deleted

BigRedDad

On the elevator at the Polynesian, I heard a mom angrily complaining to her family "I can't believe we have to stay here 10 days!"
Probably another one of those from a Social Circle whose status will go down below the last family that went to Disney World and stayed at Grand Floridian. The conversation kind of goes like this...

Nose tilting upward..."Oh, you stayed there? Hopefully the people were not rude at a place like that and it didn't ruin your vacation."

Snidely remarking as they leave but loud enough to be heard..."Can you believe they could only afford stay in a place like that?"

Wife yelling at husband as she realizes they just moved down the ladder rung..."How could you even take us to a place like that? You knew how our friends were going to look down on us. What are you going to do to get us back, stay for 2 weeks, and stay in the best room at the Grand Floridian?"

LeighM

Most ridiculous? "Excuse me. We need to sit. Could you scoot down?" Said to me by a woman looking to pop in 15 minutes before the afternoon parade at MK as my family and I had been sitting on the wall outside Pecos Bill's for the past hour. My response? "We've been here for an hour now. We're already shoulder-to-shoulder with this family next to us. We're not moving." That is when she proceeded to demand that the other family move. :banghead: A CM finally had to shoo them away.

Something funny? I was going to say "See the first answer above ^^" but... we watched a guest sing (nearly) the entire Gaston song near the statue in New Fantasyland. By the way he was acting he was probably in a theater group. It was hysterical. He was really getting into it.

Same thing happened to us in the same spot during the electrical parade. We had been waiting there for over an hour along with 2 other families. I had allowed the kids from the family behind us to sit in front of us so they could see. Right before it started, when a CM started clearing the street, a woman and her kids tried going under the rope right in front of us (barely missed stepping on the hands of the kids sitting there) and I was like "Excuse me, what do you think you're doing? I don't think so!" She then asked if it would be okay for them to get in front of us. Ummm no!! When no one in that section allowed them in, they moved on down the street, trying the same thing.

rob0519

On the elevator at the Polynesian, I heard a mom angrily complaining to her family "I can't believe we have to stay here 10 days!"

Well, that comment could have meant staying in Florida for 10 days. At the wrong time of the year those 10 days could be filled with 90+ degree days with 90+ percent humidity and rain at some point every day. Add to that insane crowds at the parks and 10 days could be an eternity for some people.

MightyMouse

Anyone who has stayed at Art of Animation and has ordered the Mongolian Fried Fish will know, they grill it up fresh and they will tell you it will take approx 10 minutes before it is ready. Personally, I don't see how this is an issue. I would order my fish and come back 10 minutes later, or I would order the fish and then get the food for my daughter and by the time she is seated my order is prepared. Sounds simple right? And yet every time there were people complaining that it was taking too long.

Well... the quote that made my day: A lady ordered the fish and was politely told it would take a while before it was ready. The lady would not hear of this however wanting her food served immediately and proceeded to give a verbal whiplash to the poor Disney rep. It got to the point where the lady yelled at the rep, "You will put food on my plate RIGHT NOW... <wait for it...> ... BECAUSE I'M FROM TEXAS!!!!" I laughed so hard and being the brat that I am, turned to the Disney rep and mockingly said, "And I'm from Canada where we are all overly polite, so she can have mine!!!!!"

Since1976

This is more funny "strange" than funny "haha."

A 50-something woman was with her daughter at (then) Downtown Disney. The woman approached one of the big, wide pedestrian bridges and exclaimed, "Oh J**** C*****! What is with this place?!?!"

Her daughter, clearly exasperated, approached a CM, composed herself the best she could, and asked: "Is there any way to get around this place without walking over bridges? My mom is deathly afraid of all bridges. For that matter, at the theme parks, which one is the most-pedestrian-bridge-free?"

To his credit, the CM actually spent some time thinking about different ways to get around DTD, and even went through each of the theme parks in his head, imagining walking from land to land.

KraftServices

"Let's go hit the Haunted House and after that, we'll do that Pirate boat thing."

It really burns my craw when I hear people talk about the "haunted house" especially if it's preceded by "my favorite ride is the". How do you get the name wrong when it's your favorite ride?!

Anyway, once I heard some teenager referring to a fountain with utter amazement as an upside-down waterfall. I now refer to all fountains at Disney as upside down waterfalls now so I'm probably someone else's answer to this question.

Jeremy P

Probably another one of those from a Social Circle whose status will go down below the last family that went to Disney World and stayed at Grand Floridian. The conversation kind of goes like this...

Nose tilting upward..."Oh, you stayed there? Hopefully the people were not rude at a place like that and it didn't ruin your vacation."

Snidely remarking as they leave but loud enough to be heard..."Can you believe they could only afford stay in a place like that?"

Wife yelling at husband as she realizes they just moved down the ladder rung..."How could you even take us to a place like that? You knew how our friends were going to look down on us. What are you going to do to get us back, stay for 2 weeks, and stay in the best room at the Grand Floridian?"

LOL meanwhile, I feel fancy when we stay in a moderate over a value resort :jawdrop:

BuddyThomas

During gay days a lonnnnnnnng time ago:

A rotund elderly woman in a wheelchair: "Jesus hates you. Have a blessed day."

Ummmmm.....,thanks for the tip. So nice for her that she had a direct line to heaven and was able to hear directly from Christ. I assumed she was saying the same thing to anyone wearing a red shirt.

breesus

October 2003, DW and I pull oldest out of school, so that four of us may partake in the grand openings of Mickey's Philharmagic, Mission Space, and Wishes. Also, the one and only time we have been able to do MNSSHP. Another caveat, was Julie Andrews was doing a book signing that week also. Anyways, we are in line for the carousel, and we noticed they stopped boarding guest. Honestly, thought something was malfunctioning, when we then see cameras flashing. After about 5 minutes, Julie Andrews comes strolling around with 4-5 security guards and exits right by us. My daughter who was 3 at the time, whispers in my ear, Mary Poppins. I just smiled and had that teary eye, what a moment sensation. Then out of the blue the 10-12 year old girl behind us yells extremely loud to her mom, that's the grandmother from the princess diaries! That's when I realized that things in the World were headed in the wrong direction.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Once, way back when I was in line at Everest, I overheard a guy telling his family that the Yeti was actually Cain from the Bible. Because he killed Abel, God cursed him to live in the mountains as a wild man and he gradually turned into a giant ape-like mutant.
That's one way to look at it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom