Destination D23 2021

Creathir

Something that struck me from D'Amaro's talk so far - just how bogged down Disney is getting with anniversary celebrations. There are so many properties now, it is becoming hard to even keep track of who is celebrating what. I think the effectiveness of them is being dramatically reduced as a marketing tool.
The same exact thought hit me as well.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I hate that argument cause all parks are trying to recover from pandemic. Yet most parks are spending money to get people back. Where as Disney thinks it's better to cut to get people back.
You may hate the argument, but it’s one that makes sense. And as I mentioned, disney has obligations well beyond the parks. To spend at pre pandemic levels right now would be ridiculously reckless.

we will see what the expo brings next year.

Jrb1979

You may hate the argument, but it’s one that makes sense. And as I mentioned, disney has obligations well beyond the parks. To spend at pre pandemic levels right now would be ridiculously reckless.

we will see what the expo brings next year.
Yeah to the almighty Wall Street.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Those were already coming pre Covid. Im looking what the Mouse has announced since. More cuts then additions has been the rule.
The only cut I can think of that is entirely unrelated to COVID is Magical Express. Am I missing others? Not price increases. Not operational changes. Cuts unrelated to COVID.

Though in that spirit, I'm much more annoyed about the snail's pace of things coming back than I am about the lack of brand new stuff. It's pathetic that I still can't get my bed made at the hotels of the "premium family vacation destination of the whole world."

SplashJacket

Glad I had no expectations. Biggest announcement is probably Magicbands in California (which really are a convenience, honestly).
I saw this coming once they said Toontown was going to become increasingly interactive. Universal Japan sells interactivity bands, and these new magic bands just seem like a more useful version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom