deleted

JiminyandTink

Well, that comment could have meant staying in Florida for 10 days. At the wrong time of the year those 10 days could be filled with 90+ degree days with 90+ percent humidity and rain at some point every day. Add to that insane crowds at the parks and 10 days could be an eternity for some people.

True, except it was a beautiful October back when crowds weren't so bad that time of year (but point taken, it could have been a number of factors). But it did seem to be said in a way that the resort was a dump (granted, the family may have been accustomed to nicer hotels).

Weather_Lady

This wasn't something "overheard" in the sense that I was part of the intended audience, but one time while we were waiting to board Soarin' (standing in the "B" line), we started chatting with a family of first-time visitors next to us in the "C" line, speculating on the reasons for the several-minute delay that we seemed to be experiencing before boarding. Finally, a CM came in and told us we could now go through the door to the boarding area, "first row C, then B, then A." As the other family headed toward the door, surprised that they'd been called first and saying something about getting "first pick" of the seats, the Dad stopped in the front, took up a dramatic stance with feet planted and fingers pointing directly at the entire row, and said in a booming voice with a big goofy smile, "That's right. In yo' FACE, Row B!" His comedic delivery (and his innocent belief that they'd be getting better seats by entering first) was so hilarious and unexpected that we were laughing about it for the rest of the day.

Last edited:

Launchpad McQuack

This was overheard a couple years ago, and it's more "ridiculous" in the sense of "what a d-bag these guys are" instead of funny...

Waiting to enter the Philharmagic theater, they were giving us the "please move to the end of the row" speech, and this big family group wearing matching tshirts was standing near us. They had a couple really big guys in the group, and one of them was audibly saying to the rest of the group something like "I'll sit wherever I want. I'm going right to the middle. They can try to move me. See what happens."

I know it's a different attraction, but what he was saying was the least patriotic thing I can think of.

Doug Means

Hey
im not sure if this really counts but it sure was funny to me. On my last trip there was a family in line in front of mine waiting for the ToT. The dad had a shirt on that had his name sowed into a small place on the back. Once at a slow point in the line he turned and looked at me. when he did, i acted really started and said "Hey Dave i didn't recognize you" (I didn't know him at all). He looked at me very strange c because i used his 1st name, and said he was sorry but he didn't recognize me. I went through this long elaborate story about how we had met and a business deal, and i think he was even buying it. after a few minutes of him trying to figure it all out, i told him that i saw his name on the back of his shirt. we all had a pretty good laugh about it as we talked through the line.

rob0519

True, except it was a beautiful October back when crowds weren't so bad that time of year (but point taken, it could have been a number of factors). But it did seem to be said in a way that the resort was a dump (granted, the family may have been accustomed to nicer hotels).

Ok, so chances are this was a family that may have been on their first visit to WDW and was used to Four Seasons types of amenities, service and lack of crowds.

KentB3

A shocked father in EPCOT's World Showcase asked his approx. 10 year old daughter "We've been out here all day and you're not wearing underwear under your jeans???!!!!!" :eek: She was wearing blue jean shorts with a T-shirt and flip-flops, and if this were true, no underwear under her blue jean shorts!

Tom P.

During gay days a lonnnnnnnng time ago:

A rotund elderly woman in a wheelchair: "Jesus hates you. Have a blessed day."

Ummmmm.....,thanks for the tip. So nice for her that she had a direct line to heaven and was able to hear directly from Christ. I assumed she was saying the same thing to anyone wearing a red shirt.
I have been a Christian my entire life, and I'm still waiting for anyone to quote me the Bible verse that talks about Christ hating people.

I feel especially sorry for random people who had no idea it was Gay Days and just happened to be wearing a red shirt when that lady came up to them. :banghead:

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Just tonight on the walk back to BLT right when we got to the end of the sidewalk there was an enormous woman standing at the end of it and as I pushed my little girl by in her stroller that woman let out a gigantic burp right in front of us and then STARTED LAUGHING!!!! Not a single "excuse me". Nothing! Who does that?!

FettFan

In my classroom today....

My students had just finished their Social Studies state testing, and we had about a half hour before they needed to switch to their next class. The principal told us we could let them watch a movie since there was no time to do a full lesson.
So naturally, being a Social Studies teacher, I log onto YouTube and find "Disneyland Goes to the World's Fair".

While the intro is playing, one of the students decides she needs to use the restroom, so I allow it. The show starts playing, and she comes back during the "history of fairs" cartoon segment.
The segment ends, and Walt comes on the screen screen talking about how George Eastman's camera made photography more accessible to the public.
Well....the girl's face goes white, and she asks....

Is that...Hitler?

Yes, apparently to 12 year old kids, all older men with moustaches look the exact same.

giphy.gif

Sonic Sunglasses

Just tonight on the walk back to BLT right when we got to the end of the sidewalk there was an enormous woman standing at the end of it and as I pushed my little girl by in her stroller that woman let out a gigantic burp right in front of us and then STARTED LAUGHING!!!! Not a single "excuse me". Nothing! Who does that?!
[in my best Jack Sparrow voice] "Clearly, you've never been to Wal-Mart." :joyfull:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
A shocked father in EPCOT's World Showcase asked his approx. 10 year old daughter "We've been out here all day and you're not wearing underwear under your jeans???!!!!!" :eek: She was wearing blue jean shorts with a T-shirt and flip-flops, and if this were true, no underwear under her blue jean shorts!

Parenting #FAIL for asking an embarassing question like that in public.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom