dealing with a guest who was rude to a CM

Kerby626

To all you stand up folks...Good on you! It's good to see and hear that there are people out there that will stand up when needed. Have a good one.

SallyfromDE

I felt like saying, "didn't you read the sign before you ordered!" I felt really bad for her. I hate rude people!!

Well.... I would have. (and if my mother were with me, she would have said I was rude). I work in retail and often wish other customers would just speak up. No need to be rude, make a scene or get out of line. Just make a remark to put the person in thier place when we can't. As for the origional post, the only thing I would have done different, I would have looked for security to deal with the Husband/boyfriend for harassing me.

drew81

It's sad how people think they can treat CMs even if the CM is just doing their job. I know I was yelled at many times when I worked down there by people...one time I was cornered by two guest against a fence because they claimed I gave no notice before Goofy went to check on Max. Finally an older gentleman told them to knock it off...but it was scary!

Good for any person to stand up for a CM!

It is sad. I saw a greeter make the 5 minute call for Bowler Hat Guy and when he left a guest just started to freak out making a big deal out of it even though the greeter said Lewis and Wilbur would be coming right out and Bowler Hat Guy would be back in 30 minutes. He started screaming for a manager. He finally left which was stupid because he still could've seen Lewis and Wilbur and then went and saw the Incredibles and then come back for Bowler Hat Guy. I stood there and approached the greeter and told her that I would stay there and back her up because I saw the whole thing.

Craig & Lisa

Original Poster
To all who have responded, thankyou. I don't go out of my way to do anything but, when I'm at WDW I smile and say hello to all the CM's we see and pass by. I say hello to the bus drivers as we enter and say thankyou when we leave. I never have or tried to get something free during any visit, or if on the rare occasion have a not so nice encounter with a CM, do I expect compensasion. I realize that these people work hard to be pleasent at all times, even when a guest is an A-hole, ( sorry for the comment ) But in the future if I ever see a situation like this again I will not hesitate to do it again, and with more gusto!! And will also, will not except anything free, (well....maybe if it was a dole whip...:slurp: :slurp: yum ) just kidding.

LoriMistress

I think it has to do with miserable poeple with a low self-esteem...makes them feel better when they denigrate others.

Exactly...I like to quote Randall Graves, "I hope it feels so good to be right. There is nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?"

People who are unhappy with themselves and their own lives believe by belittling and being a complete jerk makes them appear smarter, and they also believe they are above everyone else. I don't tolerate that behavior with anyone, but I know when there's not point to wasting my breath. I think if these people believe if they complain or scream load enough that they'll get some sort of special prize for feeling "cheated" in life.

jiminy.cricket

To all who have responded, thankyou. I don't go out of my way to do anything but, when I'm at WDW I smile and say hello to all the CM's we see and pass by. I say hello to the bus drivers as we enter and say thank you when we leave. I never have or tried to get something free during any visit, or if on the rare occasion have a not so nice encounter with a CM, do I expect compensasion. I realize that these people work hard to be pleasent at all times, even when a guest is an A-hole, ( sorry for the comment ) But in the future if I ever see a situation like this again I will not hesitate to do it again, and with more gusto!! And will also, will not accept anything free, (well....maybe if it was a dole whip...:slurp: :slurp: yum ) just kidding.

I am all for doing my job when I'm a CM, but...

(WE NEED MORE GUESTS LIKE YOU!)

And dude, if you're offered something free, take it! :)

jiminy.cricket

Exactly...I like to quote Randall Graves, "I hope it feels so good to be right. There is nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?"

People who are unhappy with themselves and their own lives believe by belittling and being a complete jerk makes them appear smarter, and they also believe they are above everyone else. I don't tolerate that behavior with anyone, but I know when there's not point to wasting my breath. I think if these people believe if they complain or scream load enough that they'll get some sort of special prize for feeling "cheated" in life.

The sad thing is that CMs usually have to offer something to these people to pacify them...and then these guests don't mature. It just encourages them to act the same way and doesn't bother their consciences. I mean, I'm all for being a child--but people need to have some maturity and civility at the same time! :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom