Demolition of Catastrophe Canyon has begun...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Going a lot quicker than I thought it would :) but thinking that they're going full tilt on this is that they'll use this area for the ground breaking media event. Would kind of fit in line after clearing this space and before getting started on the demo of LMA they'll have a ground breaking media event there.

At the risk of being a Debbie downer, the speed of the progress isn't surprising. This is a single task, given to a single contractor, so there is no reason for it to not move along smoothly. I will fell more optimistic about the progress of the overall project if after this task they move immediately on to the next one.

gmajew

Premium Member
At the risk of being a Debbie downer, the speed of the progress isn't surprising. This is a single task, given to a single contractor, so there is no reason for it to not move along smoothly. I will fell more optimistic about the progress of the overall project if after this task they move immediately on to the next one.

I agree Demo is fast always is sad something so cool comes down so fast really.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I agree Demo is fast always is sad something so cool comes down so fast really.

:(

Horizons_Full_767.jpg

TyrantBoss

There's no demo in this photo? Has the canyon always looked like this near the tram exit, to me that looked like rock work starting come down.

View attachment 130745
That's the biggest problem with this board.
If you post anything the loyalist, pretentious, Disney know-it-alls have to jump all over you to make themselves feel more important. Clearly their lives are lacking importance and control so they try to exhibit some kind of control here.

They are just a bunch of sad clowns.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's the biggest problem with this board.
If you post anything the loyalist, pretentious, Disney know-it-alls have to jump all over you to make themselves feel more important. Clearly their lives are lacking importance and control so they try to exhibit some kind of control here.

They are just a bunch of sad clowns.

I am not sure what you are getting at in this case. I made a comment that actual demo of the canyon had not started at that point, @Rteetz posted a response asking about something he observed in the pictures, and I followed up with evidence that showed that what he observed has always been that way. The was a totally respectful discussion. I won't deny that some people to sometimes get out of hand, but this wasn't one of those cases.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Seriously, though.... Those trams.. I don't understand why Disney can't use them for unique transportation!

I say use them as parking trams for HS as a small tribute to the original idea of the park! There's no need to just let them sit and rot. Especially if they look nicer than the current parking trams.

dstrawn9889

Seriously, though.... Those trams.. I don't understand why Disney can't use them for unique transportation!

I say use them as parking trams for HS as a small tribute to the original idea of the park! There's no need to just let them sit and rot. Especially if they look nicer than the current parking trams.
GONE already... and you need CMs at the doorsides to load/unload.

dstrawn9889

Sad..

And nah.. they would just need to take those big things off and brace small doors on the sides .
says a structural engineer? the sides of the tram were more than just keeping ppl from falling out, they are just like the doors of your car, INTEGRAL to the structure and safety of the vehicle (and not just from falling out, but for crush and impact survivability)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom