deleted

Ismael Flores

I'm still trying to figure out what a tour of launch Bay would be. I just don't see much there to really get excited about.

They can at least have you meet other characters besides the ones the rest of the public gets to line up for

Mike S

I'm still trying to figure out what a tour of launch Bay would be. I just don't see much there to really get excited about.

They can at least have you meet other characters besides the ones the rest of the public gets to line up for
If there were exclusive M&Gs you just know every tour would be filled with O-Town bloggers.

hauntdmansion79

I am really tired of Disney promoting these separately priced parties and tours. It's getting out of hand. I just took my son to Disney World and we did everything included in this list and didn't have to pay anything for it!
  • A Star Wars “all-in-the-know” tour guide (I doubt it's more than what we know is to come to Star Wars Land)
  • Priority boarding for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue (AKA FastPass)
  • Encounter two Star Wars characters (Chewbacca and Kylo Ren) at Star Wars Launch Bay (Available to everyone)
  • An in-depth, insider’s tour around Star Wars Launch Bay (Everything in there has plaques to read)
  • Screening of “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi” (Available to everyone)
  • Enjoy Star Wars-themed menu items during dinner at Backlot Express (Available to everyone)
  • A spot in the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, which includes themed sweets and specialty beverages, as well as reserved viewing for the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show (Fireworks show is available to everyone....dessert party is already available for additional price, but is it really worth it?)
Again, you can do all this without paying $129/person. I just miss the days when your park admission included EVERYTHING that was happening in the park that day. Including all shows, parades, and for full open-close park hours. I don't like the limitations these special events put on the regular park admission ticket holders and really don't love how much money they are asking guests to pay to enjoy what I think should be included.

Kman101

At least it doesn't take anything away from the other guests. And believe it or not, there is most likely an audience for this. Yes, it is a money grab, but as someone who has taken several Disney tours, I really don't see the issue with expanding the tour offerings.

Did I say there was an issue? Did I say it takes away from the other guests? I stated you can do it for free.

Last edited:

Kman101

I understand that everything is offered for free. All I said was that there is an audience for it, but would I spend money to go on this tour? No. Furthermore, it doesn't bother me at all that you called it a money grab, and I actually agree with you. I stated in my other post that it is a money grab. But if they aren't taking anything away from you, then why does it bother you so much?

And I edited my post because I was rude. And for that Im sorry. I posted too quickly. I also never said it was taking away from anything so I don't understand that part of your argument?

It bothers me because people are paying for something they can do for free. Why is it wrong I care about that? If someone wants to I'm not going to bully them about it.

I'm not sure why you're trying to argue it when you agree it's a money grab?

Obviously I'm aware there's an audience for this kind of thing. It's what they're counting on.

Kman101

What happened to being able to discuss things? Why does it always have to be a back and forth about the merits of what they're doing? If someone wants to pay for it, so be it. I'm sorry I wasn't more sunshine and roses about it? And believe it or not, I can see the value in a family wanting to pay for this. I do. But I think it's a shameless money grab and I'm not going to stop voicing my opinion on that. Doesn't mean I can't see someone finding value in it. Not sure why it even needed to go this far ... moving on now.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Cheez and crackers! I already feel really, really sorry for the poor CM who has to do this for 7. hours....

You don't think there are CMs who are SW geeks and can talk for seven hours about whether the Dark Side of the Force is a dualistic equal but opposite power against the Light Side or whether the Force is a neutrally good in it's natural state and gets subverted by people who twist it into a 'dark side'?

JohnD

Not sure I would do this. That's a full day. Even the 5 hour KTTK tour, while good, was pretty much my limit for a tour.

Oddysey

Keep in mind this is coming from a Disney nerd who has experienced Keys to the Kingdom (twice), and Undiscovered Future World (twice).

With no additional offerings other than what can already be experienced for free, I have to think that the target audience is tourist who do not do their research and think they are getting some kind of special Star Wars experience that is not provided to other guest. This does not make me angry as it will not hinder or enhance my experience of the parks, but if this is not classified a cash grab, I do not know what else would be. Just my opinion.

trampdog

How do you get seven hours out of the meager Star Wars offerings at that park? This is the sort of thing you save for when you have a fully armed and operational Star Wars Land

Why do I picture a 300 pound greasy haired nerd, who lives in his parents basement, and smells like a$$ as the person this tour caters to?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I like Star Wars and all but I think they are going to milk this utter everywhere until it dries up, which likely won't happen...so .... wdw may become sww

*Q*

I like Star Wars and all but I think they are going to milk this utter everywhere until it dries up, which likely won't happen...so .... wdw may become sww
Well, hopefully they take a break for a couple of years after Star Wars Story #3. I can't imagine them diving into another Skywalker trilogy right away.

Kman101

I do think there will be fatigue. A movie every year is fantastic right now because of the drought of movies and the lackluster prequels, but once the new trilogy wraps up and the Han Solo movie comes out ... I personally would think they need to take a breather. But as long as they still get billions of dollars in revenue from them they won't. Look at the superhero movies. Marvel is doing a fantastic job but it just feels so ... crowded and I'm kind of surprised fatigue hasn't set in yet with those movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom