deleted

WDWVolFan

I saw a Brazilian woman with a thong bikini at Blizzard Beach.
I'm Brazilian so I understood her telling her family that "these people should just get over it. My is fabulous and it will be out for everyone to see."

The a CM showed up and said her bikini bottoms were not appropriate. She had to go back to her hotel and change. She was ed off and talking really loud in Portuguese how she was the customer so she's always right and that she didn't have any bathing suits that didn't show everyone how fabulous her was and that she had to go buy a new bathing suit. She then proceeded to say that if they had to go shopping, they might as well just go to Walmart and shop the rest of the day.

Yes, Brazilians don't have the equivalent of a one stop shop type of stores such as Walmart and they come here and shop the crap out of Walmart.

Disney tour groups have on their schedule, time slots for shopping at Walmart.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I'm Brazilian so I understood her telling her family that "these people should just get over it. My *** is fabulous and it will be out for everyone to see."

The a CM showed up and said her bikini bottoms were not appropriate. She had to go back to her hotel and change. She was ****ed off and talking really loud in Portuguese how she was the customer so she's always right and that she didn't have any bathing suits that didn't show everyone how fabulous her *** was and that she had to go buy a new bathing suit. She then proceeded to say that if they had to go shopping, they might as well just go to Walmart and shop the rest of the day.

Yes, Brazilians don't have the equivalent of a one stop shop type of stores such as Walmart and they come here and shop the crap out of Walmart.

I don't believe your story for one minute. I am going to have to see photographic proof!!! ;)

RiceCrispyMickey

On a previous trip a few years ago, a little girl ran up to the manatee tank in the seas screaming 'grandma a WALRUS'... Grandma did correct her thankfully but I still say 'lets go see the walrus' every time we go now!!

Ralphlaw

Just different thinking my friend. You don't understand why someone would assume that going to a "fun" theme park would require an inquisition before going there, and I don't see why it would ever occur to them that they would. As someone that has been going there for 34 years. I just don't see how I can assume that they would know that all that planning was required to take a simple vacation to a theme park. I know it does now, but, if I had never been or if I didn't frequent boards like this one I surely would not know. Those same people don't even know that Disney boards exist. Why would they if they really weren't obsessed yet?

I told this story before... I had a friend a few years back that I even tried to help on their first trip. Gave them videos and brochures, the works. They said they looked through it and made reservations and then made the trip. On their return, when asked how they like it, I got bombarded with how awful the place was and that they were never going back. They walked around MK and Epcot for a week and never saw anything but a lot of buildings and some kids rides (carousel and Dumbo, etc.). I asked didn't you see PoTC or Haunted Mansion... the reply was that they saw the buildings, but, that those were nothing more then gift shops like all the rest of the buildings were. What a rip-off they thought. Now granted there was a whole lot of stupid involved with that situation, but, there's a whole lot of stupid floating around in general.

They said that next year they were going on a cruise. I asked if they planned on just standing on the dock and waving to the ship as it sailed away. What idiots.

When we went the first time, I was working mega hours right up until the day we left. My wife did all the research, and knew just about everything that would be expected with a zip through the Unofficial Guide. I was not on top of things much, but I knew that there were 4 parks and I kind of knew what attractions were sort of in each park. We had a great time because my wife did the research. However, even with that, some of the blunders that I'm seeing here would never have happened to me. Yeah, some people show up perhaps for a day or two on their way to the ocean or to see relatives in Florida, but the people who have no desire to explore beyond the gift shops to see if a ride might be hiding back there is just plain ludicrous. Confession: When we went the first time, we were unaware of (or uninterested in) Livin' with the Land or El Rio Die Tiempo or the France movie or the China movie or the American Adventure. My mother, who was along at the time, would have loved them. Oh well. Live and learn.

I don't believe your story for one minute. I am going to have to see photographic proof!!! ;)

Agreed.

Goofyernmost

When we went the first time, I was working mega hours right up until the day we left. My wife did all the research, and knew just about everything that would be expected with a zip through the Unofficial Guide. I was not on top of things much, but I knew that there were 4 parks and I kind of knew what attractions were sort of in each park. We had a great time because my wife did the research. However, even with that, some of the blunders that I'm seeing here would never have happened to me. Yeah, some people show up perhaps for a day or two on their way to the ocean or to see relatives in Florida, but the people who have no desire to explore beyond the gift shops to see if a ride might be hiding back there is just plain ludicrous. Confession: When we went the first time, we were unaware of (or uninterested in) Livin' with the Land or El Rio Die Tiempo or the France movie or the China movie or the American Adventure. My mother, who was along at the time, would have loved them. Oh well. Live and learn.
I have to admit that after they told me, my jaw must have dropped open for about a week. I couldn't understand how that could have happened. Nobody could be that dumb, I thought. I was waiting for them to burst out laughing and tell me they were just kidding. Especially since, I had supplied so much information to them. But, if they were kidding they have never let on that this was the case. You can't fix stupid and this is something I hope was a unique degree of stupid on their part. I'm not sure how they are able to put one foot in front of the other and walk.

WDWVolFan

I have to admit that after they told me, my jaw must have dropped open for about a week. I couldn't understand how that could have happened. Nobody could be that dumb, I thought. I was waiting for them to burst out laughing and tell me they were just kidding. Especially since, I had supplied so much information to them. But, if they were kidding they have never let on that this was the case. You can't fix stupid and this is something I hope was a unique degree of stupid on their part. I'm not sure how they are able to put one foot in front of the other and walk.

My wife wouldn't let me grab my phone for a phone call, much less take a picture. :p

Driver

I have a close friend that is a retired school teacher (lives in VT.) A few weeks ago I threw out an invitation to come down for a visit sometime this winter to escape the cold and maybe hit the parks. He replied " not sure if I would enjoy a carnival" turns out he's never been and had no clue what was there.

Driver

Always have and always will. I've never worn anything but shorts and T's during all my February trips. Wait, I take that back. One day during the 100th Birthday of Walt, I had to wear a windbreaker cause the north wind was a little chilly. Otherwise, always t's and shorts. You have to remember that when I would leave Vermont in February, quite often it was 20 or more below zero. That is a 65 degree difference and it seemed quite comfortable to me. I did have to chuckle at the Mittens, Parkas and Knit Hats worn by the CM's though.
I'm from New England myself and I can tell you it did not take long for my body to adjust to the warm weather. I am one of those that is all bundled up on a 60 deg. day . brrrrr!

Eddie Garrison

So we were sitting at Nomads Lounge at Animal yesterday grabbing an adult beverage waiting for our Avatar FP's and overheard this from a guest ordering a drink with a glowing drink cube deal in it.

Asking a question to the bartender after ordering a drink ... "Are those water proof? It's raining pretty bad and I don't want it to get ruined if it gets wet".

My wife and I had a good laugh with Danielle (the bartender) after the guest left.

Goofyernmost

We were staying at POP when a Brazilian group of girls were at the pool. And yes they wore thongs. I was too nervous to take pictures. I didn't wand to look like a dirty old man.
They probably thought you were anyway, so what did you have to lose. If they are exposing it, they wanted you to see it. There is no other reason (other then an even tan, ya sure)

Goofyernmost

I'm from New England myself and I can tell you it did not take long for my body to adjust to the warm weather. I am one of those that is all bundled up on a 60 deg. day . brrrrr!
Since I moved to NC, I am also quicker to feel chilly. I used to laugh at folks here who got all thermal when the temperature dropped below 50. I might not have worn shorts during that time, but short sleeved shirts and no jacket were fine with me. Now 7 years later, I agree anything in the 50's is a little chilly even for me.

Ralphlaw

I have a close friend that is a retired school teacher (lives in VT.) A few weeks ago I threw out an invitation to come down for a visit sometime this winter to escape the cold and maybe hit the parks. He replied " not sure if I would enjoy a carnival" turns out he's never been and had no clue what was there.

Yeah, "I've been to the county fair--why would I spend all that money to go to Disney World?"

John C. Shepherd

I'm Brazilian so I understood her telling her family that "these people should just get over it. My *** is fabulous and it will be out for everyone to see."

The a CM showed up and said her bikini bottoms were not appropriate. She had to go back to her hotel and change. She was ****ed off and talking really loud in Portuguese how she was the customer so she's always right and that she didn't have any bathing suits that didn't show everyone how fabulous her *** was and that she had to go buy a new bathing suit. She then proceeded to say that if they had to go shopping, they might as well just go to Walmart and shop the rest of the day.

As stated before this is useless without pictures of her fabulous Bum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom