deleted

SpoiledBlueMilk

Careful now, 45 degrees is a heat wave to us North Dakotans (close enough to Canada). We're the ones at the water parks when it's 65 and sunny.
I always enjoy the looks the local or deep southern park goers give me when I show up at WDW in December wearing shorts and flip flops. Sorry - but I'm escaping 30 degree temperatures in DC - I'll take an opportunity to wear shorts wherever and whenever possible! 50 degree temperature Florida nights included!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I always enjoy the looks the local or deep southern park goers give me when I show up at WDW in December wearing shorts and flip flops. Sorry - but I'm escaping 30 degree temperatures in DC - I'll take an opportunity to wear shorts wherever and whenever possible! 50 degree temperature Florida nights included!

As we who live in the "deep south" enjoy listening to folks complain about it being hot in the 70's and really start to ratchet up the whining every degree above 80.

SpoiledBlueMilk

As we who live in the "deep south" enjoy listening to folks complain about it being hot in the 70's and really start to ratchet up the whining every degree above 80.
That's the thing about DC - it's New England in the winter and the Low Country in summer. I prefer hotter and humid, so 90 degrees with 90 percent humidity is my kind of thing.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
That's the thing about DC - it's New England in the winter and the Low Country in summer. I prefer hotter and humid, so 90 degrees with 90 percent humidity is my kind of thing.

I use to live in Roslyn across the Key Bridge overlooking Roosevelt Island for 5 years so I know the climate well. Thats ok, the teeming masses and cost of living I can live without. Nothing like walking across the Potomac on the ice.

ninjaprincesst

Oof, I have to at least partially side with her. As someone with claustrophobia, if you jam me in too tight, I too would freak out. Happened in line for the Imagination show. I can usually sense it is about to get bad and avoid the situation, but for some reason this line, correction, mob scene, just kept getting tighter and tighter until people were pressing on all sides of me. They were hot, sweaty, and stinky, and I just couldn't take it. I pushed thru a few people on the left and on over the cement wall I scampered. A CM attempted to correct me, but saw how twitchy I was, and let me go ahead and exit on out. This line was not light parade dense. It was not bus ride dense. It got Tokyo subway at rush hour dense. Probably unsafe level of dense imho.
Me too that is one of the things I hate about Disney "move forward and fill in all the available space", I need personal space , us people with claustrophobia can't handle being crammed in with a bunch of people.

disneyworlddad

Or you know you could have the best of both worlds (he said sarcastically) and live near me by St. Louis. 90's with high humidity in the summer and below freezing temps in the winter!

nmsunny

Not necessarily overheard, since it was in a show, but this was too good not to share. The last time I was at the parks, I was watching the Indiana Jones stunt show, and it came to the part where they picked people from the audience to go up and participate. One of the guys that got picked had a really deep voice, and the cast member was asking the usual questions, what's your name, where are you from, etc. when she goes, "Wow, you have a great voice! Are you a DJ or something?" And the guy spits out this gem:
"Actually, I'm a phone sex operator." o_O

A few years ago when DH and I were staying at VWL, a young kid came up to us and asked if we were English (DH was wearing a CFC shirt). We politely replied, confirming that we were. He then proceeded to ask if we 'spoke English in England'. We didn't quite know what to say.........

Another one.....

We were at DAK doing one of my favourite things - the Pangani Trail. We were standing watching the Meerkats (gotta love 'em) when we were joined by a class of young children and their teacher. The teacher proceeded to explain to the Children that they were looking at Prairie Dogs! She obviously noticed us snickering and whispered 'they are Prairie Dogs, right? We explained her error and she, rather sheepishly, thanked us and turned to address her class.

However, before she got the chance, a Cast Member who had overheard our conversation spoke up...

' Well Children, you are now looking at the Meerkats from Africa. And, as a special treat, they have all dressed up in their Prairie Dog costumes for Halloween, just for you!'

DH and I could not stop laughing!!

Last edited:

Delgado

Hey now, that was us in January. It was cold enough on the middle day of the trip, that I had to break down and buy a light hoodie.

It was So so cold during a few days in our January trip. I'm from the Midwest and had sweatpants and a hoodie on! The park didn't close til 3a and there was no way we were leaving. It was too much fun. Side not: I had never been so cold on Astro orbiter. Streaming tears and all!!!! but what an awesome view with barely anyone in the park!!!! Still the best trip ever! (Aren't they all?:D)

I thought that it was actually an elevator in Disneyland. I know it isn't in WDW.

It is an elevator at Disneyland. The ride building is on the opposing side of the DLRR train tracks from the mansion entrance. Elevator down, hallway underneath the train tracks, and enter your doom buggy. I do find it interesting how they try to make the effect the same without the use of an elevator at MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom