Declining Magic Band

CDavid

Original Poster
You don't even need to do all that if you're willing to drop $17.95 :) Although I'm partial to analog, so I might be DIYing it!
CHeW8IeWsAA03fg.jpg:large

I actually think this is an interesting concept, but it seems almost backwards in execution. Wouldn't it make more sense to sell a watch (or watch band) with built-in Magic Band functionality rather than a watch add-on for the regular Magic Band? There are people who wouldn't wear a Magic Band but will wear a watch.

But they don't cover the Mickey head. The watch piece would. The photos I saw had the watch slider worn to the side.

Seems like it ought to be possible to make a Mickey to Mickey connection work through the watch face, perhaps? How much material can you have between the "Mickeys" and still get a connection, or perhaps how much of an opening would you need in the watch "face" to allow a signal to pass through?

RiceCrispyMickey

Vaguely related to this thread and possibly somewhat interesting to some of you... my magic bands (for our upcoming trip) are showing up on MDE as 'Declined'. Now I don't want to decline them, because I want a magic band, but we have had some trouble with MDE which I think has caused this. We originally booked a stay at All Star Sports, this showed up fine with our bands which we customised. We then upgraded to WL via the phone and at that point the tickets dropped off MDE and were no longer showing. We called them today to get them added back on and then when i've checked back the tickets show up but when I go into the section to customise the bands they show up with 'Declined' written over them. So perhaps you can decline them if you phone up, assuming you have previously had a magic band.

Anyway i'll be calling them tomorrow to 'un decline' them!

Here is a cropped screen shot:
Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 17.10.26.jpg

LdyApxr

I wear a watch and a fitbit pretty much at all times(my watch is on me at all times, has been pretty much since forever and I am 46) so I don't have any issues with a Magic Band and am actually looking forward to this since we have only ever been to Disneyland and they don't have them there.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I wear a watch and a fitbit pretty much at all times(my watch is on me at all times, has been pretty much since forever and I am 46) so I don't have any issues with a Magic Band and am actually looking forward to this since we have only ever been to Disneyland and they don't have them there.

I wore a Fitbit along with my Magic Band at Walt Disney World on my last trip. Several times I tried using my Fitbit when entering a FastPass ride. Did not work well. Just have to keep straight with arm as what on it.

LdyApxr

Can someone explain Fitbit to me? Can't any decent phone do the exact same stuff without needing to shell out for a $200 bracelet?

My fitbit is a Flex, $89 and tracks steps, sleep, weight(linked to my Fitbit Aria scale), mileage walked, calories burned and syncs to my computer and my phone. I don't know of any phone that would be an accurate pedometer(the fitbit is close but not dead on accurate because it can also pick up arm movements as steps) or sleep tracker.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom