deleted

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I have a really bad one that I'm embarrassed about.

In college, my boyfriend and I drove down to Disney for a day with a group of friends. On the way, we stopped at a taco joint and my BF got Tacos di lingu (beef tongue tacos) WELL, I don't know what happened but they did something VERY foul to his stomach.

This is the bad part, were standing in probably a 30/40 minute line for pirates. Deep in the caves and all of us starting gagging because this wafting, horrid smell keeps drifting and engulfing us. I mean, it was BAD. These are college aged men so they were not prissy, and everyone was holding their shirt over their noses and gagging. Everyone thought it was some jerk in front of us. Our friend announced, angrily with watery red eyes "I can't believe someone keeps doing this! Blowing their nasty load with absolutely no consideration for the people behind them!!" Kind of like aggressively loud enough, hoping to shame the "culprit" in front of us to stop.

It was my boyfriend the whole time, shooting beef-tongue SBDs (silent but deadlies). He told me later and I've kept his secret TO THIS DAY! But I still laugh remembering all of us being tortured in the Pirates caves
I know they probably tasted great, but the idea of tacos de lingua makes me speculate that perhaps the person eating them deserves whatever happens to them.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Oh man, do I have a good one. During my June 2016 trip, I was at AKL's pool, and I was behind 2 boys for the slide. Well, the first boy( closest to le slide) was wearing a huge life jacket, floaties on both arms and legs, and HUGE goggles. Well, before going down the slide, he started pulling off the floaters and sending it down the slide! As he does this, he yells, "IT'S TIME TO GO COMMANDO!". Well, second person, now mortified, says, "If you go full commando, I will jump off this railing and risk my life". Yeah, that takes the cake for weirdest thing ever.

MississippiBelle

"Mommy, what's the Dinosaur ride like?"
"It's not a ride, it's just a show"
*walks into queue*

Said by my mom to me at the ripe old age of 3. I knew some people were looking at her oddly for a reason.

Classic "they'll love it once they are on it, but not if they know what it is first" parenting move. Our parents must have taken the same class.

MississippiBelle

Side story: my brother was so traumatized by the Terminator show in Universal (granted, my parents actually didn't know how scary it was) that he would double check that he wasn't going into the "big noobies" anytime we went to any kind of show after that :hilarious: as long as we reassured him that it was just a "little noobie" then he would be okay. Kids can be cute when they want to be!

nakedgrandpa

A few years ago, I was riding Dinosaur at AK. I love this ride. I was in the back of the vehicle and in front of us was a teenage girl, teenage boy, and what looked to be their mother. So EVERY turn we took, every dinosaur we saw, this girl would scream at the top of her lungs. I understand the ride has a few startling scenes but come on. The boy is laughing hysterically and I'm behind them being annoyed. The ride ends and we ride up to get off and the boy is laughing and the girl is hitting him and they look back at us with looks of annoyance on our faces and the girl says "He told me they could TOUCH ME!" After that I thought it was hilarious.

I also remember during the same trip seeing a dad giving his roughly 5-year-old son a bottle of Coke to drink while waiting in line for Peter Pan at 11:30 at night to try to get him to stay awake.

Jedi Stitch

Don't know why this amused me, probably because it was just so random and out of place at Disney? Sat near the toilets near Space Mountain waiting for Mrs Merg and some guy was pacing up and down arguing with somebody on his mobile. He appeared to lose his cool and shouted "Well if Brad can't get the concrete he can go and #*£% himself can't he". He paused a couple of seconds before continuing "I'm in #*£%ing Disney World, #*&%ing Disney World".

We ended up just kind of looking at each other as he hung up and he just nodded at me and marched off, it was just bizarre :eek:
I get this one, and at least that guy. I had my company call me in the middle of the trip. My mind was sooo far from work by that moment, I couldn't even comprehend what the problem was. Just said My minds mush, I'm at Disney World, Ill deal with it when I get back.

Michaelson

A couple years ago we were standing in line for the 'Pooh' ride, and a couple in the line next to us apparently noticed I was wearing a chronograph wrist watch (the type with the start/stop buttons) with 3 small register dials that show seconds, minutes and elapsed time. Pretty much ALL chronographs have these dials, and my particular watch had a full white face, so the small register dials were black and stood out in a familiar pattern to Disney fans. The wife nudged her husband and said 'Look at his watch!', not knowing I could hear every word they said. He proceeded to tell her I was one lucky son-of-a-gun, as I was wearing an EXTREMELY rare 'Hidden Mickey' watch that they made back in the 70's right after the opening of Disney World, and that they had made only 3000 of them......etc etc. I didn't hear any more details as the line moved and they climbed on the ride and disappeared into the building. Dang! I had no clue I owned such a rare watch!!!! ;-)

Jedi Stitch

I was on the DLR Monorail. It goes from DLR and the hotel at the time. The grandmother from a multi generational family asks to no one in particular "Is this that monorail that goes to that EPCOT place?" I was with my friends and we were 18 or 19 at the time. I think we embarrassed her with our laughter. Kinda felt bad, but was funny at the time.

WhatJaneSays

"I wonder if the ducks are real?" Spoken by an (apparently sober) adult while waiting for a Friendship boat at Epcot after he just saw a few ducks land in the water. It's been over 10 years, but everyone in my group that heard this still cracks up about it to this day.

MississippiBelle

A couple years ago we were standing in line for the 'Pooh' ride, and a couple in the line next to us apparently noticed I was wearing a chronograph wrist watch (the type with the start/stop buttons) with 3 small register dials that show seconds, minutes and elapsed time. Pretty much ALL chronographs have these dials, and my particular watch had a full white face, so the small register dials were black and stood out in a familiar pattern to Disney fans. The wife nudged her husband and said 'Look at his watch!', not knowing I could hear every word they said. He proceeded to tell her I was one lucky son-of-a-gun, as I was wearing an EXTREMELY rare 'Hidden Mickey' watch that they made back in the 70's right after the opening of Disney World, and that they had made only 3000 of them......etc etc. I didn't hear any more details as the line moved and they climbed on the ride and disappeared into the building. Dang! I had no clue I owned such a rare watch!!!! ;-)

My dad AND my brother have one! Who knew! Bet they could ebay those for a small fortune :rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

I drive shuttle buses for a car rental place, part time, in the evenings. The site is in the airport, but, not in the terminal. Almost every third person that I pick up at the office asks the same question... Do you go to the airport? Not only are we already in the airport, but, where else would I be going in a big bus that says the Company name on the side of it at the airport. I just say..."Sure, why not! Come aboard!" Incidentally, they had to pass by at least 4 giant signs the said, "Welcome to the (Name of Airport)".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom