Despite Construction.... We are booked at the Poly!!!!!!!

DisneyDebNJ

We are already in March and due to the construction at the Poly, I wasn't sure where to stay.... I couldn't imagine myself staying anywhere but the Poly. So I did the best I could.. I called Pam @Kingdom Konsultant and she understood exactly how I felt... I took the plunge... I booked 10/20 - 10/30!!! Pam was SO helpful and understanding, and knew a Poly lover HAD to stay at the Poly!! LOL Here we are... in the planning stages!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Anything for you Deb, you are too sweet!! Let's pray that the construction moves along rapidly so that it doesn't interrupt your stay too much. LOL

Pam
You are the best!!! I understand I guess.. or I'll try, but you were so helpful in our booking, and understanding to the fact, that I would be miserable anywhere else! Positive thinking... all will be great as always! Regardless, I'll still be *home* :)

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

We are already in March and due to the construction at the Poly, I wasn't sure where to stay.... I couldn't imagine myself staying anywhere but the Poly. So I did the best I could.. I called Pam @Kingdom Konsultant and she understood exactly how I felt... I took the plunge... I booked 10/20 - 10/30!!! Pam was SO helpful and understanding, and knew a Poly lover HAD to stay at the Poly!! LOL Here we are... in the planning stages!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
Good for you, Deb! That's awesome! If nothing else, you can look back someday and know you were there to witness the transformation. You'll be part of it. Nothing wrong with that. And I totally agree with @Kingdom Konsultant , home is where the heart is. Gotta stay true. Right?

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Good for you, Deb! That's awesome! If nothing else, you can look back someday and know you were there to witness the transformation. You'll be part of it. Nothing wrong with that. And I totally agree with @Kingdom Konsultant , home is where the heart is. Gotta stay true. Right?
Thank you Kelly. You make a great point, and it's funny *remember when....* is something that comes out of my mouth every trip. Memories at their best. The Poly is my home, on so many levels, my life with my husband started there on the Poly beach, when he asked me to marry him.

Upvote 0

piazza

In 27 days we will be at the Poylnesian for our first time, I am a big wilderness lodge fan and my wife has always wanted to try the Polynesian. We are upset that we won’t be getting the full feel of the resort, however very excited to try something new. we are also bringing 6 "first time Disney" family and friends with us, I don’t think they will mind the construction but again it would be nice to give them the "blow your mind feel" of being at the Polynesian. We thought about changing resorts but Ultimately decided to stick it out!

Upvote 0
The Poly is our favorite. We've tried Beech Club and enjoyed it as well. We are staying at the Grand Floridian in May, but (at least so far) nothing beats the feeling of stepping off the Magical Express and walking into the Great Ceremonial House. The very first time we walked through those doors, my wife said, "I'm home!" I know the construction is going to change the feeling of the resort, but I'm still hopeful. I'll be excited to hear your report.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
The Poly is our favorite. We've tried Beech Club and enjoyed it as well. We are staying at the Grand Floridian in May, but (at least so far) nothing beats the feeling of stepping off the Magical Express and walking into the Great Ceremonial House. The very first time we walked through those doors, my wife said, "I'm home!" I know the construction is going to change the feeling of the resort, but I'm still hopeful. I'll be excited to hear your report.
A most magical welcome!

Upvote 0

mebucko

FANTASTIC DisneyDebNJ!!
It is STILL the Poly! We were there (Fiji) from 2/23-28, and were HOME again!
Marie and Pam did a great job for us, too.
We will return, as soon as we can. Maybe its a "Joisey" thing!
BTW, Southwest and Pacifico were once again flawless!
Have a wonderful time - sit on the swing and wiggle the toes in the sand - its all good!
Ch-Ears,
Bill

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
FANTASTIC DisneyDebNJ!!
It is STILL the Poly! We were there (Fiji) from 2/23-28, and were HOME again!
Marie and Pam did a great job for us, too.
We will return, as soon as we can. Maybe its a "Joisey" thing!
BTW, Southwest and Pacifico were once again flawless!
Have a wonderful time - sit on the swing and wiggle the toes in the sand - its all good!
Ch-Ears,
Bill
See this is my exact point ... its still the Poly ... maybe a bit frazzled until the construction is complete, but it's still home. I certainly understand why alot of people would rather stay at another resort until construction is finished, but for me, its the Poly or the highway LOL (or mouse-way) If its noisey in the morning, that just means I get out of bed earlier, and at night, we are so tired, a lion could be roaring in my ear and I wouldn't wake up. I know, I wouldn't be happy staying anywhere else. Pam knows me well, and we even talked about IF construction is really an issue, I can always reconsider other options 6 weeks or so, out from my arrival date, but I am diehard Poly.
Southwest... yes, I totally agree. We fly out of PHL and have never, ever had a problem. ACY is 7 miles from our home, and we don't care for Spirit at all. My husband works at ACY and we still fly out of PHL LOL. So glad you had a great time *home*. If you're like me, you see that Poly sign, and your chest just fills with pride... Yep.... Aloooooooooooooha ... I'm home!!!!!! ;)

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Im identical to you wife... I hit those doors, relaxation sets in. (I may even get teary eyed too, Ive been known to do that LOL)

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Im identical to you wife... I hit those doors, relaxation sets in. (I may even get teary eyed too, Ive been known to do that LOL)
Awwww...your undying Poly love is so sweet. My brother ( @obrienIII ) is much the same. He's been upset about some of the changes but I can definitely hear/feel his love for the resort when he talks about it even when venting his frustration. The teary-eyed part is so sweet. Last week I dreamed about walking into Disneyland for the first time (going next month!), stepping onto Main Street USA, and being so overcome at that moment that I broke down into sobs. NOT what I'd expect from me but in the dream it was such a real, raw moment. In my dream I even got down to the ground sobbing those crazy happy tears. Let's just hope that's not what really happens. LOL! I'd make such a sloppy mess of my makeup! Gah! :facepalm:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom