News DeSantis moves to bring state safety oversight of the Walt Disney World Monorail including suspending the service for inspections

Smiley/OCD

I don't know... Considering a door was wide open on one of these cars while it was in motion, this might not be a bad thing.
And a sizable piece fell off one as well.
And AGAIN, it happened ONCE, in 2018, and never happened again…I mean, be real, do you REALLY think Disney would do anything to put their guests at risk especially NOW with DeSantis breathing down Mickey’s neck?

Trauma

And AGAIN, it happened ONCE, in 2018, and never happened again…I mean, be real, do you REALLY think Disney would do anything to put their guests at risk especially NOW with DeSantis breathing down Mickey’s neck?
We have heard from insiders here about an overall reduction in maintenance. I don’t know if that is true or not.

I have heard some express concerns about the safety of space mountain although I have no idea if those concerns have any basis in reality.

When people hear things like reduction in maintenance, I’m sure safety is something that comes to mind.

Trauma

We probably speak with the same people. The impression I get is that it's more to do with staffing and logistics than actual standards being cut.
Well I think we can certainly agree that any accident at Disney causing severe injury to a guest would open a can of worms right now.

I would hope they make sure they have more than adequate staff to uphold their proven safety standards.

Smiley/OCD

We have heard from insiders here about an overall reduction in maintenance. I don’t know if that is true or not.

I have heard some express concerns about the safety of space mountain although I have no idea if those concerns have any basis in reality.

When people hear things like reduction in maintenance, I’m sure safety is something that comes to mind.
There’s a BIG difference in reduction in maintenance and reduction in SAFETY…reduction in maintenance could be something as basic as washing the outside of the cars every other day as opposed to daily. Again, TWDC is NOT going to put their reputation and the lives of their guests at risk…

Trauma

There’s a BIG difference in reduction in maintenance and reduction in SAFETY…reduction in maintenance could be something as basic as washing the outside of the cars every other day as opposed to daily. Again, TWDC is NOT going to put their reputation and the lives of their guests at risk…
You are correct but I was referencing the optics of the statement.

If the average person hears that United has a reduction of maintenance on their airplanes they might fly another airlines.

Maybe I’m not explaining myself well.

My point is it sounds bad even though it isn’t, at least as it pertains to safety.

lazyboy97o

There are plenty of proper discussions that can be had regarding maintenance and regulatory oversight. This is not one of them. Continuing to try and make it out into a possible positive only serves to legitimize the motivation you claim to not support.

Trauma

There are plenty of proper discussions that can be had regarding maintenance and regulatory oversight. This is not one of them. Continuing to try and make it out into a possible positive only serves to legitimize the motivation you claim to not support.
I’m not trying to make this out as a positive.

Where did I do that?

I was just posting what I heard about maintenance.

Others have heard the same.

Lots of things can be true at once.

Disney can be reducing maintenance on non safety related items.

The monorails can be completely safe.

I think it relevant to point out that at a time that you are under attack with safety inspections, it’s not good optics to have rumors of reduction in maintenance.

LSLS

But for your logic to extend the analogy, you would have to argue that Disney and RCID are "associates," which is exactly the opposite of what Disney has claimed in the past.

I just think it's a stretch for Disney to spend decades saying "RCID is a neutral third party, they're not a puppet government controlled by our corporation" and then turn around and claim "woah woah woah, an attack on them is an attack on us."

It's not though. I would think it's a pretty easy case to make that the elected board was elected to serve the voters in the district.

peter11435

But for your logic to extend the analogy, you would have to argue that Disney and RCID are "associates," which is exactly the opposite of what Disney has claimed in the past.

I just think it's a stretch for Disney to spend decades saying "RCID is a neutral third party, they're not a puppet government controlled by our corporation" and then turn around and claim "woah woah woah, an attack on them is an attack on us."
Still doing this?

It’s not a stretch. They were very clear. They went after Reedy Creek in order to punish Disney. They have told you this. Believe them.

Lilofan

Reduction in maintenance may mean upkeep ( painting, rehab, may be more visual decline of parks and resorts, not working items in parks attractions etc ). These are not safety related.

Trauma

Reduction in maintenance may mean upkeep ( painting, rehab, may be more visual decline of parks and resorts, not working items in parks attractions etc ). These are not safety related.
Correct.

Maybe I’m not doing a good job, I’m terrible with words, but I’m just pointing out the optics or how that sounds to the average person.

Smiley/OCD

I would think falsifying an inspection report for something pertaining to public safety and mass transit would but illegal.

These “inspectors” hate Disney so much they are willing to suffer legal consequences?

I think you are a little into conspiracy theory land with this.
I don’t think ANYONE posting here is accusing the state inspectors of falsifying information JUST to satisfy the governor…BUT, there are allowances and ranges that equipment can fall into to be deemed satisfactory and/or acceptable…there are margins of error. Maybe inspectors will be given direction that where the tolerance was +\- 10%, and inspector will fail something that is 10.1% or 9%? It’s close enough to fail even though it’s within the margin of error?
That, I think COULD happen. Maybe the inspector will check allowances an additional 3 times just to triple check when they know full well that it passed just to delay the inspection?
There’s SO many ways that small, insignificant details can be stretched out to just torment the Mouse…will it happen? Maybe…Could it happen? ABSOLUTELY.
They’re not being dishonest, they’re just MUCH less tolerant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom