deleted

Kamikaze

But didn’t those kids in Episode 7 make-believe with brooms as light sabres, so myth or not -the kids still knew enough about it to “practice” ...?

I think they’d be shooting themselves in the foot to remove JTA. As to where they put it, once they retheme Star Tours to some other IP, it would have to move somewhere. GE makes more sense theme wise, if not canon wise. Which I can now understand.

Thats episode 8, after Luke stood up to the First Order and showed he still existed. Even if it was after that, there still isn't an academy or Jedi to be the trainers.

Jedi Training isn't being removed. It also doesn't belong inside GE.

nickys

Premium Member
Thats episode 8, after Luke stood up to the First Order and showed he still existed.

Jedi Training isn't being removed. It also doesn't belong inside GE.

I don’t disagree - now that it’s actually been explained. But did you see my ETA. Since the MF was thought to be unflyable, how do they explain an MF ride before Episode 7?

LittleBuford

They've promised since the announcement that the land would be immersive, canon, and fit in the story. The leeway is that we get to go there from walking into a theme park.

Fair enough. I’m a rather casual Star Wars fan, so thematic inconsistencies of that sort wouldn’t bother me. I think Disney would have done better not to limit themselves with such promises. Elsewhere in the parks, the theming is generally more accommodating and flexible (and always has been).

Ciciwoowoo

It would be fairly lucrative for Disney to package a "Become a Jedi" makeover, complete with training package for only $299!

I think a lot of Star Wars fans would jump at the opportunity.

Kamikaze

I don’t disagree - now that it’s actually been explained. But did you see my ETA. Since the MF was thought to be unflyable, how do they explain an MF ride before Episode 7?

What do you think 'ETA' stands for?

She wasn't shocked or thought it was unflyable. She didn't know it was the Falcon. She knew about the Falcon. She just thought it was junk - which is exactly what Luke thought, too.

Kamikaze

The land is supposed to take place prior to Episode 7. In Episode 7 it's made pretty clear that most people believe the Jedi and the force are just myths. I guess you could spin a story to have some training in secret, but it's not a clean fit.

Slight correction. Its after TLJ.

SirLink

Did you miss something out? What universe is SW: GE in? Why can’t JTA fit into it? If you have kids in the land, why can’t they train to be Jedi there?

Really don’t get this. If we are in this immersive land, why could the Jedi not be there Training the next generation?

'Cause they want everything to be in Star Wars EU to make sense and as Batuu to be consistent with Star Wars story division.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
They've promised since the announcement that the land would be immersive, canon, and fit in the story. The leeway is that we get to go there from walking into a theme park.

What will cosplayer purists do when they see the first evidence of Disney reneging on their promise?

Are people so myopic to believe Disney won’t include references to future Star Wars films in their dedicated Star Wars Land?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Slight correction. Its after TLJ.

Do we know that for sure? I got the information from the Wikipedia article but I didn't check the two sources for that piece of information, neither of which backs it up.

If it does take place after TLJ, then that opens the door for the Jedi training academy in the land, they would just have to modify the story a bit so it's not kind of organized training academy.

In, the end, I don't think "what fits" will actually have much bearing on things since I think they will start breaking from the total immersion things pretty quickly.

SirLink

What will cosplayer purists do when they see the first evidence of Disney reneging on their promise?

Are people so myopic to believe Disney won’t include references to future Star Wars films in their dedicated Star Wars Land?

Well they will have references as in the 'residents' talking about elsewhere in the galaxy and possible upgrades to MF attraction over time.

Because Batuu may not be the only Star Wars land they are building on Planet Earth?

Back to the original point - when Disney renegs, then more evidence that Disney is declining by vertical cliffs.

Missing20K

THREE WORDS:

Barbie with a pink lightsaber.

giphy.gif

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Well thank the lords Disney don't own Mattel, also do you want a situation where anyone high up from Lucas Film tries to launch a Save Disney campaign because that is what they will do.

Save current Disney from what? A primary business model of making low-risk acquisitions and milking them as they have for over a decade? Lucasfilm is party to that.

drod1985

The land is supposed to take place prior to Episode 7.

As Kamikaze already said, it's talking place after TLJ.

Do we know that for sure?

Yup, thanks to this map from a Lucasfilm publication.

pkzti2z863o11.png

If it does take place after TLJ, then that opens the door for the Jedi training academy in the land, they would just have to modify the story a bit so it's not kind of organized training academy.

Exactly, and pretty much just as I described earlier in the thread. Kylo can canonically make an appearance and there's no reason why we can't have another Force user playing the Jedi Master role in Galaxy's Edge. It's blatantly said that Rey won't be the Last Jedi, and other Force users exist.

For a theme park, I think a little bit of leeway is to the guests’ benefit (even if it risks offending a few purists).

Bingo. Having a build-your-own-lightsaber shop doesn't make sense in strict canon. But it's gonna be there in Galaxy's Edge because its first and foremost a theme park. There's going to be a lot of leeway and wiggle room. I'm a diehard lifelong Star Wars fan, but I know there's going to be some compromise with this "in story" world and universe. And honestly: bring it on. That makes it more enjoyable for average guests, and I prefer to enjoy Star Wars with friends and family.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
As Kamikaze already said, it's talking place after TLJ.

Yup, thanks to this map from a Lucasfilm publication.

View attachment 319441

Exactly, and pretty much just as I described earlier in the thread. Kylo can canonically make an appearance and there's no reason why we can't have another Force user playing the Jedi Master role in Galaxy's Edge. It's blatantly said that Rey won't be the Last Jedi, and other Force users exist.

Bingo. Having a build-your-own-lightsaber shop doesn't make sense in strict canon. But it's gonna be there in Galaxy's Edge because its first and foremost a theme park. There's going to be a lot of leeway and wiggle room. I'm a diehard lifelong Star Wars fan, but I know there's going to be some compromise with this "in story" world and universe. And honestly: bring it on. That makes it more enjoyable for average guests, and I prefer to enjoy Star Wars with friends and family.

Thanks for an official source on that.

SirLink

Save current Disney from what? A primary business model of making low-risk acquisitions and milking them as they have for over a decade? Lucasfilm is party to that.

Fox shareholders, Murdochs, Iger, Chapek, Wall street. To name but a few of the payers the Studio division hates, the parks and consumer products hate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom