deleted

hpyhnt 1000

Nice video - thanks!

Weirdly, the updated lighting effects for the lamppost stars are the highlight for me. Rather impressed with the various colors and patterns they can achieve.

Honestly, I almost feel this whole thing could be just as, if not more, effective if they just covered the palms with Christmas lights and had them change color in sync to some holiday music. Between that and the fake snow and maybe some subtle lighting changes on ToT courtesy of the projectors, you'd have a pretty festive area without the awkward dead time between each vignette (and without completely sacrificing the exterior theming of ToT).

Cmdr_Crimson

Think of the raves!!

OCbUosX.gif

(For after hours parties.)

Imagine what they could do for Halloween.

See this thread: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/why-cant-our-tower-of-terror-dance.929095/page-2#post-7792250
[/QUOTE]

Well....2 Unlimited had their song in the 90's...Time for it to make a comeback...:D:cool:

DisneyDrum

I just don't understand why they didn't give the show a storyline. It's a lot of clips just stuck together-some of which are surprisingly good and some of which are slow and boring. If they did an intro like "Prep and Landing can make everywhere festive - even this haunted hotel" it would have been so much better.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hope they use it for Halloween next year.

Indeed there's a lot of fun stuff they could do with it for Halloween.

But even for the ordinary time of the years, it'd be fun to see a projection of the tower at night as it was and then get hit by lightning every 30 minutes and, in between, a little sparks and smoke here and there.

YodaMan

Any CMs see Jingle Bell Jingle Bam last night? Any changes?

The only change I noticed with the projections was a very minor addition. In the second "segment" set to "The Christmas Song," one of the short clips is a still from Olaf's Frozen Adventure. Otherwise everything else is (sadly) identical to last year.

Cmdr_Crimson

Indeed there's a lot of fun stuff they could do with it for Halloween.

But even for the ordinary time of the years, it'd be fun to see a projection of the tower at night as it was and then get hit by lightning every 30 minutes and, in between, a little sparks and smoke here and there.
Pretty much how Tokyo Disney Seas TOT has a lighting effect of Shikiri Untundu striking the elevator..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
FYI... the music:

Toy Story
  • Toyland
  • March of the Toys*

Muppets
  • It’s a Marshmallow World
  • We Wish You a Merry Christmas

Frozen
  • That Time of Year
  • Here We Come A-wassailing

Mickey’s Christmas
  • Deck the Halls
  • O Christmas Tree (O Tannenbaum)

*From the operetta/movie Babes in Toyland, aka March of the Wooden Soldiers, and not be confused with "March (and Gallop) of the Children" from Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

FYI... the music:

Toy Story
  • Toyland
  • March of the Toys*

Muppets
  • It’s a Marshmallow World
  • We Wish You a Merry Christmas

Frozen
  • That Time of Year
  • Here We Come A-wassailing

Mickey’s Christmas
  • Deck the Halls
  • O Christmas Tree (O Tannenbaum)

*From the play/movie Babes in Toyland, aka March of the Wooden Soldiers, and not be confused with "March of the Toy Soldiers" from Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker.
IMO, they missed a wonderful opportunity to put the Mickey's Christmas Carol theme in Mickey's segment!

Also, I wonder why Anna and Elsa wasn't in Olaf's segment?

WDWFREAK53

Maybe it was my expectations...but this seems pretty lackluster. I think I was expecting something that you would go over to the park specifically for. Compared to the projections on the Castle, the Tree of Life, and the Chinese Theater, these seem like they took a step back. The best parts of this show, IMO, are the physical things (palm trees, stars, snow...)

TDLFan

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This new holiday offering was described by the creative director as "something that will blow people's minds." The Studios had arguably one of the world's most impressive holiday displays, so the fact that the director described this newest addition in such a way is what really "blows my mind." That's a tall order to fill. You use that lingo for Galaxy's Edge but not for wrapping paper overlays.

Cmdr_Crimson

The problem is it looks more like a demo showing "Hey we can put this here and look what it could do!" Blow the snow and second song with minor movements on the tower..It was getting boring after muppets with the same sequence display, snow, second song..Out all the stuff on the digital screen however Swedish chef's gingerbread making was the only thing that was made specially for the show as the majority of other clips can be found pretty easily...Like the Buzz And Woody opening for example...

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Sunset Seasons Greetings wasn't awful. If you're going in there with the mindset that this is a replacement for TOFSDL, then yes you will be extremely disappointed. It's not mind-blowing or Earth shattering by any means. It's a cute holiday show. That's it. In my opinion, the ToT is a good canvas for the projections. The best viewing areas I feel are near Fairfax Fare and Hollywood Scoops. From RNRC courtyard you don't get a great view.

My biggest issue with it was the juxtaposition between the "cute and happy" projections and music and the screams as the doors opened on the ToT. As mentioned by another poster, this makes it lose it's effect. Also, I can see how going down Sunset Blvd is going to become an utter disaster once the holiday season really ramps up and people stop to watch the show. Last and certainly not least are the dessert offerings. Skip them. That is all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom