deluxe studios or 2 mods?

ucanfly

I'm planning for a party of 6, and we could either book 2 moderate rooms (using a pin code) or 2 deluxe studios using a friend's dvc points (at saratoga or key west) for about $400 more.

Anyone feel strongly one way or another ?
I really wanted to stay in WL but these options just seem way better financially; hopefully next trip i could test it out!

thanks for the help! :wave:

DisneyJoe

2 moderates:

- 2 rooms with 2 double beds in each room, unless you book King rooms or book at Coronado Springs which has queen beds - everyone gets to sleep on a real bed

2 deluxe studios:

- each room will have 1 queen bed and 1 sofa bed (at least at SSR, not sure about OKW) - someone will need to sleep on a sofa bed in each room.
- each room has a kitchenette...

How many adults and children in your party?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Keep in mind that the DVC units via points dont have several of the amenities that you would get at a regular resort room such as maid service making up your bed, cleaning your room, and giving your fresh towels daily. Also in the Studio units they dont have washing machines/dryers although they are located on the property. As an alternative did you price out how much the Studio units would be with the PIN Offer and see if that is comparable? If you reserve the units that way you do get the maid service daily, so it is certainly a consideration. Have a great day!!! Marie

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

2 moderates:

- 2 rooms with 2 double beds in each room, unless you book King rooms or book at Coronado Springs which has queen beds - everyone gets to sleep on a real bed

2 deluxe studios:

- each room will have 1 queen bed and 1 sofa bed (at least at SSR, not sure about OKW) - someone will need to sleep on a sofa bed in each room.

Agreed about the bedding situation, which is why that type of set up doesnt work for the groups of people I travel with. No one wants to sleep on a pull out bed!!! I have heard they are comfy but I'd rather have a regular bed be it full or queen size. Marie

Upvote 0

ucanfly

Original Poster
Thanks for all the helpful feedback everyone! It will be all adults in our party.

Another option could be a 2 bedroom villa or the cabins at fort wilderness as someone already suggested.

I think I'll dissect this thread tonight and create a large pros and cons. gotta love planning :)

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Another option could be a 2 bedroom villa or the cabins at fort wilderness as someone already suggested.

The cabins at fort wilderness gives you a double bed and bunk beds in the bedroom (sleeping 4), and then a murphy bed in the living room, sleeping 2; for a total of 6.

I'm not sure if the bunks were meant for adults.

The 2 bedroom villa can sleep 8, 2 of which are on the sofa bed, so that would give everyone either a king bed or a queen to sleep in - and a full kitchen.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

2 moderates:

2 deluxe studios:

Old Key West is the only DVC villa where the Studios have 2 queen sized beds, as opposed to a queen sized bed and a sleeper sofa. OKW studios are also the biggest of all the DVC studios at 390 feet. On the flip-flop OKW is one of the least "Disney-ish" resorts, if you're looking for a theme that makes you feel like "wow, I'm in Disney World." And I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing, but some people prefer to immerse themselves in the Disney "magic."

SSR Studios are also bigger than any of the mods, if only a little bit. I believe CBR rooms are the biggest mod rooms at 340 sq. ft., the rest of the mods tend to be 314 sq. ft., and SSR studios are 355. Another nice option in staying at SSR - not only are there boats to/from Downtown Disney, but there are also walkways. Staying in the Congress Park section, it's less than a 10 minute walk to the Marketplace bus stops. If you like being able to visit other resorts during your stay, go to their restaurants, check out the savanna at AKL, etc., walking to the Marketplace bus stops is one of the easiest options outside of staying in the Contemporary and walking to the MK bus stops.

I like the mods (OK, CBR isn't really my style), but were I in the OP's situation, I'd probably opt for getting in 2 Studios. But I'd also see how much more it would be to stay in any of the other DVC Villas, too. A standard view studio at Boardwalk is about the same amount of points (maybe a few more, depending on the season) as a studio at OKW or SSR. A Value Studio at VAK uses even less points, though the rooms are closer ion size to the moderates (314 sq. ft.)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom