Dead Body

NowInc

And ironically enough..the ONLY news channel here who said ANYTHING about it was ABC...A disney owned station....

NowInc

Originally posted by Hyperion93
They should definately re-open the skyway....

Talk about MASSIVE thread drift...heh...

Skyway will never come back...they removed the poles and wouldnt pay to re-add em.

wyattkelly

Dead body in Disney

Amazing the things that happen. At a place as huge as Disney, with the literally thousands of people in and out in a given day, that not more people are hurt or killed. It's a testament to Disney's safety policies. Still, my thoughts go out to his family.

I worked at The Magic Kingdom about five years ago, and remember a woman having a heart attack on Splash Mountain. That was freaky.

Buford

He was an agriculturalist for Disney, and drowned when working with water and plants, I believe. :( I think it was around the Magic Kingdom, or one of the resorts. I *think* Dixie Landings.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by DMC-12
wow... a blast from the past...:eek:

Anyone important? What were the circumstances again?

Ummm...DMC...what does THAT mean??? :lol: Would I be considered "Important" if I was found dead? (just kidding around with you)

I'm truly sorry to hear that One Little Spark.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Ummm...DMC...what does THAT mean??? :lol: Would I be considered "Important" if I was found dead? (just kidding around with you)

I'm truly sorry to hear that One Little Spark.

lol... I re read it a few times... and it does sound bad...lol.. I did not mean it in a mean/cruel way....sorry....:)

westie

My favorite was the guy that drowned trying to swim to Tom Sawyer Island. I mean how outta shape do you gotta be? (or just ignorant)

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by westie
My favorite was the guy that drowned trying to swim to Tom Sawyer Island. I mean how outta shape do you gotta be? (or just ignorant)

That water isn't as safe as it looks. The current and undertow are very strong so the water can flow throughout the park. It wouldn't be too hard to drown there. Two boys drowned in the Rivers of America in Disneyland many years ago. So it is something that can happen, and can happen very easily (if you are stupid enough to try).

STGRhost

ugh...another Death at Disney thread....

It's sad. I feel bad for the family of this man, and whoever it was who found him...

But we need to keep in mind how big the property is, and the massive ammount of people that are constantly moving through here. (It's like any other normal city, except that here, half the population moves away and are replaced about once a week.) Death is part of life, and it happens in WDW as often as it does in the "real world". There is no real conspiracy in keeping stories about death (even if there is no real "story", as in this case...) out of the media and away from the attention of guests - hearing these stories ruins the illusion. It breaks up the magic, and it's not something people want to deal with on their vacations (and they shouldn't have to if it doesn't involve them). So disney tries to keep it quiet. And as someone else said, when these stories make the news, it's usually because it happened on Disney Property(!), not just because someone died.

It's always sad, of course, but it's part of life.

westie

I'd like to hear from a busdriver. The drivers always have a million dead and counting stories. All covered up by the Brazilian Mafia, of course!:animwink:

JLW11Hi

Wow, I saw this in the recent thread list at the intro page and really surprised me,

Then I saw it was from March! Kinda gave me a scare there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom