DDP and military

disneygirl1024

I have the DDP with the military dine on my reservations. Since it is military our DDP won't be on our tickets since the military has their own discounted tickets as was told by a CM. My question is: Would the DDP be on our KTTW card or will they put them on the tickets I already bought?

disneygirl1024

Original Poster
Instead of getting a package with tickets and DDP thru Disney, it is the military discount with the DDP with tickets separate since the military has the special park tickets right now. I went ahead and bought my own tickets cause we are staying for 10 days and the military tickets cannot be upgraded and are only good for 5 days.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Instead of getting a package with tickets and DDP thru Disney, it is the military discount with the DDP with tickets separate since the military has the special park tickets right now. I went ahead and bought my own tickets cause we are staying for 10 days and the military tickets cannot be upgraded and are only good for 5 days.

Another option to stretch the military tickets, is to use the water park/Disney Quest options on days you don't go to a park. Then you could have 10 days total to do things.:)

Upvote 0

Midnight Mouse

Just so you know, you can buy other military discount tickets through Shades of Green or your MWR for WDW for up to 10 days.:sohappy: These are not the "special" tickets that they are offering right now, which is the free 5 day for the military member and the (up to 4) companion tickets at a steeply discounted price :D (This particular offer is only good to, I believe 22 Dec 09). Though if you buy your tickets with the Military Discount from MWR/Shades of Green, you are not eligible for the DDP from what I have been told and have experienced. :( But then again, I'm not totally sure, as I have only stayed at Shades of Green and am not sure that you couldn't get the DDP by virtue of staying at a Disney Resort and getting your tickets through MWR. For more information on ticket prices and what tickets are available (ie WDW, Universal Studios and the Kennedy Space Center) you can check out the Shades of Green website at http://www.shadesofgreen.org

Upvote 0

WDW 3

So... you can get the DDP with the 40% of room rate for Military and the free tickets? Sounds too good to be true.
We always stay at SOG and buy tickets there but have never been eligible for DDP.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

So... you can get the DDP with the 40% of room rate for Military and the free tickets? Sounds too good to be true.
We always stay at SOG and buy tickets there but have never been eligible for DDP.

Yes! It's part of the military salute. You can get the 40% off rooms and get the dining plan without having to buy tickets. Your stay is then considered a package and falls under package cancellation policies. It's a great deal!:)

Upvote 0

TakeMeThere81

Yes! It's part of the military salute. You can get the 40% off rooms and get the dining plan without having to buy tickets. Your stay is then considered a package and falls under package cancellation policies. It's a great deal!:)

Call Disney, they'll help you too. Just to be clear, you can get the 40% off discount, but not with free dining. You either pick regular room rates plus free dining, or 40% off with regular priced dining. That is, if you are looking to book during that timeframe.

The tickets are considered a totally different purchase.

For those who are getting the tickets, we did 5 days plus water parks and more and we went to water parks. My husband looked into it and since PI is gone now, they added golfing to the "and more" part. So it is water parks, DisneyQuest, or a round of golf(regular or mini)

We'll be going back to use the remainder of our days, but we'll probably buy a Fl resident 1 or 2 day ticket because we'll run out of regular theme park days.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Call Disney, they'll help you too. Just to be clear, you can get the 40% off discount, but not with free dining. You either pick regular room rates plus free dining, or 40% off with regular priced dining. That is, if you are looking to book during that timeframe.

The tickets are considered a totally different purchase.

For those who are getting the tickets, we did 5 days plus water parks and more and we went to water parks. My husband looked into it and since PI is gone now, they added golfing to the "and more" part. So it is water parks, DisneyQuest, or a round of golf(regular or mini)

We'll be going back to use the remainder of our days, but we'll probably buy a Fl resident 1 or 2 day ticket because we'll run out of regular theme park days.

Correct. The dining is not free. The time frame for the military salute is much longer too. The armed forces salute goes through December 23rd with just a few blackout dates.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom