Destination D23 2021

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Glad I had no expectations. Biggest announcement is probably Magicbands in California (which really are a convenience, honestly).
I’m just glad josh called out they are aware that at the parks, the little things matter. And I hope more of those things they suspended come back next year. If not all of those things. That area is my biggest concern. Not so much the new stuff right now.

Disstevefan1

I hate that argument cause all parks are trying to recover from pandemic. Yet most parks are spending money to get people back. Where as Disney thinks it's better to cut to get people back.
TWDC does not need to spend money to get people back to the parks, especially WDW.

Folks are coming back to the parks regardless of the offerings or the skyrocketing prices.

It seemed to me, at least for TWDC, the pandemic helped create pent up demand for the theme parks; allowing them to offer whatever cost reduced, watered down experience and price that at whatever price they want.

Jrb1979

TWDC does not need to spend money to get people back to the parks, especially WDW.

Folks are coming back to the parks regardless of the offerings or the skyrocketing prices.

It seemed to me, at least for TWDC, the pandemic helped create pent up demand for the theme parks; allowing them to offer whatever cost reduced, watered down experience and price that at whatever price they want.
You don't think that's a bad look?

Jrb1979

I’m just glad josh called out they are aware that at the parks, the little things matter. And I hope more of those things they suspended come back next year. If not all of those things. That area is my biggest concern. Not so much the new stuff right now.
Why can't they do both. Appease the fans for a change.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Something that struck me from D'Amaro's talk so far - just how bogged down Disney is getting with anniversary celebrations. There are so many properties now, it is becoming hard to even keep track of who is celebrating what. I think the effectiveness of them is being dramatically reduced as a marketing tool.
Like festivals ar Epcot.

ToTBellHop

For now? Sure. I am annoyed at projects like TRON being delayed, but I get it. No need for it right now. But the pandemic demand for a nostalgic offering close(r) to home won’t last forever. And at the pace Disney builds, they need to get to work on 2024 and 2025 projects now.

Jrb1979

As I said, to spend at pre Covid levels right now would be reckless. The company still has a lot of recovering to do. As does the world.
I'm not saying to spend at that level. Everyone has a lot of recovering to do but it hasn't stopped most other parks from adding new attractions post Covid.

TWDC does not care how this looks, as I said, folks show up anyway.

It does care about how the company looks to the Twitter mob.

The only thing TWDC truly cares about is it’s stock price.
How is that stock looking right now?

ToTBellHop

I'm not saying to spend at that level. Everyone has a lot of recovering to do but it hasn't stopped most other parks from adding new attractions post Covid.

How is that stock looking right now?
They are spending a large fortune between all of the parks and the cruise line. We have a $450 million coaster opening in about 6 months. I doubt many visit DHS or DAK and feel they are stale. And MK never needs help. They are doing a ton in Epcot whether we approve of what they’re doing or not.

Spending isn’t presently an issue. Efficiency with money? Sure.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
You continue to underestimate how much the pandemic has hurt almost every division of the company. And you continue to support Covid mitigation efforts throughout the world that only hamper their recovery. Not to mention, inflation is through the roof, gas prices are up, we have major supply chain issues, and in the north US, delta is surging. Sounds like a good environment.
Next year, two new e tickets will open at WDW. A new cruise ship will set sail with two additional coming in behind it. Epcot plans were pretty much destroyed but they are trying to move on some of it.

As I said previously, I will wait to see what occurs at the Epxo, where major announcements typically occur. If not everything is pretty much reopened by then and nothing major is announced, I will change my tune.

Disstevefan1

For now? Sure. I am annoyed at projects like TRON being delayed, but I get it. No need for it right now. But the pandemic demand for a nostalgic offering close(r) to home won’t last forever. And at the pace Disney builds, they need to get to work on 2024 and 2025 projects now.
I hear you, but all of us have been complaining about TWDC’s short sighted, money grabs, slow moving projects for YEARS on these boards..

Then came the pandemic.

A lot of folks said, “this will teach them!”

It taught them alright. It taught them how to cut even more while at the same time charging more for everything.

I will say again what everyone hates me to say…

TWDC and it’s theme parks are invincible…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom