News Destination D23 2023

FigmentFan82

Nintendo, HTTYD, and to an extent Potter all have young audiences as well, and all those IPS can age up very well with their audience. Disney should take EU more seriously

ppete1975

Things I expect
Disneyland- tarzans tree house news
Epcot- update and opening date of moana
Epcot- update of the spine
Epcot- date and drawings maybe some video of what they expect the night time show to look like
MK- updates on tiana
Hollywood studios-something new that has to do with the indiana jones or star tours area (this is a guess completely) (with no date)
Animal kingdom- something new going into dino land. (with no date)

Talk of the new cruise ship, some new run disney (mostly california).. btw why not have run disney in other states and use it as a cash cow.

Some huge ideas that are blue sky because that worked so great last time.

Kamikaze

how about another friggin dinner show. there should be at least 2 more dinner shows going on in WDW. it's such a no brainer
Maybe the one Chapek nixed?
Things I expect
Disneyland- tarzans tree house news
Might be open by then.
Epcot- update and opening date of moana
Epcot- update of the spine
An exact date for these is almost assured at this point.
Epcot- date and drawings maybe some video of what they expect the night time show to look like
Possible
MK- updates on tiana
"We're making progress' with a few still images
Hollywood studios-something new that has to do with the indiana jones or star tours area (this is a guess completely) (with no date)
Nope
Animal kingdom- something new going into dino land. (with no date)
Low chance
Talk of the new cruise ship, some new run disney (mostly california).. btw why not have run disney in other states and use it as a cash cow.
Because the whole allure is running through the parks
Some huge ideas that are blue sky because that worked so great last time.
Almost definitely not

I think you're 'expecting' too much.

Last edited:

ppete1975

Maybe the one Chapek nixed?

Might be open by then.

An exact date for these is almost assured at this point.

Possible

"We're making progress' with a few still images

Nope

Low chance

Because the whole allure is running through the parks

Almost definitely not

I think you're 'expecting' too much.
what do you expect?

doctornick

New announcements? Almost nothing.

Details on the Epcot show.
A night time parade for WDW.
Details on the reimagined DL Fantasmic.
Maybe (hopefully) the announcement of the closure of Dinoland for (insert anything else here).

Thats about it for 'major' things.

If we are talking about the upcoming Destination D23 (as opposed to the 2024 D23 Expo), then you are probably even being overly optimistic. Destination D23 has generally been extremely light on any future projects. I think outside of details for the new Epcot show, I wouldn't expect anything "new" regarding the parks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Until 2024...
  1. when D+ is in the black
  2. and TWDC fully owns Hulu,
  3. and dividends are back being issued...
I can't imagine there will be any big, new projects started.

(Not to mention their tentpole movies have costs under control, and the two strikes are settled...)

We've heard of their Blue Sky plans of what they're thinking of, but, they currently don't have the money for it. Maybe we'll hear more of their Blue Sky plans, but I can't imagine announcing a start date for giant new projects until the above conditions are met.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

If we are talking about the upcoming Destination D23 (as opposed to the 2024 D23 Expo), then you are probably even being overly optimistic. Destination D23 has generally been extremely light on any future projects. I think outside of details for the new Epcot show, I wouldn't expect anything "new" regarding the parks.
The things I mentioned except for Dinoland will be operating before D23 Expo.

The parade we have all but confirmed, the Epcot show should be open by then or close to it, and DL Fantasmic is back in the spring. Thats why I said 'details' on those things.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

The things I mentioned except for Dinoland will be operating before D23 Expo.

The parade we have all but confirmed, the Epcot show should be open by then or close to it, and DL Fantasmic is back in the spring. Thats why I said 'details' on those things.
We still don't know if it's a DL Parade or MK has a huge secret..... Along with that, we have No Clue of anything is already built or if anything is already shipped...

Kamikaze

They need to desperately announce an Imagination! overhaul. Anything short of that is not going to rally the fans or paint Disney in a park-positive vibe.
D23 fans and good PR park bloggers do.
You can say this all you want, it doesn't make it true. The ride just doesn't move the needle. They need to expand, not replace, in almost all cases.
We still don't know if it's a DL Parade or MK has a huge secret..... Along with that, we have No Clue of anything is already built or if anything is already shipped...
Steve basically only posts about WDW stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom