News DeSantis moves to bring state safety oversight of the Walt Disney World Monorail including suspending the service for inspections

fgmnt

I’m confused as to why you would attack the character of any potential inspectors. You assume they are just a bunch of crooks that cannot be trusted? They aren’t politicians.

It would be very reckless to assume state investigators are invested in political hit jobs. Luckily no one with a bully pulpit like, say, a former president, would ever do such a thing.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Gonna quote myself from the other thread here:

Granted, the word transportation is there, but this is written vague enough and lacks a definition of what transport is in the context of this new rule that I could potentially see CFTOD goons... sorry, "FDOT Regulators" shutting down attractions that are on rails because they technically do transport you between locations.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Yes, public safety inspections are notorious tools of tinpot dictators.
You may want to take a peek at Fuller v Carollo, presently going through federal courts in Florida, where Miami City Commissioner Joe Carollo has been on a public vendetta against Bill Fuller, local bar owner and landlord, after publicly supporting his opponent in an election.

He weaponized regulatory resources to punish a perceived enemy.

TalkingHead

Another threat that's likely to never come to fruition - the media backlash would be tremendous from both sides.
Delusional. There’d be no media backlash if the stated cause is safety, just like with coaster inspections and so on. Reports would contextualize this oversight, rightly or wrongly, as overdue since it was never implemented after the monorail accident that resulted in a CM death. Connects the dots to safety inspections, no backlash.

Chi84

Premium Member
Elected into power in a constitutional republic where those with accusations of abuse of government power have the right to seek redress in court, just like in the example you cited.

You don't have to like him, or this situation. Let's all at least try to avoid hyperbole.
I’ve always had a great deal of faith in the courts. I know some people think the judges are free to decide a case based on their own beliefs and politics, but that has never been the case.

Lower courts are well-constrained by laws and precedents set by case law. It is true that higher courts, like the state and federal supreme courts, are more involved with policy considerations just based on the subjects brought before them. But it’s a misconception to think that judges are free to rule any way they like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom