December Candlelight Processional questions

gettingsmaller

Hey,
We will be going this Dec (our first time to go in Dec).
One of the special events is:
Nightly Candlelight Processional at the American Gardens Theatre. Revel in the joy of the season as you listen to an unforgettable retelling of the Christmas story by a celebrity narrator accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and mass choir.

So, I have a couple of questions about this:
1) Anyone been to this previous years? How early should a person arrive for it?

2) "retelling of the Christmas story"--I would assume that they are referring to Jesus, the manger, and all of that, but does anyone know for sure?

3) Also, this theater is the one "facing" the America Pavilion in the World Showcase?

Thanks!

Edisto Pluto

We are going on the 22nd of December. This will be our 6th time. It is outstanding. Our dinner reservations are in Germany as well. Decent food but real short walk to CP. I love Christmas at WDW!

Upvote 0

Boray

We saw John O'Hurley narrate it last year and he was AMAZING. There is just something about his voice...very impressive. You'll love it!

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

This is possibly going to sound crass, but in advance, I SWEAR, not trying to be, I'm genuinely curious.

When Marlee Matlin is the featured performer for the Processional, I'm guessing she's signing and not speaking, orally, per se, right? And her assistant, or some other performer, takes over the oral duties? Or would it be another celebrity, where they work in tandem?

I think she's there from the 10th through the 12th.

Actually, I think it would be great if were Matlin and one of her costars from The L Word. And as they spread the word of the true meaning of Christmas, murmurs throughout the crowd go "They did WHAT on-camera? Is it even legal for them to BE here?"

Upvote 0
I wasn't originally planning on fitting this in our schedule on our trip in December, but I might after hearing all the positive comments.

The narrarators during our trip will be Monique Coleman and Chita Rivera? Who would you choose?:veryconfu

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

If you are planning on doing the Dinner package, Id call up and let the availability of the package for the restaurant(s) that you want determine that one!! I havebeen to the CP any number of times and have never had a bad featured speaker so dont even worry aobut that!!!! The whole experience is so moving and beautiful, either way will be fine!!! Belle

Upvote 0

LeeLee D

We are going on the 22nd of December. This will be our 6th time. It is outstanding. Our dinner reservations are in Germany as well. Decent food but real short walk to CP. I love Christmas at WDW!

That's part of the reason I chose Germany. I have a superphobia:lookaroun about being late, so I wanted to be close so that I can enjoy my dinner without being stressed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom