Decent backpack for the parks

wizards8507

I've been going to Disney and tons of other theme parks for years, and I've yet to find a backpack that works well. It's usually either one of the Nike gym bags with the rope straps that cut off the circulation to your arms when you fill them with water bottles, or a legitimate LL Bean or Swissgear backpack that doesn't fit into any of the on-ride baskets. There has to be a better option out there, but I haven't been able to find it. Any tips?

pixiesteno

I have a small child's backpack that I got on property. It is light and goes over one shoulder. It has a main area and then a small pocket. It becomes the Disney "purse" once I hit property. It is made of fabric so when we return home I send it through the washer and hang it up to dry so it is ready for the next trip. Puts me in the vacation mode to transfer stuff into it for the week or so that we are there. Sometimes I even leave it behind and just have my pass, some cash and off we go to the parks.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I've been going to Disney and tons of other theme parks for years, and I've yet to find a backpack that works well. It's usually either one of the Nike gym bags with the rope straps that cut off the circulation to your arms when you fill them with water bottles, or a legitimate LL Bean or Swissgear backpack that doesn't fit into any of the on-ride baskets. There has to be a better option out there, but I haven't been able to find it. Any tips?

I use a back pack that I got from Disney about 12 years ago. So I can't recommend the exact type but I can explain the style of it and that works for me. It's a leather back pack that has a zipper along the back (so the part that is up against your back) which I like for when I am sitting down I can just unzip the back and get out what I need. The "top" is a flap with a drawstring so that when I have it on, someone who is with me can easily open it from the top with out me having to take it off. There are two pockets in the front - one to fit cell phone and another for tickets. It holds everything that I take - 2 ponchos, my canon slr camera, wallet, and I have a zip lock bag that holds my travel size items such as sun screen, hand sanitizer, advil, etc., my glasses case, and 2 water bottles. I like the leather straps b/c they are soft but strong and they are wide so there is no cutting into my arms.

I hope this helps!!

Upvote 0

WDW2010

Jansport hands down the best backpack and most reliable backpack. I've used the same Jansport back for the last...9 years? Still perfect, very durable, holds everything I need such as my camera, water bottles, pins, and other knick knacks I decide to buy:)

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
bergen_fullsize_dpm.jpg

Upvote 0

mousefan76.8

Okay so before I was pregnant I would take in a travel wallet from Eddie Bauer. It would hold my phone, money, ipod, and I could even fold my Mickey poncho (for rainy days). It held my entire family's tickets in the front pocket so it was convenient to get Fast Passes.

Upvote 0

SFMarine

We use a backpack that has a hyrdration bladder in it since we travel in July. I've found that not buying the Camalpak brand is better since for the same price I get a bag with pockets. It fits our guide book, ponchos and maybe a snack or so along with enough water to last us until we get back to the hotel. With the bag I probably stay better hydrated in Florida in July than I do at home.

I'm thinking of getting one of these as well...how is Disney world water? :ROFLOL: I'll be staying @ CBR so I guess I'll just have to put up with whatever water comes out of the sink or water fountains.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom