decorating hotel room for Christmas

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
I want to decorate our hotel for Christmas (not nails or craziness like that) and I was wondering what the stipulations were for that??? I mean a Christmas Tree, And a few Christmas nicknacks here and there. We are going to the Pop Century Hotel Dec 17th - January 1st.

Are the stores throughout MK open during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Celebration?

Thanks ALL!!

swimmom

We put up some lights in our room. I just wrapped them on the headboard of the bed. At Wilderness Lodge & Contemporary we have seen light on the balconies.

All of the shops on Main Street are open during MVMCP, but there may be some smaller shops in the park not open.

Upvote 0

flscooman

I work at AKL and have seen everything from lights and small artificial trees in rooms to a family that had a real 12ft spruce brought in and set up in the presidential suite last year. I also worked at the All-Star a few years ago and lots of families put lights up in their windows.:xmas:

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

I stayed at Saratoga Springs last December and was very surprised to see how some people decorated their balconies and doors. I've seen wreaths, lights, and one family wrapped the front door in red foil wrapping with a gold bow. I thought it was really cute!! My friends and I agreed that if we stayed during December we would have a contest to see who had the most beautifully decorated door.:xmas:

Upvote 0

Seasider

we were at the All Start Sports for 3 weeks covering Christmas and New year just gone, missed our christmas tree and decorations....Walmart had some great deals we got two mini trees with lights for under $12.....more so the maid actually put them in the window for us.....only shame we had to leave the trees when we came home

Upvote 0

Debbie

I put lights in the windows when we went this past December. I just used suction cups and a little tape. It certainly caught one's eye returning in the evening. I used purple, green and gold; since those are my favorite colors (I'm a true New Orleanian!)

Upvote 0

maelstrom

I saw a lot of decorations up at POR this past Christmas, ranging from lights in the windows, the a tree set up in the window, to wrapping to door, and wreaths. I also saw lights on balconies at the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge and I'm sure all the resorts with private balconies had guests decorating them.

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

We set up a small pre-lit tree in our room the last Dec. we stayed at the Beach Club. Of course we had to buy decorations for it at the parks, lol. One thing to remember if you want to use any decorations that need power, is to bring extension cords and two-fers or three-fers. Also they don't sell those little ornament hangers, so you might want to bring those (although dental floss will work as a stand-in).

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

We stayed at Pop this past Christmas. We had a mini Christmas tree with lights and ornaments on the table, lights in the window, Christmas stockings taped to the table and a snowman hanging from the light in the room. We were one of the only rooms that looked to have lights up in our building. We arrived Christmas Eve. We did pass one room that had their window open with a huge Christmas tree all decorated (had to be a 6-7 ft tree)

Upvote 0
Disney Florist sells trees as well.

During the Backstage Magic tour this past December we saw the Disney Florist setting up trees to be delivered to the rooms. What I thought was neat about this was the fact the tree was in the room and setup when you got there. Just a little more magic from Santa's elfs. You could also have mongramed mouse ears and other goodies waiting you you and the rest of your party. While I'm sure it is not cheap, I want to do something like this when we take our daughter to Disney for her first big trip when she is about 6 or 7 and will remember it.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We did the mini lights, little tree, silver garland and Disney window clings at the All Stars Christmas 04. We had 3 rooms, every room window was a bit different but very fun.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

I surprised my parents and took them to WDW the week before Christmas last year. I looked up the trees, etc. that the Disney Florist sell, and although cute and of course convenient they were expensive. Instead I brought a little less clothes and packed Disney stockings (from Target) stuff to fill them and a few decorations. We had two rooms at OKW and while everyone left the room to get ready to go to MVMCP I acted like I forgot something in the room and ran back and put out all the Christmas stuff.
When we got back from a great night everyone was surprised and thought Disney had given us gifts. It was a great way to start our Holiday week at WDW.:xmas:

Upvote 0

MouseFanatic

Decorations in Hotel Rooms

OK now I am intriqued. How much does it cost to buy the tree direct from Disney so it is set up when you check in? Is there a number I can call to get information. I would love to do that as a surprise for my husband:xmas:

Upvote 0

Tweedle Adie

We stayed at Port Orleans one year over Christmas and we set up a full size artificial tree in our room. Which we bought from the Goodings when we arrived. We decorated it with a few ornaments, hair scrunchies (this was many years ago), and the clear lids that had mickey kouse on them they were used to cover the glasses in the room, and a mickey mouse ballon as a tree topper. All in all it was a lot of fun :xmas:

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

The tree was at least $150 if not closer to $200, there is usually a delivery and tax: http://www.disneyflorist.com/areasweserve.html?website_id=485745524856546565). I looked at it before I decided to just send our own 3ft Christmas tree down (decorated with what I wanted, it came to like $25).

I decorated the whole thing (micro lights (small lights like rice lights), disney ornaments I bought at home) at home and wrapped it with plastic wrap, boxed it up with our Target Disney stockings, lights, suction cups, packing tape (came in handy for hanging the lights,since the suction cups didn't want to stay on the window once it got sweaty) and window clings that spelled out Merry Christmas. We shipped it down about a week before we arrived so when we got to Pop the desk clerk said that we had a package waiting for us (it was on our reservation once the box arrived) For the trip home we made sure to have enough space left over to bring our tree & stockings home in the suitcases with us.

Upvote 0

mrerk

Premium Member
We've never done a tree, but we have decorated our balcony with lights. For the 4th we bring red, white and blue lights and zip-tie a flag to the balcony railing.

Upvote 0

wdwforus

We stayed at Pop last Christmas and decorated our room. Quite a few others did as well. I would be careful putting anything on the window sill, we noticed a lot of condesation built up here and things got wet. We brought a fiber optic tree that was about 18" tall and set it up on top of the tv cabinet/ bureau. We bought ornaments while we were there and decorated it with them. The only problem was that the ornaments didnt come with hangers and we werent leaving property to get them so I used a bunch of tie wraps I had brought with me. Kind of a red neck tree but it worked and the kids loved it. We just left it in the garbage when we left. My Mom was all freaked out and wanted to take it home and I told her I would buy her a $20 tree next year. We also had the kids decorate tip envelopes to give to the housekeeping staff which I hoped they liked. Its your room, decorate all you want as long as you dont damage anything, have fun. If you have never been at Christmas just a word of advice. The few days leading up to the 25th are great but after that, it is chaotic. We didnt even try to go into the parks after lunch.

Upvote 0

Senderella

Don't forget about the Christmas Store in DTD! You can buy quite a bit there and not have to lug it with you. The selection there is better than the one in MK. There's a ton more to choose from. I don't think you can get lights down there though. That'd be one thing you'd have to bring with you, IIRC. Unless you wanted to make the trek to the WalMart, but let me tell you from experience.. if you're not familiar with surrounding Orlando, it will definately be a long adventure! LOL It took us awhile to find it and we had a few fleeting thoughts of being lost and not finding it until we finally stumbled over it. Also look into those little hook suction cup things they have that don't mar the walls for stockings & such. If you're really handy, you could take a plain unfinished wreath with you and a glue gun and have some fun with the Mickey ornaments they have. I thought that'd look really adorable. We're going in October and I'm totally planning on stocking up on Christmas things. My bestest friend in the whole world is going with us and he's a decorating genius. LOL I'm going to end up getting into so much trouble with him there shopping with me!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
I've seen windows and doors decorated for many holidays and events over the years. We slightly decorated our room one year for Halloween. We, too, used lights and tape, and we purchased some window clings. Just a few things helped add to the festive atmosphere for Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom