adult I was in love with the Boardwalk...then we tried the Grand Floridian last year and that took the top spot.

We just got back from Animal Kingdom Lodge and it was awesome. The lobby is so huge, relaxing and detailed (I feel like every time we walked through one of us spotted something new we hadn't noticed before). The giftshop has lots of cool stuff to look at. Pool is great (sadly we never made time to use it last week). Sanaa is my favorite non-Signature Table Service place on property, and Jiko is up there as one of my favorite Signatures. The Mara has pretty interesting stuff on their menu, which I definitely appreciate. (We're not huge fans of Boma...! :eek:) The savannahs are pretty awesome too...one of my favorite memories from our trip was looking out our window in time to catch the baby zebra running excitedly around the savannah.

I think my favorite thing about the place, though, is how out of the way it is. I used to think I'd never want to stay at a resort that was entirely bus-dependent, but AKL is so quiet and tucked away...just incredibly relaxing. And the bus service was really great - only had to share between Kidani and Jambo!

So AKL is currently my favorite by far. It definitely stole my heart last week. :inlove:

DisneyDebNJ

Now I have been lucky enough to stay at every WDW hotel. Though what I want to here from you guys is your all time favorite hotel, and why. Is because of the restaurant? The room? The atmosphere? Maybe even the view? I really want to know everyone's opinions on the matter!
Hands down, The Polynesian!! Aside from being on the monorail route, you can watch the fireworks from MK on the beach. The surroundings are VERY comforting! The rooms are large, beds are wonderful, and nothing beats the start or end to each Disney day on the balcony. We love both pools, and Captain Cook's is a terrific place for a *poolside* lunch, as well as a Dole Whip to end the day

75disney

Although it's at Beach Club, have you ever eaten at Cape May Cafe? Somehow, I have never eaten there, and I'm dying to try it. If you (or anyone who read this) has eaten there, would you recommend it? I mean there are the characters dressed up in beach-wear after all. ;)
Love it for breakfast, hated it for dinner. Ate there over Thanksgiving week as well. At dinner, the lines for the buffet were long and the food was not that good. My girls who like fried shrimp said it tasted disguising. Also, they didn't seem to refill the dishes that fast so we would go up and have to wait for what we wanted. Desserts were not impressive. My kids left hungry. I would not eat here again for dinner.

FitzherbertFreak

Original Poster
Love it for breakfast, hated it for dinner. Ate there over Thanksgiving week as well. At dinner, the lines for the buffet were long and the food was not that good. My girls who like fried shrimp said it tasted disguising. Also, they didn't seem to refill the dishes that fast so we would go up and have to wait for what we wanted. Desserts were not impressive. My kids left hungry. I would not eat here again for dinner.
Thanks so much! I'm changing my reservations!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom