December Resort Hopping

Kwit35

Which resorts have the best Christmas displays? We are skipping the parks this Christmas and have decided to resort hop to check out all the decorations. We have wanted to do this for a while but since we only get one day in Orlando, it is usually hard to talk everyone into skipping the parks. I am pretty excited to see parts of Disney I have never seen before! Any help would be greatly appriciated.

RiversideBunny

Just my most humble opion-

The only resort really worth taking the time to go and see is the Grand Floridian, unless you just want to see what every resort does.

We went to several Deluxe resorts one year based on seeing a TV show about the grand displays for Christmas. After seeing them, the only one we thought was grand was the Grand Floridian.
The Wilderness Lodge may be worth it but it's always a unique place anyway.

Other people on here will have a list of their favorite ones, though.
Have fun.
:xmas:

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Which resorts have the best Christmas displays? We are skipping the parks this Christmas and have decided to resort hop to check out all the decorations. We have wanted to do this for a while but since we only get one day in Orlando, it is usually hard to talk everyone into skipping the parks. I am pretty excited to see parts of Disney I have never seen before! Any help would be greatly appriciated.

All of the deluxe resorts have some great displays, and its a great reason to go see some resorts you have not visited before. Here are some photos from a few this year. :)

Yacht Club Resort holiday decorations 2009 photo tour

Boardwalk Resort holiday decorations 2009 photo tour

A look at the Beach Club Resort holiday decorations for 2009

A look at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort holiday decorations for 2009

Upvote 0

wdwfan100

In my opinion, I would say top 5 are:

1 wilderness lodge
2 Grand Floridian
3 Yacht Club
4 Boardwalk
5 Contemporary

It is a great time. I hope you enjoy the decorations

Upvote 0

tampabrad

I actually do this every year. Yesterday in fact. It usually takes a whole day. We do lunch and dinner and end up at the Cali Grill to watch the fireworks. We only do the delux resorts.Hope this little itin will help:

Start at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Drive over to One of the Epcot Resorts, we usually go to Beach Club and do Ice Cream Lunch at Beaches and Cream. Walk around Crescent lake and stop at Yacht Club, Dolphin, Swan, Boardwalk. (Walk off the No Way Jose) Drive up to Wilderness Lodge. Drive over to Contemporary. Take Monorail to Poly and Grand Floridean and back to Contemporary for Wishes and Dinner.

The day starts @ 2ish and we take it slow. Most of the delux resorts have the gingerbread and chocolate displays.

Have fun

Upvote 0

Kwit35

Original Poster
Thanks Everyone!

These are very helpful ideas. I know we are doing the poly, gf, and cont. loop. Other then that, everything is up in the air.

Upvote 0

corey154

I second what everyone else is saying about the epcot loop too....pretty awesome. (But if you only have time for one...you have to do the GF, Poly, and Contemp loop!) If you're there in the evening another fun idea is the campground, driving around and looking at everyones campgrounds decorated is an event in itself!

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I'd say start in the morning with breakfast at the Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness, so you can take in their display. After that, ferry to the MK, then do the monorail loop. Hop a bus to the Studios, and then boat or walk to the various Epcot resorts, with a sitdown lunch at Beaches & Cream. Whatever resort you finish in the Epcot area, bus to Animal Kingdom, then bus to the Animal Kingdom Lodge from there, enjoy their decorations and have dinner at Boma.

Upvote 0

Cubs Brian

I'd say start in the morning with breakfast at the Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness, so you can take in their display. After that, ferry to the MK, then do the monorail loop. Hop a bus to the Studios, and then boat or walk to the various Epcot resorts, with a sitdown lunch at Beaches & Cream. Whatever resort you finish in the Epcot area, bus to Animal Kingdom, then bus to the Animal Kingdom Lodge from there, enjoy their decorations and have dinner at Boma.

Yea, what he said, but for lunch just order the Kitchen Sink.:slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom