deleted

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Apparently the site (the one that must not be named) that first posted this WDW rumor (not Disneyland announcement) has retracted it and noted on his site that Jedi will remain as of the moment anyhow. It was previously reported by the Pirate man that he was on that conference call and Jedi was not mentioned.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
It wouldn't surprise me if Star Wars stuff around the park was phased out so that by the time Galaxy's Edge opened all the Star Wars experiences (with the exception of fireworks and Star Tours) will be inside Galaxy's Edge.

It wouldn't be difficult to quickly/cheaply replace Launch Bay, Jedi Traning Academy, Path of the Jedi, and the streetmosphere/hub shows by Galaxy's Edge opening. Plus a bit of downtime saves on labor and it gives them new experiences besides Star Wars to advertise to help spread crowds around.

Yankee Mouse

If they do close it and bring it back with changes, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it come back as an upcharge event with some "new stuff" to justify charging. I am sure Disney sees the popularity and sees a missed opportunity for easy money, and I imagine that popularity will only increase with SW:GE opening.

One change I would like to see though is advance reservations. I have to plan everything else but with this I still need to get there early enough to sign my daughter up, and she LOVES this experience so it is a must-do for us.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It wouldn't surprise me if Star Wars stuff around the park was phased out so that by the time Galaxy's Edge opened all the Star Wars experiences (with the exception of fireworks and Star Tours) will be inside Galaxy's Edge.

It wouldn't be difficult to quickly/cheaply replace Launch Bay, Jedi Traning Academy, Path of the Jedi, and the streetmosphere/hub shows by Galaxy's Edge opening. Plus a bit of downtime saves on labor and it gives them new experiences besides Star Wars to advertise to help spread crowds around.

Since GE is supposed to be an immersive environment, Path of the Jedi and a lot of the stuff in the Launch Bay wouldn't make sense in the land.

SirLink

At the moment its the reverse of that, current marketing campaigns they are testing put it across as a whole park for Star Wars.

Plus they need everything Star Wars to help disperse the crowds from being wait times to get into the land and then wait times to go on a ride which could take around 6 hours conservative estimates, they have internally, to just go on one ride.

drod1985

Since GE is supposed to be an immersive environment, Path of the Jedi and a lot of the stuff in the Launch Bay wouldn't make sense in the land.

Agreed that Launch Bay wouldn't make sense at all, but I think Path of the Jedi could fit story wise as long as they don't feature Vader anymore - Kylo's going to be featured in the land so they can use Kylo instead.

Isn't there a Resistance/Ancient Ruins area just North of the Battle Escape Attraction? Sounds like the perfect place for the show to move to. Resistance members and a new Jedi are recruiting, queue the children, Kylo Ren comes out and fights them instead of Vader. Done. Simple, low cost attraction to help ease the crowding burden.

nickys

Premium Member
Can't. SW:GE is in universe. Jedi Training Academy cannot fit into that universe.

Did you miss something out? What universe is SW: GE in? Why can’t JTA fit into it? If you have kids in the land, why can’t they train to be Jedi there?

Really don’t get this. If we are in this immersive land, why could the Jedi not be there Training the next generation?

Kamikaze

Did you miss something out? What universe is SW: GE in? Why can’t JTA fit into it? If you have kids in the land, why can’t they train to be Jedi there?

Really don’t get this. If we are in this immersive land, why could the Jedi not be there Training the next generation?

Everything that happens has to make sense in universe. There is not a 'Jedi Academy' at the time SW:GE takes place, thus no one can train Jedi at one.

You will not have a Death Star like Star Tours or random dead Sith/Imperials showing up in GE. Because they don't exist at that time in the timeline. Every rando kid being trained as a Jedi is not immersion, because thats not how it works in universe.

It also spreads the crowds from an area that will be limited to a number of guests to other portions of the park.

nickys

Premium Member
Everything that happens has to make sense in universe. There is not a 'Jedi Academy' at the time SW:GE takes place, thus no one can train Jedi at one.

You will not have a Death Star like Star Tours or random dead Sith/Imperials showing up in GE. Because they don't exist at that time in the timeline. Every rando kid being trained as a Jedi is not immersion, because thats not how it works in universe.

It also spreads the crowds from an area that will be limited to a number of guests to other portions of the park.

OK. Slow down. I cannot be the only person who doesn’t know all the ins and outs of Star Wars timelines.

What do you mean by “universe” in this context? So where is Batuu , what movie are we talking about in other words? And what is the time.ine, are all the Jedi gone?

To many people, Star Wars means Jedi. Kylo still had a light sabre, so did Rey. I know we haven’t seen the final outcome but is the land set thousands of years later than Episode IX? In which case, how does the Millenium Falcon still fly?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The land is supposed to take place prior to Episode 7. In Episode 7 it's made pretty clear that most people believe the Jedi and the force are just myths. I guess you could spin a story to have some training in secret, but it's not a clean fit.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
The land is supposed to take place prior to Episode 7. In Episode 7 it's made pretty clear that most people believe the Jedi and the force are just myths. I guess you could spin a story to have some training in secret, but it's no a clean fit.

Thanks for actually explaining things Dan. :)

But didn’t those kids in Episode 7 make-believe with brooms as light sabres, so myth or not -the kids still knew enough about it to “practice” ...?

I think they’d be shooting themselves in the foot to remove JTA. As to where they put it, once they retheme Star Tours to some other IP, it would have to move somewhere. GE makes more sense theme wise, if not canon wise. Which I can now understand.

ETA I seem to remember Rey being pretty shocked when the MF turned up. How are they going to explain a MF ride if at the time it was thought it had long since perished or was at least an old rust bucket? ;)

Kamikaze

For the films, I get it. For a theme park, I think a little bit of leeway is to the guests’ benefit (even if it risks offending a few purists).

They've promised since the announcement that the land would be immersive, canon, and fit in the story. The leeway is that we get to go there from walking into a theme park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom