Despite Construction.... We are booked at the Poly!!!!!!!

DisneyDebNJ

We are already in March and due to the construction at the Poly, I wasn't sure where to stay.... I couldn't imagine myself staying anywhere but the Poly. So I did the best I could.. I called Pam @Kingdom Konsultant and she understood exactly how I felt... I took the plunge... I booked 10/20 - 10/30!!! Pam was SO helpful and understanding, and knew a Poly lover HAD to stay at the Poly!! LOL Here we are... in the planning stages!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

HouCuseChickie

I saw your post while we were away on spring break. Happy to see you booked...sad that our trips will not overlap :(:cry::grumpy: I guess at least that's for positive reasons. Now, you must understand that we all expect some in depth reporting on your part to show us the changes and transformations in progress! ;) Seriously though, I think you staying at the Poly is the best recipe for happiness on your trip :happy:

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Awwww...your undying Poly love is so sweet. My brother ( @obrienIII ) is much the same. He's been upset about some of the changes but I can definitely hear/feel his love for the resort when he talks about it even when venting his frustration. The teary-eyed part is so sweet. Last week I dreamed about walking into Disneyland for the first time (going next month!), stepping onto Main Street USA, and being so overcome at that moment that I broke down into sobs. NOT what I'd expect from me but in the dream it was such a real, raw moment. In my dream I even got down to the ground sobbing those crazy happy tears. Let's just hope that's not what really happens. LOL! I'd make such a sloppy mess of my makeup! Gah! :facepalm:
I reacted the same way as your brother when I first heard of all the construction that was planned. I think I actually said "How dare they" outloud LOL. How great you're going to Disneyland!! I went to Anaheim when I was 10, and loved it. I think,there are certain things that set me off as far as my emotions are concerned at Disney, alot relating to my son's growing up years, and rememberance of my Dad. (You should see the look on people's faces when I tell them everytime I hug Pluto, I think of my Dad ... LOL) Thank Goodness for waterproof mascara LOL.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
I saw your post while we were away on spring break. Happy to see you booked...sad that our trips will not overlap :(:cry::grumpy: I guess at least that's for positive reasons. Now, you must understand that we all expect some in depth reporting on your part to show us the changes and transformations in progress! ;) Seriously though, I think you staying at the Poly is the best recipe for happiness on your trip :happy:
I so wished we met up this trip. Me and my beloved Poly LOL, I swear I'm addicted! Ron said he would take me to the Poly twice a year, if I wore a grass skirt.... yeah, like thats gonna happen LOL

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Hi DDNJ,
All this Poly talk is makin' us "homesick"!
Had I mentioned we have an EHT teacher-daughter with twin Grandkids in school there?
Great memories about your Dad!
Have a great weekend!
Bill and Sari
oh how cool!! We have so many schools here in EHT! I'm making myself homesick too and I'm what... a tad over 200 days out?!?!? Ugh... it's gonna be a LONG summer LOL

Upvote 0

38053WDW

In 27 days we will be at the Poylnesian for our first time, I am a big wilderness lodge fan and my wife has always wanted to try the Polynesian. We are upset that we won’t be getting the full feel of the resort, however very excited to try something new. we are also bringing 6 "first time Disney" family and friends with us, I don’t think they will mind the construction but again it would be nice to give them the "blow your mind feel" of being at the Polynesian. We thought about changing resorts but Ultimately decided to stick it out!

Take many construction pics & post... DVC bungalows look like they are moving along fast... http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_polynesian_0.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Have they started the work on the lobby of the GCH or the pool area yet? I've not seen anything on the forum (other than the DVC), unless I missed it...

Upvote 0

TheAbidingDude

We are already in March and due to the construction at the Poly, I wasn't sure where to stay.... I couldn't imagine myself staying anywhere but the Poly. So I did the best I could.. I called Pam @Kingdom Konsultant and she understood exactly how I felt... I took the plunge... I booked 10/20 - 10/30!!! Pam was SO helpful and understanding, and knew a Poly lover HAD to stay at the Poly!! LOL Here we are... in the planning stages!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
We are staying there in May (had the same apprehension). Just put on your rose colored glasses and enjoy. ;-)

Upvote 0

meganw1985

I want to begin by saying I have wanted to stay at the poly nearly my whole life. We booked it for this summer, July 21-26. The financial aspect (while high) isn't really a concern. But now I'm getting cold feet. I'm afraid all the construction will impact our trip negatively and it won't be "all" I hoped for for years! I know they are working on the DVC, which doesn't really concern me so much, but now I find out the lobby is under??!! Capt Cook's closing??!! What else do I not know about? How long will it last? I really don't want to spend more than the poly, so our other options are: Wilderness (stayed there 2009 & loved) Animal Kingdom (2010, OK but not favorite) Boardwalk (out, as husband hates clowns and refuses), and PORS (stayed last year) Caribbean Beach (2005) and Coronado (2009). No new options or any I am really really fond of. Idk what yo do.

Upvote 0

macfreak

What is the best longhouse to stay in? Was looking at tokElau or Niue or aotearoa. Only aotearoa because standard view you can have the monorail glide almost overhead. Tiki man pages says Tokelau is great because views are great no matter what and its the only longhouse left with bigger rooms. We want ground floor so the kids can go out and play right out of the room.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

What is the best longhouse to stay in? Was looking at tokElau or Niue or aotearoa. Only aotearoa because standard view you can have the monorail glide almost overhead. Tiki man pages says Tokelau is great because views are great no matter what and its the only longhouse left with bigger rooms. We want ground floor so the kids can go out and play right out of the room.
A most magical welcome!

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
I want to begin by saying I have wanted to stay at the poly nearly my whole life. We booked it for this summer, July 21-26. The financial aspect (while high) isn't really a concern. But now I'm getting cold feet. I'm afraid all the construction will impact our trip negatively and it won't be "all" I hoped for for years! I know they are working on the DVC, which doesn't really concern me so much, but now I find out the lobby is under??!! Capt Cook's closing??!! What else do I not know about? How long will it last? I really don't want to spend more than the poly, so our other options are: Wilderness (stayed there 2009 & loved) Animal Kingdom (2010, OK but not favorite) Boardwalk (out, as husband hates clowns and refuses), and PORS (stayed last year) Caribbean Beach (2005) and Coronado (2009). No new options or any I am really really fond of. Idk what yo do.
I can definately understand your concerns, but what I would do, is call Disney directly. Ask them the proposed construction during your stay. I highly suggest checking out @tikiman posts.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
We stayed in Tokelau (facing the quiet pool) last November. We never were bothered by construction at all. Fiji and Tuvulu are on the other side of the marina (closest to the GF) Niue as well as Samoa are kind of dead center. I have never stayed in Aoteatoa, in all honesty. If you request either Niue or Samoa, also request to be on the quiet pool side.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom