Destination D23 2021

M:SpilotISTC12

Something that struck me from D'Amaro's talk so far - just how bogged down Disney is getting with anniversary celebrations. There are so many properties now, it is becoming hard to even keep track of who is celebrating what. I think the effectiveness of them is being dramatically reduced as a marketing tool.
They're grasping at straws with a 15 year anniversary. Who celebrates such an odd number?

mightynine

Something that struck me from D'Amaro's talk so far - just how bogged down Disney is getting with anniversary celebrations. There are so many properties now, it is becoming hard to even keep track of who is celebrating what. I think the effectiveness of them is being dramatically reduced as a marketing tool.
It’s an easy thing to attach merchandise too. Also makes it seem like “things” are happening.

hopemax

So to get interesting new attractions all we need is a repressive authoritarian government that routinely disappears citizens and threatens Disney with asset confiscation.

That seems doable, actually.

Or we could go the Tokyo route and have informed, intelligent management with a keen sense of what makes Disney special, but that seems MUCH harder right now.
I know we’re supposed to be apolitical on the boards but I can’t help but juxtapose the comments from the Women’s Tennis Association about being willing to deal with the consequences of saying “no” to China’s money. It’s the elephant in the room that was always there, but China is making it awfully hard to ignore it. We loved our 2018 visit to Hong Kong but we can’t ignore what has happened since and no matter how much we would like to go back for the cultural experience, we won’t.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom