December 2009 countdown and celebration

luvlifeinfl

Wow, a few of you are arriving the 11/28/09, the day we are to depart, but now my DH is asking if we can extend it by a day or 2. We to arrive 11/21/09 and staying at SSR ( DVC home resort) We are also in a wait list to see if we can get in at the AKV, but them and WL are booked 3 of the days we need, 11/25, 26&27. I guess for Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

marcriss

:xmas: WOW! We are down to 179 days...Wish we could have made our ADR's at 180 days, we have them all picked out. Trying to decide what to put on our matching t-shirts. Looked at some pictures from our previous trips....getting very excited!!!! :sohappy:

I'm bummed about the 180 days too!!! We'd be making ours in 6 more days! Now it's 96:(

Upvote 0

wedoada

We are Dec 20 - 27. Staying in a 1 BR in the new BLT.

I know....we're crazy for going on the busiest week but last Christmas season was a hard one.....we lost both of my parents 2 months apart...so we wanted to make a happy memory for the family. :xmas:

Upvote 0

raugust

Getting there

We (wife, daughter, son-in-law, 2 granddaughters and :)) will be @ the CBR from Dec. 5th - 12th. I too am bummed out about the 90 day ADR's but I guess all is relative.

Upvote 0

momofnine

Original Poster
:wave:WOW, time seems to be flying, we will be in Disney in 30 days for our daughters softball nationals. Only 154 days until our December family Christmas trip!!!!:xmas: Getting very excited, still very upset that they did away with "Mickey's night before Christmas" I hope they change their mind and use the stitch stage for the Mickey show. Not a stitch fan, and my kids don't like him either.

Upvote 0

AndTiggercameto

We are visiting WDW for the third time...hopefully...8-22 Dec:xmas:....counting down the days already...the calendar's marked & the itinerary has been started...3 kids are still unaware...can't wait to see their faces when we tell them!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

jen2009

We are there Dec 12-20. Yeah for a 2nd honeymoon. Got married at Disney in March and had to leave right after wedding due to a death in the family. No honeymoon. :( So what better time to go then during Christmas when we have never been. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

momofnine

Original Poster
We are there Dec 12-20. Yeah for a 2nd honeymoon. Got married at Disney in March and had to leave right after wedding due to a death in the family. No honeymoon. :( So what better time to go then during Christmas when we have never been. :sohappy:
I'm so sorry to hear that. You have picked a great time to go, have a wonderful time, you deserve it!:wave:

Upvote 0

AGentlRose

Count us in for December. We arrive the Sunday after Thanksgiving November 29 and depart on Friday December 4, two celebrations, my DH's birthday in November and our anniversary in December.

Upvote 0

mikeb1967

Dec. Trip

Hello All, We will be on the Disney Magic Dec. 10-13 and at the Pop from 13-18. I'll be happy to celebrate another birthday on Dec. 17 at WDW. Life is good. MikeB

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Hello All, We will be on the Disney Magic Dec. 10-13 and at the Pop from 13-18. I'll be happy to celebrate another birthday on Dec. 17 at WDW. Life is good. MikeB

Yes, life is good. Hey, I see you're from PA, too. I just live up the road in Waynesburg!! I'll be leaving the World just as you're arriving.

Upvote 0

VBAndrea

We are going Dec 6 -12, staying at AKL. My ds (7 years) and dd's (5 years) first visit and I haven't been to Disney in over 10 years myself. I've been reading to pack in layers so I was planning on buying a few pairs of pants that unzip to shorts or ones that roll up to capris. I'm also thinking about buying a pair of crocs. Normally I despise them as I think they are quite unattractive, but just looked at their website and boy has the styling improved! I hear they are the shoe of choice for Disney. If anyone has any good wardrobe advice for early December I'd love to hear it.

Upvote 0
We'll be there November 30th-December 5th. Can wait. Taking my son for the first time. I've never been during Christmas time and have heard nothing but great things about it. Plus, I can't stand the heat and humidity of Florida during the Summer. I've hear that its in the 70s during the day and 40s, 50s at night. I'd rather have slightly chilly than hot.

Upvote 0

Tater48

We will be there from December 4th - 9th staying at the Pop Century. First time for us to see the Christmas decorations at the parks.

Only 156 more days.

Upvote 0

momofnine

Original Poster
We are going Dec 6 -12, staying at AKL. My ds (7 years) and dd's (5 years) first visit and I haven't been to Disney in over 10 years myself. I've been reading to pack in layers so I was planning on buying a few pairs of pants that unzip to shorts or ones that roll up to capris. I'm also thinking about buying a pair of crocs. Normally I despise them as I think they are quite unattractive, but just looked at their website and boy has the styling improved! I hear they are the shoe of choice for Disney. If anyone has any good wardrobe advice for early December I'd love to hear it.

We have been to Disney in Dec. for Christmas about 4 times. The weather has never been any colder than a light jacket/sweatshirt to throw on when it gets chilly, not sure if we have just been lucky?:shrug: It is a beautiful time to see Disney, The Christmas Decorations are beautiful!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom